Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 21 December

Good morning, SL Encens et Lavande for me.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 21 December

Datura Noir - Serge Lutens

Sur la Plage

Going to a holiday brunch wearing Jo Malone Pomegrante Noir.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning to all of you
    Today I'm in the beautiful Sacre by Caron. This is one of the most perfect scents on my skin
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Being the suggestible person I am - Eau de Shalimar, seeing as I just talked about it in the Shalimar concentrations thread.

Goutal's Ambre Fétiche, 'cooled down' a bit with Mandragore
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

ORGANZA by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a darling perfume friend, testing:

Creed Ambre Cannelle
    Fragrance description: a warm and spicy blend of ambergris and cinnamon. This sounds about right to me, pretty much equal parts ambergris and cinnamon. Lovely on this dark and dreary day.

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wearing Cuir de Lancome from last night, as I write...
    How it clings, post sleep.

Will wear it again today.
    We're busy trying to ready for D.C friends' arrival on Tuesday...
    Such a tiny place we have- and crowded, to boot !
    Still, it should be fun...

Making chili and latkes, for Chanukah tonight !
    Happy Holidays, my dears ..
    MWAH !

Winter Star for the first day of Winter.

Sotd is L'heure bleue parfum.
    Tomorrow morning I'll leave for my mom's place.It was hard to decide on which scents t bring,but finally decided that I needed a full bottle of Musc Ravageur and Madame X parfum. Decants of L'heure bleue,Czech & Speake # 88 and Feminite du bois.Probabl silly,but can't just use one scent for a whole week! Have a great day all and Merry Christmas if I don't log in at my mom's.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 21st December 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Guerlain Mitsouko

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Winter has begun with an icy wrath here in the midwest...it's 6 degrees below zero - farenheit - not taking into account the bitter wind chill.

31 Rue Cambon today! This modern chypre is an early Christmas gift/treasure, and I will revel in it's glory throughout this frigid day. Some have said they "can't smell it", and I kind of get the same impression. 31RC opens with such mild and smooth notes, it almost seems to melt into the wearers own skin...but give it some time to evolve, it actually becomes more obvious as time passes. It blooms, that's what it does, incredible! Stay warm everyone!

Happy Chanukah to everyone celebrating!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 21st December 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate as the first candle gets lit tonight.
    I like it when the two seasonal holidays overlap like this year.
    It is reassuring to see a lit menorah in one window on our street and a tricked out christmas tree in the window next door
    As suggested by inees in the Pick my SotD thread on the Off Topic board I am wearing:

Dior Homme

This is a shining example of a designer fragrance done right. Olivier Polge has creted a men's floral for men who probably think they can't wear florals. It just might be the gateway drug to more florals for some of them. I know this was my first experience with iris and from there I've spent a lot of last year trying many different iris scents.

Have a Super Sunday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'eau de L'Artisan as SotD. High 70s again here today. Winter cold is something we see on CNN these days.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Snagged a bottle of YSL "Y" at a mall kiosk yesterday. Judging from the box it's relatively new. Reformulated? Perhaps. Lovely, powdery moss with some rose playing hide & seek. Wish the aldehyde opening lasted a bit longer. The moss is very soft & so powdery at times that I would swear there was some violet luking about.

I adore Rive Gauche with its aldehydes and metallic edge that takes the chypre & rose out of a stereotypical "older" generation realm, but I definitely get a relationship. If RG was loose hair, leather, and the perfect jeans, then "Y" is the woman she became.
    ************************************************** ****************************
    I truly believe that with a cape & the right tiara I could save the world.

I am wearing Ta'if and sipping tea, will stop to make chocolate mousse, and then off to Pilates. I so enjoy my Pilates classes: the visualization, the self-challenge, the hard work, and the one hour when my mind can't wander off into dark areas in which I'd rather not be.

I thought Murray & Lanman's Florida Water had no staying power, but at the end of the day yesterday, I noticed that my arm did still smell of ginger snap.

So, I'll give it another go today.

Amarige

J.Lo LIVE

Ava Luxe Vintage Rose for me today. It's all I have packed in my suitcase at my bf's place.
    What a nasty, bitter cold, windy day here in NW Indiana. Brrrr. Stay warm, everyone!

Snow again.
    OK, I had enough.
    FLA sounds lovely.
    IND, is this weather normal for you?

Sharing the house with a few others here... SL Chergui.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Wearing Montana Parfum D'Elle today. Wanting a spicy chypre today

Eventually, I found it:

Czech&Speake

Dark Rose

Just delightful and reminiscent of a lighter version of Montale's oud-rose perfumes....

Have a lovely Sunday, all, and stay warm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Ava Luxe's Cashmere Musk from a sample. It's a very soft, comforting scent. Has a worn in feel like a vintage sweater. I like it but I'm not sure it's a must have.....

CsP Vanille Cannelle or something ( all those names, too many)

I walked into the bedroom wearing it and my boyfrind thought I smelled very christmassy

I went shopping and caught 2 hours of daylight, I really missed it working in the office during daylight hours.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Morning Star

Morning: Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
    Afternoon: Profumum Acqua di Sale
    Evening: Yves Saint Laurent Kouros

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

The Sunday newspaper contained a strip of Chanel No. 5 Premiere--that went on the left arm.

Thinking about Chanel, I put a dab of Bel Respiro on my right arm.

Having seen petruccijc's post, I put a drop of Pomegranate Noir on a right-hand knuckle.

Sniffing all of these, I wanted to check against another scent, so Yves Rocher Iris Noir went on a left-hand knuckle.

Then I read a few pages from The Perfect Scent while sniffing back and forth between all of these wonderful fragrances, and I nodded off to sleep in the living room where DH and DD were both reading (he's reading from Helen Keller; she's reading one from the Harry Potter series).

When I awoke, DH and I began talking about cartoon shows from the 1950s/1960s, and we ended up online listening to the theme songs from: Casper the Friendly Ghost, Magilla Gorilla, Wally Gator, Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Ricochet Rabbit, Touché Turtle, Ruff and Ready, Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har, El Kabong, and, one of my faves, Top Cat. Last night we watched some Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    We're so fortunate to enjoy the comforts, sights, sounds and smells contained in this one room. I wish you all equal pleasures and good health. :wave: HAPPY SOLSTICE!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hermès Un Jardin Sur la Nil --using a sample. I do like it but I wish the green mango lasted longer. I don't foresee a full bottle purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    Snow again.
    OK, I had enough.
    FLA sounds lovely.
    IND, is this weather normal for you?
    There is no "normal" here in Indiana...but we usually don't expect this severe of cold until late January or February. With that being said, I do remember some extreme Decembers past!
    Yes, Florida does sound lovely!

Tested Dior Addict 2 today. Strong opening of grapefruit but then dry down was so-so. It's OK but not a wow. Have also been wearing Chantecaille Tiare for the past two days and am very pleased that it wears a lot better on me now than ever before. Body chemistry or perception? Teetering on the edge of a blind buy of Ormond Jayne's Frangipane and reasoning that because I have resisted many other scents so well this year that one little blind buy would be OK. I need to be persuaded against this!

Testing today, and I am not in a very gracious mood....

Bulgari Black--latex rubber, sweet artificial vanilla, a little bit of tea, mostly a synthetic headache inducing cocktail. This idea is better expressed in Kenzo Amour.

YSL Opium--smelled really "old" on first application, but is settling down. Has a bit of perfumy peach, and smells like scented hand lotion that has gone bad. I also smell sulfur and burning rubber.

Divine Divine--smells even MORE like bad hand cream than Opium, but fortunately has a bit of fresh floral that may save it.

Dior Diorama (reissued EDT)--the best of the lot, smells like caramelized overripe peaches, actually is quite yummy. It seems less floral and more fruity than its sister Diorella.

Jicky for me today - I never wear this since I've only had tiny precious samples, but I've been reading about the formulation lately and needed a reality check. The base of Jicky is such a wonderful iteration of sensual skin.

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008 View Post
    ... Teetering on the edge of a blind buy of Ormond Jayne's Frangipane and reasoning that because I have resisted many other scents so well this year that one little blind buy would be OK. I need to be persuaded against this!
    You'll find no such persuasion here!

Not even wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie can make me feel fine today. I'm utterly exhausted, in need of a holiday!

Off to a holiday open house, and then to light candles! (Chaya, can I have some of your latkes?)

SotD: Cristobal

For the stats, yesterday I wore Cabaret and Amoureuse.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Aquolina • PINK SUGAR

The original Comme des Garcons for me today.

Drydown comments for the things I am testing today...

Bulgari Black--same drydown as Kenzo Vintage Edition Peace. Same perfumer, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

YSL Opium--finally to the drydown, and it is gorgeous...creamy, spicy, exotic floral and resins. Why oh why did I have to go through such an assault to get to this?

Divine Divine--ok, it is pretty, but it smells like a high class Puffs brand tissue.

Dior Diorama--turned peppery with a touch of clove, dark floral with fleeting fruit. Gorgeous, but as an EDT has short longevity.

Encens et Lavande all over and a tiny drop of Jicky extrait on the neck.

Beautiful serenity.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm giving a full-on test wear of Molinard Les Senteurs Musc. This was a blind buy earlier this month. I can't pick out the individual notes, but the overall effect is dry, woody musk with a touch of fruit that makes it slightly sweet, but not powdery the way some sweet musks can become.

Quarry, my son made a trivia game of TV theme songs that everyone loves to play when they visit at our house. I think I might suggest a cartoon version thanks to your idea!

Happy Chanukah to everyone celebrating!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    Aquolina • PINK SUGAR
    Guys???!!! In CONNECTICUT!!! Wear this???!!!

There is a God!!

But for me it's berries 'n' banana's 'n' jasmine....

Two sighs on the Sigh-O-Meter (out of three)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Quarry, my son made a trivia game of TV theme songs that everyone loves to play when they visit at our house. I think I might suggest a cartoon version thanks to your idea!
    Warning, Shades: previously retired portions of your brain will be reactivated.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Shoveled snow for an hour. Sweated off the EL Private Collection I started my day in. Off to take a and sulk about the weather that is threatening to spoil my entire Christmas break.

Oh -- have a great Sunday, all!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm tired of shovelling! We had about 8 inches yesterday and another 3-4" today so my arms and back are feeling it. We do have a snowblower (thank goodness!) but there are always parts you have to do by hand.

My cat is desperately bored indoors! Poor little guy.

Dans Tes Bras
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Pulled out my two Bond No. 9 samples this afternoon...

On the left wrist: WEST SIDE
    It's just awful on me. Disappointing, because all the listed notes are things I like.

On the right wrist: CHINATOWN
    Reminds me of a spiced sugar cookie. A giant one, decorated in baroque style.

Apologies to those who like these. I guess they're not my style! I'm going to scrub off the West Side, but I can see Chinatown drying down to something appealing. Maybe!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Beyond Paradise for Men as SotE. 72 F here at 8:00 PM. Winter, where lay thy sting?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Started off in L'Artisan Ambre Extreme for Christmas shopping and tree trimming, but decided I wanted something more Christmas-sy (woods and spices), so switched to Bulgara Omnia. Perfect!

Hello everyone! I wasn't online for awhile due to being so busy with lots of things, but I just read through the Dec 19th thread... THANK YOU everyone for the kind birthday wishes! I was really feeling the love while reading through everything, and absolutely ADORE all the gorgeous cakes! Hope you don't mind if I sneak a late slice of each one... yummy....! For my birthday, I wore a scent that I'm lusting after a full bottle: it's a sample from the wonderful Musse...

SL Datura Noir... love, love, love this scent... I'm sure it will be mine soon enough!

As for this Sunday, just a pleasant day of market shopping and coffee with good friends! Midnight Fantasy before my morning shower, and Marc Jacobs Daisy for after.

Wish a fabulous day to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired of shovelling! We had about 8 inches yesterday and another 3-4" today so my arms and back are feeling it. We do have a snowblower (thank goodness!) but there are always parts you have to do by hand.

My cat is desperately bored indoors! Poor little guy.
    Poor kitty.

Basenotes Institution

SOTE Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk - from my sample - beautiful !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

SotE: YSL Elle. Again.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

It looks like we may have a white Christmas! 14'' of snow and growing We never get snow for Christmas here, and it reminds of the winter when I was a kid and we went to Nebraska to see my Dad's family. Anyhoo, pull out my oldie but a goodie,,,,, Red Door!

Romance Silver by RL.
    Gary

SotE...I was decanting some samples, and pulled out my Estee Lauder Knowing. It is now my SotE

Is it possible to have a rose chypre? I am sure that is how this frag is classified, but it seems contradictory. Knowing is so mossy and green, yet has sharp and spicy rose notes. I am very aware of this after wearing Rosine Rose Kashmirie yesterday...but Knowing is far more green, almost bitter, especially in the starting phase. Beautiful!
    Last edited by Asha; 22nd December 2008 at 04:00 AM.

Aquolina • BLUE SUGAR

SotD was zilch, except whatever Chanel Coco Mademoiselle was left on my scarf from yesterday.
    SotEvening (late), is a little Tocade to lift my spirits. Only a little due to husband's cold (he requested I abstain from scent today), but I dearly needed it. Just a half spray...

On the left wrist - BVLGARI Black
    On the right wrist - Amouage (Lyric)

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    SotE...I was decanting some samples, and pulled out my Estee Lauder Knowing. It is now my SotE

Is it possible to have a rose chypre? I am sure that is how this frag is classified, but it seems contradictory. Knowing is so mossy and green, yet has sharp and spicy rose notes. I am very aware of this after wearing Rosine Rose Kashmirie yesterday...but Knowing is far more green, almost bitter, especially in the starting phase. Beautiful!
    The other night I felt like experimenting and hit my lover with two shots of Knowing straight to the armpits. The effect was absolutely wonderful. Knowing is hardly a comfort scent, but it'll always be a great American classic.