Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Nuit de Noel remembered

I came across this site quite by accident . I was looking for a purfume that my mother wore when she got dressed up, and went out with my dad. as well always wore on Christmas day. I have saved this little bottle for over 40 years. I just took a sniff (and of course it is not the same probably has gone off years ago)-- but there is the slightest smell that lingers enough to have my mind race back to her bedroom while I watched her put on her jewelry, and then take that bottle and put it behind her ears and then on her wrist and then the dab on my wrist, then she would put on her mink stole or coat and go off to that party, --- and I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world.
    Is'nt it funny how a smell even after all those 60+ years brings us back so vividly to that memory. Bless you purfumers for creating a liquid that creates a memory. What a lovely gift to give the world.

Default Re: Nuit de Noel remembered

Very nice post. I love the ability of fragrance to bring back memory. Now I deliberately tie an event to a scnet so that I can remember.
    Caron is one of the better frag houses in my opinion. You should spring for a new bottle...
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Blog Entries

Nuit de Noel is just as good as ever, too. So you're in luck!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us. I myself have been transported to a different time after having smelt a particular fragrance and its indeed astonishing how the nose can trigger some thoughts in the mind and then the mind actually rewinds and plays the whole thing like a movie.

Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes and thank you for spreading your sunshine around here! I think many people land on this site because we were "looking for a fragrance ...," and here we are! It certainly is amazing the way long-forgotten memories can come rushing back with one deep inhale. My mom is still with me, but far away 'back home', and a sniff of Opium can make me think she's only just left the room.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Smile Re: Nuit de Noel remembered

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine13 View Post
    I came across this site quite by accident . I was looking for a purfume that my mother wore when she got dressed up, and went out with my dad. as well always wore on Christmas day. I have saved this little bottle for over 40 years. I just took a sniff (and of course it is not the same probably has gone off years ago)-- but there is the slightest smell that lingers enough to have my mind race back to her bedroom while I watched her put on her jewelry, and then take that bottle and put it behind her ears and then on her wrist and then the dab on my wrist, then she would put on her mink stole or coat and go off to that party, --- and I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world.
    Is'nt it funny how a smell even after all those 60+ years brings us back so vividly to that memory. Bless you purfumers for creating a liquid that creates a memory. What a lovely gift to give the world.

You brought back the stories my Mother told about this fragrance. She remembers it because when she was a child ( she is now 94), an actress and her ensemble would come to town and she would stay at my Mothers Aunts home. Mother was captured by the fragrance and it happened to be Nuit de Noel....Mother remembers this fragrance and thought it was absolutely wonderful. She had a bottle of it and loved wearing it form time to time.
    Thank you for mentioning Nuit De Noel
    Last edited by singer9545; 27th December 2008 at 06:15 PM.