Code of Conduct

Default Varvatos Vintage

Glad to be back on Basenotes. Been away for a while.

I recently purchased The One by D&G and got a bag full of samples. One of them was Varvatos original and Vintage by Varvatos.

Put Vintage on today on the neck and wrist and IMMEDIATELY smelled MICHAEL for Men by Kors!!! Anyone find the similarity as well? The Tobacco and the Suede and the berries are almost IDENTICAL to Michael. See for yourself if you havent already. Vintage seems like a mimic updated version of Michael. Definately a colgne for Winter and Fall months, Vintage is 'Plummy-sweet and tobacco suede, like cherry pipe tobacco.

Not one for Tobacco in my cologne but when its hidden a bit in the middle notes or top notes and fades away I'm game. D&G original has it in it I believe, dont like it, then The One came out, its good.

Anyone else find the Michael/Vintage connection?
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Default Re: Varvatos Vintage

I get more of a marinated meat quality from VV. When I sampled MfM a while back, I got blasted by tobacco for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I get more of a marinated meat quality from VV.
    That sounds delicious !

lmao...marinated meat. Michael for men...definately a HUGE blast of Pipe Cherry Tobacco, I just automatically smelled it in Vintage, wonder if these pro's on the site smell it as well.

marinated meat...thats interesting. The Original Varvatos is the safest bet, I see some people smelling both ang going for the original right off the bat.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

VV is an awesome fragrance, wild evolution and outstanding complexity. Every time I wear it, my appreciation for it just grows even more. I do not find the rhubarb as foody as many other BNers (definitely not like marinated meat) and the sweet suede qualities are elegant and very smooth. 5 Stars.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    VV is an awesome fragrance, wild evolution and outstanding complexity. Every time I wear it, my appreciation for it just grows even more. I do not find the rhubarb as foody as many other BNers (definitely not like marinated meat) and the sweet suede qualities are elegant and very smooth. 5 Stars.
    agreed. sweet suede yum yum.

I'll check this out but MfM is outeffinstanding. VV may be simliar, but Michael wins out on originality and price.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Sur la Plage

I personally do not see the similarities - and IMO, Michael for Men is a much better fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I get more of a marinated meat quality from VV. When I sampled MfM a while back, I got blasted by tobacco for an hour or so.
    Maybe that was the prequel to the new Burger King frag.