Code of Conduct

Post Escada Magnetism for Men

I'm thinking of Magnetism for men for this winter ............. I like long lasting fragrances with very good sillage .........does it fit what I'm looking for?

Default Re: Escada Magnetism for Men

I think this is a scent for special ocations.. Definitively not a every-day-casual-fragrance.
    I will consider this as a evening-scent, for clubbing.. It could also be a unisex-fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think this is a scent for special ocations.. Definitively not a every-day-casual-fragrance.
    I will consider this as a evening-scent, for clubbing.. It could also be a unisex-fragrance.
    Agreed. Could be an everyday thing 'cuz it's not too heavy, but it's definitely much more "night life."
    Sales thread here

I was very disappointed by Magnetism, I was lucky enough to be able to return it.
    Smelled cheap, synthetic, with very weak sillage.

Then guys what do you suggest as sweet long lasting fragrance with excellent sillage for winter and daily wear?
    Last edited by stalker; 20th December 2008 at 10:35 PM.

Wood spices by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by stalker View Post
    Then guys what do you suggest as sweet long lasting fragrance with excellent sillage for winter and daily wear?
    Boucheron Jaipur! Exelent sillage and longevity. Very beautiful and refined scent. Elegant, timeless, warm, spicy and masculine. Somebody will consider this as to formal, but i don`t care! I love it so much that i use it to all occations.. Definitive on my top-5 list!
    Recommend it !

Individuel or Joop! Homme, if you want to get really sweet! LOL. For a "cheapo," Ignition is a strong bergamot/vanilla/pineapple/teak wood frag.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 20th December 2008 at 11:47 PM.

may i recommend Paco Rabanne Black XS.....modern, powerful, sweet with citric undertones.....with miles of sillage and longevity....get ready to wear a manly strawberry scent
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    may i recommend Paco Rabanne Black XS.....modern, powerful, sweet with citric undertones.....with miles of sillage and longevity....get ready to wear a manly strawberry scent
    I second that too. Also Acceptfacts knows best
    Sales thread here

wow. I will not wear Xs Black even if they pay me to, with all due respect to all the people that finds it interesting.

what do you think guys about Le Male
    Last edited by stalker; 21st December 2008 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker View Post
    what do you think guys about Le Male
    I think a lot of people seem to like it, but because it's overworn it has a bad reputation.

I dislike it intensely because it smells of lavender+listerine on me.

Okay, I wore Magnetism for men today. It starts off more medicinal that I remember from the last wearing, but that subsides quickly. Then it stays strong for a few hours (I used 3 sprays to the chest), and there are still gentle wafts now and then 4 to 5 hours later, which is where I'm at now. It's highly blended so individual notes are hard to determine. It comes across to me as a slightly salty cola smell, a bit powdery and sweet, but not overly so. I only came to like it after sampling a lot of frags and coming back to it every month or so. It's unique and a good change of pace in a big rotation. However, I'd have to say that Escada's Collection is a bit similar but clearly superior, though technically a "woman's" frag. Magnetism reminds me of some Samba frags. It's well blended, unique, and a crowd pleaser. However, it may be lacking a bit in the dynamism department.