Code of Conduct

Default Chantecaille Frangipane or Ormond Jayne Frangipani Absolute?

I have tried the Chantecaille scent but not the Ormond Jayne. Chantecaille's Frangipane seemed a bit 'thin' and I would have preferred it to be smoother, more complex perhaps. How do you think the Ormond Jayne fragrance measures up by comparison to Chantecaille's? From what I have read so far OJ Frangipani Absolute seems like a potential new love.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chantecaille Frangipane or Ormond Jayne Frangipani Absolute?

Chantecaille's frangipane's is nice, as is their bottle. Haven't tried OJ's.

If you're thirsting for a sweet frangipani, you might like Lucy B Pink Frangipani, which is probably half the cost of OJ.

From TPC: A sensual tropical fragrance with top notes of mood-boosting Australian bush flower, pink grapefruit and pineapple; a middle note of red suva frangipani (more commonly known as plumeria); and base notes of heliotrope and coconut milk. Just the perfect fragrance for Summer!! Pink Frangipani is an eau de parfum, edp.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thanks Quarry! I usually like scents with heliotrope in the mix.

i wore OJ's Frangipani Absolute for my wedding and had invested in Pure Parfum - it did not let me down!! it is just so well made and really perfect - perfectly balanced, perfect drydown. It's the sort
    of scent that you give almost anyone and they would be delighted with it, yet it is utterly unique

Chaelaran1008 ~ you and I must have tickets to ride the same frangipane train! I too have tried Chanticaille's and while you say it's "thin" I say it's "sheer" - same thing though, huh!? Ormonde Jayne's Frangipani Absolute has been in the recesses of my brain since reading about it in Perfumes The Guide. I will definitely seek out a sample come spring, and will also take Quarry's recommendation of the Lucy B. Pink Frangipane. It's been my experience that when Quarry really likes a frag, go for it - it's probably a winner! Thanks gals!

Bumping this again as I am wandering into exploring frangipani/frangipane/plumeria again!

Chantecaille: beautiful and long-lasting, but too much vanilla, perhaps.
    Ormonde Jayne: less vanilla, but with lime instead of orange as with the Chantecaille

Must try the Lucy B now!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I found the OJ vastly superior to the Chantecaille. As usual, OJ is very rich and complex, but fresh and citrusy.

On the frangipani theme, conveying Luca Turin's comment about Guerlain Mayotte/Mahora: Calling this a frangipani is insulting the whole plumeria genus.

Also, for the Bostonians, I once stopped by a local small shop that made creams and soaps, threla (www.threla.com) on Cambridge st near lechmere. Their frangipani hand cream is delicious. Certainly not in the same league as a perfume - but still, it gives 5 minutes of natural smelling, fresh, delicious fun on the hands.

cacio
    Last edited by cacio; 23rd July 2012 at 03:42 AM.

Cacio, thank you for the reply. I think it's a matter of what is blended with the main note.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

L'Occitane had a frangipani hand cream 2 years ago and it was heavenly, they have great hand creams. When I went to buy more they didn't sell it anymore.

My favorite frangipani is the Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute. I've tried many of the others, the Chantecaille with samples, I own Lucy B Pink Frangipani. I've also tried Ava Luxe Frangipani. They are all good, but the Frangipani Absolute is so smooth and balanced, it beats all the rest.

Just thought of another one,The Garden Party Frangipane is nice too.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 23rd July 2012 at 03:17 PM.

The L'Occitane Frangipani was limited edition, they did a soap and a small body butter. They had four fragrances in this range, rose, honey and something and apricot/orange.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I have tried both these and own the OJ .
    I still like the OJ but frankly, the Chantecaille is a warmer scent . I guess if you like citrus more it would be the OJ and if you prefer warmer fragrances with vanilla then you can't beat the Chantecaille.
    I will get the Chantecaille at some point.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sorry to be in minority here -- but with Mims! -- Chantecaille's warmer and lighter scent was a favorite. You please sniff all of them and decide for yourself -- you are the one who will be sniffing it on your skin more often than anyone else.

I like Ormond Jayne much better.