Code of Conduct

Question Question about "perfume oils"

Hello all, I am a newbie to this site and to the perfume world. I am at a location that does not sell perfume( I am on a military base) ( well they do sell Jovan musk and Axe ) nor can I get any shipped here. But there Is a local (citizen) with a shop that sells "perfume oils" they are named after named brands and smell like them too. (well the ones I know)
    Does anyone have any info on these perfume oils. I tried a John Paul Gaultier and it smelled great and lasts all day. I just dont know anything about them. I saw that back in the States there are web-sites that sell these perfume oils also.
    Are they the really thing?
    Are they safe?
    if anyone can help please .
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Eddie0; 19th December 2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: none

Default Re: Question about "perfume oils"

I have some and the imitation oils are horribly synthetic and smell nothing like the originals. They are good to buy if you have no idea what the scent they are modeled after smells like. I bought cool water, eternity and Issey miyake imitations. The Issey was the best since L'eau D'Issey is slightly bitter anyway. All the oils have a bitter synthetic smell so it worked in the Issey and smelled a lot more aquatic and lighter. Most of them get cloying too. My take is that they are just a fun purchase that should not be taken seriously.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Default Re: Question about "perfume oils"

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    I have some and the imitation oils are horribly synthetic and smell nothing like the originals. They are good to buy if you have no idea what the scent they are modeled after smells like. I bought cool water, eternity and Issey miyake imitations. The Issey was the best since L'eau D'Issey is slightly bitter anyway. All the oils have a bitter synthetic smell so it worked in the Issey and smelled a lot more aquatic and lighter. Most of them get cloying too. My take is that they are just a fun purchase that should not be taken seriously.
    Well thank you for your answer. So they are imitations, well I will try some since thats all I have to go with right now. Can't wait to get back home to all my fragrances.