Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Several samples in transit to me

In my exploration of the world of Niche fragrances, I've become a little addicted to Luckyscent.

I posted previously regarding my first samples purchases but I have a long list coming to me from 3 different orders.

I'm determined to find something I like.

The following fragrances are on the way. What do you think about my selections?

1 Isotta Fraschini - Sample:Uomo
    1 Ulrich Lang New York - Sample:Anvers
    1 Ulrich Lang New York - Sample:Anvers 2
    1 Parfumerie Generale - Sample:Cadjmere
    1 Bois 1920 - Sample:Agrumi Amari di Sicilia
    1 Bois 1920 - Sample:Sushi Imperiale
    1 Bois 1920 - Sample:Sutra Ylang
    1 Amouage - Sample:Jubilation XXV
    1 Amouage - Sample: Dia Man
    1 La Base - Sample:For Him
    1 Frapin - Sample:Passion Boisee
    1 Frapin - Sample:Terre de Sarment
    1 Frapin - Sample:Caravelle Epicee
    1 Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Sample:Eau Pour Le Jeune Homme
    1 Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 - Sample:Sofron
    1 Penhaligons - Sample:Endymion

I'm particularly eager to try Dia Man, La Base For Him, and Endymion
    Last edited by tabbakh; 20th December 2008 at 11:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Several samples in transit to me

Enjoy! I like the idea of ordering multiple samples from the same house to start getting a 'feel' for the house. When possible now, I try to obtain as many samples from a house at once.

My favorite among your list is PG Cadjmere - it's a great woodsy/gourmand. My least fave is Sushi Imperiale, which I found to be unpleasant. I have those Frapin samples, and though they were good fragrances they weren't my thing. Right now I'm working through the Farmacita fragrances, though I haven't tried Sofron yet (I recommend Chia, Cara, Ambra Nera, and Indonesian Patchouli).

The next time your order samples from LS, some houses you should consider sampling from are Profumum and Mazzolari (high-end Italian), Montale (middle-eastern style interpreted by French perfumer), Stephanie de Saint-Aignan (super-niche French), and Parfums Delrae (small US/French house).

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Enjoy! I like the idea of ordering multiple samples from the same house to start getting a 'feel' for the house. When possible now, I try to obtain as many samples from a house at once.

My favorite among your list is PG Cadjmere - it's a great woodsy/gourmand. My least fave is Sushi Imperiale, which I found to be unpleasant. I have those Frapin samples, and though they were good fragrances they weren't my thing. Right now I'm working through the Farmacita fragrances, though I haven't tried Sofron yet (I recommend Chia, Cara, Ambra Nera, and Indonesian Patchouli).

The next time your order samples from LS, some houses you should consider sampling from are Profumum and Mazzolari (high-end Italian), Montale (middle-eastern style interpreted by French perfumer), Stephanie de Saint-Aignan (super-niche French), and Parfums Delrae (small US/French house).

Have fun!
    I haven't seen many reviews of Profumum which is why I haven't ordered any yet, but I'll definateley revisit that. Thanks for the many suggestions! Delrae looks to be very interesting indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

I received some of the samples have been trying them.

Cadjmere = Sex in a bottle. Totally appreciate the suggestions to try this one!
    I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to be great.

Anvers - Smells dated, like something guys wore in high school in the 80's.

Anvers2 - I really like this one . I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like fussy fragrances, so this one is working for me well.

Dia Man - I'm not loving the BO smell from this one. It reminds me of Dzing and Bulgari Black in that regard. I wore Dzing to work last week and it was such a distraction to me. I couldn't wait to get home and shower. I think Dia Man would have the same effect. However I do appreciate the quality smell of it. Just not for me.

Jubilation XXV - I liked it but not sure enough to buy. I'll try it again soon and see if it grows on me. Again, I can tell it's quality. (maybe because I know the price)

Sutra Lang - Bubble gum anyone? Too strong.

Agrumi Amari di Scilia - I think this would make for a wonderful cold weather citrus scent. I can't wait to try this one for a day as well. How interesting is all i can come up with as a description.

Uomo - Vanished almost as quickly as I applied. Not much there for me. Rather boring scent.

Sushi Imperiale - I'm going to have to spend some time with this one. I think I like it but need to wear it for a day to make sure. It's very interesting.

Well that's it. I'm not too great with reviews, but I'm having fun!
    Last edited by tabbakh; 23rd December 2008 at 02:30 AM.

Your reviews are greatly appreciated. Please also do tell us your view on La Base when you can. The reviews on it are few and far between. Yet, it is popular at Luckyscent apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do. I should receive those in the mail this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying Jubilation for some days and not sure if it could grow on me. What I find mostly in it is pine and pine, some resinous pine. Although at Christmas it might be a nice thing, but still I should see if it's worth the price tag.

Post Thanks / Like

For sushi imperial, try to smell the ginger in it. If you are used to sushi, they usually give those marinated ginger slices. I think that is why they gave it the name 'sushi'. I didn't like it, personally.