Code of Conduct

Thread: NFL Cologne

Default NFL Cologne

Sears was having a 30% off all Fragrance Gift Sets on Saturday so I decided to go in and check it out. The only thing that caught my eye (I'm afraid) was an NFL Travel Gift Set. For roughly $13 after discount, I decided to grab one.

The scent is quite nice...not what I expected at all. It reminds me of a more sweeter/"candier" version of Giorgio for Men. As it dries down it becomes even more similar to Giorgio. The included bottle is only 1 ounce, along with a scented soap, deodorant stick, and lip balm. Since I am only interested in the cologne and the soap, it barely made my budget allowance for such a thing (read: atrac's cheap!).

I'm curious to know if this is the same NFL scent that was discontinued. The fragrance directory lists it as being by Shiara, but the box for this indicates Boom! LLC. The Sears website lists the top notes as bergamot, tarragon and basil with a dry down of cedarwood, patchouli, moss and musk.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07424304000P

I looked up Boom! on the internet and was surprised to see they are "behind" the Abercrombie and Hollister fragrances.

http://www.boomllc.com/boom_content.html

I say "behind" because I can't quite figure out if Boom! is just a "brander" or if they actually formulate/create fragrances (they also list PacSun and I was certain that the company who created their fragrances is Revelations Perfume).

They are also behind the Wrangler cologne (which I happen to like), and it all made sense because when I was at K-Mart they had a similar NFL travel case bundle, but it included Wranger cologne instead of the NFL Cologne.

Anyway, if you are a fan of Giorgio for Men (the scent that was recently re-released and was supposed to be available everywhere in discount stores -- I have only seen it once), you may want to check this one out as a variant. As always though, try to test before you buy -- what smells like X to me could be Y to you! Hopefully someone has opened one up at your store already!
    Last edited by atrac; 24th December 2008 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: NFL Cologne

Fascinating link, atrac. Hey, you're not cheap - you're like me - you love finding diamonds in the rough. Thanks to you, I actually tested McGraw, which I turned out to actually like (shhhhh).

Did you notice that the guy behind Boom! is a former exec with The Limited's marketing arm, i.e., Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works? Etc., etc.? That whole empire has been doing a bang-up business in our part of the world this Christmas. The lines in B&BW are damn near out the door. And Boom! handles Ruehl no.925, too. Yeah, they're doing Hannah Montana, Disney, and NFL. But hey - if the juice smells, good, wear it.

I wore Wings today and realized that NFL Cologne smells more like a weaker version of IT, not so much the previously mentioned Giorgio for Men.

Well, they were both originally by Giorgio Beverly Hills, so I guess that may have something to do with it.

I guess I never realized that Wings reminds me of a sweeter/candier version of Giorgio for Men I suppose!

When I was in Sears I noticed the NFL sets were pretty much gone (and they previously had a ton!). I guess they were pretty popular.

This juice is the definition of ambiguity and vagueness.

Mmm, I was expecting NFL cologne to have notes of pigskin, locker room funk and Chunky Chicken Noodle soup accords. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post
    This juice is the definition of ambiguity and vagueness.
    and pretty awful IMO.

Don't know if your ever tried the Mustang fragrances but their made by Estee Lauder. The original one (yellow juice) is pretty damn good. The Mustang Blue smells exactly like Irish Spring soap. The Everlast brand of fragrances is also rather good.