Code of Conduct

Unhappy Need help with this issue! 1st Time order EO from internet

I order some EO from Snowdrift Farm, INC(http://www.snowdriftfarm.com) totally around 6.5 ounces ( around half pound) of EO, but somehow the estimated the package weight is 5.80 lb(dose packing peanuts and paper weight that heavy?) and charge me $9.17 for the shipping UPS Ground. This morning I receive the UPS tracking #... It stated the package weight only 2lb.

What should I do with this issue. Should I contact with them (phone or e-mail). Anyway I could check with the UPS how much Snowdrift pay for the UPS Ground. OR it normal.... .....I think the shipping cost is a little too exaggerated.

I saw on Eden Botanical the shipping is $4 for items less than $60( I guess?).... .... Should I shop there? Their EO cost more........

Now I'm scared by Internet stores....

Please help!!
    Last edited by chao_min; 20th December 2008 at 08:14 AM.

Default Re: Need help with this issue! 1st Time order EO from internet

An "ounce" of essential oil is measured in fluid ounces, a measure of volume, not mass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_ounce

I don't know this for sure, but just based on my ordering experiences I don't think UPS charges go much lower than about $9 - that might be close to the minimum.

Eden says they use USPS primarily, which is cheaper but not as trackable (or as reliable, though I've only had a couple of problems over the years).

A 16oz bottle of water in a plastic bottle weighs 1.3 pounds. You are getting less liquid, but the oils probably come in glass bottles. I'd say it probably weighs more than 2 pounds, and that their shipping calculator is only for estimating.

It does seem like a large discrepancy, but I am sure if you contact them and are very polite, they will respond appropriately. I have heard others use Snowdrift without any trouble.

I don't understand your complaint. What was the estimated shipping cost given when you checked out? Wasn't the actual shipping charge about equal to the estimate? If you didn't like the estimated shipping charge then you should have taken your business to another store.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.