Code of Conduct

Default Duty Free at LAX (Los Angeles Int'l Airport)

Good morning everyone. My g/f will be flying international in a few weeks out of LAX. She asked me what i want from duty free in terms of colognes. Is anyone familiar with what they have at the duty free shops at LAX? Also, if you are flying this holiday season and pass through duty free at LAX please keep your eyes out and let me know. Thanks!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Duty Free at LAX (Los Angeles Int'l Airport)

Egoiste by Chanel comes top mind immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Egoiste by Chanel comes top mind immediately.
    Good call Mike, that is one I have wanted for a while and we are both big fans of Chanel.

Maybe keep an eye out for Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir - that was available in different duty free stores and not sold in the U.S.

Sadly, the LAX duty free is awful. Where is she flying too? The Duty free in that country would be a better bet I'd say (unless it was Mexico),

- Al

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Sadly, the LAX duty free is awful. Where is she flying too? The Duty free in that country would be a better bet I'd say (unless it was Mexico),

- Al
    She is going back to the Philippines for a few weeks to see her family in Cebu.

Every Terminal that has international flights has their own Duty Free shop at LAX. I always fly Delta and there's isn't bad. I can imagine that the Terminal for Air France would have the best selection, as is the case for JFK.

I'll be flying into LAX in a month. Has the duty free scene gotten any better?

Nope, duty free are LAX still sucks.

In one of the Delta terminals I got the duty free lady to give me a good sample sprayer of Egoiste Platinum. Nice way to try a sample and I enjoyed it on my 5 hour flight with some to spare when I got home.

I found Egoiste there a few years ago. Recently saw DHI and Habit Rouge Sport at duty free in San Antonio. Take a look, report back. Flying through LAX in July. I personally love hitting duty free shops. Air travel can be distinctly miserable these days. Anything you can do to make it a little more bearable is certainly welcome. Only rule: tiniest sample spray only, please. Don't annoy other passengers with your fragrance obsession. I always take a sample onboad anyway, as self defense against other passengers who bring aboard smelly food, or other unspeakable airline odors.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    I found Egoiste there a few years ago. Recently saw DHI and Habit Rouge Sport at duty free in San Antonio. Take a look, report back. Flying through LAX in July. I personally love hitting duty free shops. Air travel can be distinctly miserable these days. Anything you can do to make it a little more bearable is certainly welcome. Only rule: tiniest sample spray only, please. Don't annoy other passengers with your fragrance obsession. I always take a sample onboad anyway, as self defense against other passengers who bring aboard smelly food, or other unspeakable airline odors.
    Do you mean you spray a lot on you to cover up the odors or something else?

I can't really remember anything extraordinary. It might be a stretch, but the Luckyscent Scentbar is in LA if you consider that an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    I can't really remember anything extraordinary. It might be a stretch, but the Luckyscent Scentbar is in LA if you consider that an option.
    Yep. I plan on swinging by there if we get the time.