Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge Habit de Métal

So I'm researching Guerlain fragrances online, trying to find ones I would like to try out and trying to find some info on where to obtain bee bottles (that's coming up), and I come upon Habit Rouge and then Habit Rouge Habit de Métal. I've never heard of the latter one before and it isn't listed in the directory here on BN. Does anyone have any info on it? If I am correct I think it was a limited edition of Habit Rouge but was it the same juice, just in a different bottle? Any info would be great.

The second question, was about bee bottles. I think they are absolutely beautiful, and would be the centerpiece of almost any collection, but I can't find too much info online about them(perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place). Even ebay doesn't have many of them. I'm just curious where one goes to buy them and the sizes/scents they are available in. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 21st December 2008 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: Habit Rouge Habit de Métal

There are a few empty bee bottles available on www.ebay.fr search for Guerlain ancien...

Full white and gold Bee bottles are available from Guerlain direct

Habit rouge metal infos here http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/3521478.html
    Last edited by Pour_Monsieur; 21st December 2008 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    There are a few empty bee bottles available on www.ebay.fr search for Guerlain ancien...

Full white and gold Bee bottles are available from Guerlain direct

Habit rouge metal infos here http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/3521478.html
    Hmmmm, I didn't see anything on the french ebay site, Ill keep my eyes on it though. And thank you for the link on the Habit Rouge flanker. I'm surprised, with as much love as Guerlain gets on this site that it isn't mentioned.

It's been mentioned several times. Here's a link to a small thread but more importantly, it has a link to Mr. Guerlain's blog which is awesome. In a nutshell, it's the same juice, different bottle.

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...uge+de+M%E9tal

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    It's been mentioned several times. Here's a link to a small thread but more importantly, it has a link to Mr. Guerlain's blog which is awesome. In a nutshell, it's the same juice, different bottle.

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...uge+de+M%E9tal
    Aha, thank you very much. Must have slipped through the cracks! I've read the boards religously for almost a year now and never saw it mentioned.

I would love to find the Habit Rouge Metal version here in the states.

Here's a tip for any/all Guerlain fans - I wrote to Guerlain via email and requested a catalog. Although it's dated Feb 08 and therefore doesn't contain some the the most recent limited-edition fragrances (i.e. the Elixir Charnels), it has the complete line up of fragrances, sizes, concentrations and what is available in what either clear or gold bee bottles (and the prices). Basically, anything Guerlain makes from the Aqua Allegorias to the parfums to the exclusives can be ordered in bee bottles (there are some restrictions on what fragrances can be put in what size and style bottles). The prices go up to over 4000 Euros per bottle! The catalog is a great resource.

BTW, the last bee bottle on eBay in the US I know of was a sealed 500ml gold-bee of Imperiale. I regret not bidding on it as it sold for only $200, and to purchase it new today would have been around $800.

I was looking at the sephora.fr website and they have 500ml bee bottles of Habit Rouge and Vetiver for 189 Euros (about $260). That seems more reasonable then going through the Guerlain boutique. Am I missing something? They probably don't ship to the US but it might be something to pick up if you are in France.

That's surprisingly cheap, yes! It's almost like Guerlain's own prices two years ago. Link: http://www.sephora.fr/browse/product...dPaginate=true

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I was looking at the sephora.fr website and they have 500ml bee bottles of Habit Rouge and Vetiver for 189 Euros (about $260). That seems more reasonable then going through the Guerlain boutique. Am I missing something? They probably don't ship to the US but it might be something to pick up if you are in France.

I hopefully will be there next year and will try to pick up one or two! Vetiver is my overall favorite.