Code of Conduct

Default Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

I've smelled and wore GIT, MI and SMW. My mom wants to buy me a cologne and told her Creed is good, and I'm surprised she found a store that sells them but asked me which one (they carry many, including those I listed). I'm still not sure which one to get--all of the ones I've previously said smell good equally. Any thoughts? Should I pick one of those three or go for a new one? Thanks.

Default Re: Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

SMW is my fav of those. You should check out Himalaya though.

I like Himalaya and SMW those are my favorite out of Creed right now

You can also try Virgin Island Water and i also second the Himalaya suggestions.

Himalaya..

I would go for SMW, it got me nice comments, and was the only one I liked from your list. However, GIT is probably the safest choice, as it is the most popular Creed for men.

Unless money isn't a big deal for you, make sure she buys it from a discount online store, like beautyencounter.com, perfume.com or others. Otherwise, it will cost an extra 150$ for nothing. They are the same, as long as you don't buy it from a fishy place like some Ebay stores.

My favorite Creeds for men personally are Original Vetiver, Orance Spice (harder to like, shares some aspects of Kouros) and Bois de Cedrat (citrusy).

I'd get SMW.....However I suggest you try as many of them as you can, on your skin and then see it for yourself which one suits you the most.....No point splurging cash and then getting something that disappears in an hour or two....

Of the three you have tried - pick the one you liked most. That way you know you will like it. Then you can test some others and maybe get them later. But don't choose one you have never smelled.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

If I had to choose, I'd choose Himalaya. 2nd spot goes to SMW.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Cool Re: Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

Go for a new one: HIMALAYA.

It's a bit like SMW only . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Thumbs up Re: Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

The best, IMO, GREEN IRISH TWEED
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I have samples of Himalaya and SMW and find SMW much nicer. Himalaya smells too close to XS (close, not exact) to warrant the 300% increased price.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 23rd December 2008 at 09:37 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Pick whatever you like best. And don't pick anything without trying it first.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Of the three you have tried - pick the one you liked most. That way you know you will like it. Then you can test some others and maybe get them later. But don't choose one you have never smelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Pick whatever you like best. And don't pick anything without trying it first.
    That is good advice - don't buy an expensive fragrance without trying it first.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

SMW has merits for uniqueness. Acier Aluminum has merits for awesomeness. Still, choosing your fragrances should not be left out to the popular vote.

This should be a decision of a tyrannic nature. Get what you, and only you want, specially when it is a gift.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I honestly don't like any of those three you listed. Just pick one you like the most.

Also, whatever store your mother saw Creed at I recommend making sure it's an official Creed seller and not a discount store. You never know if you're getting a fake or old stuff or not.

Green Irish Tweed. There's a very good reason that it's Creed's biggest seller. Of the three you're considering, I'd put SMW second. If your mom's going to buy you one, I'd trek out to the store and sample a few more, though, before making a decision. They're pretty expensive and you want to select wisely. Although I'm not usually one to make a big deal about age, if you're very young (mid 20's or younger) you might have trouble pulling off some of the great ones, like Bois du Portugal for example.

Thumbs down Re: Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    My mom wants to buy me a cologne and told her Creed is good
    There's your mistake! A priori Creed is no better a choice than any other brand; it just costs more than most. I don't know how much this matters to you since it's your mom's money at stake.

Overpricing aside, the Creeds I like best are Original Vetiver, Orange Spice, Royal English Leather, and Acier Aluminum. The three mentioned in the original post have different problems for me: Millesime Imperial is nice but doesn't last; Silver Mountain Water is too faint and uninteresting; Green Irish Tweed is historically significant but I don't like it any better than Cool Water and the hordes of variations on that theme released throughout the 1990s and beyond.

you should try Creed Erolfa. It is light, and great. It is also fantastic for a young man. On fragrancenet, an 8.4 oz bottle it going for 150 bucks. That is an awesome deal!
    Last edited by Maz24; 23rd December 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Which Creed fragrance should I buy?

I'd try Royal Delight or BdP (Bois de Portugal.)

i own GIT,SMW and Himalaya and to me it's a toss up between SMW and Himalaya. GIT to me is WAYY OVERATED!!

I would like SMW on a women... I think it's horrible for men, disappointing that so many people here seem to love this sh*t
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Morning Star

The only Creed I own is Bois du Portugal, which I love. Others that I actively consider buying are: Original Santal and "Vintage" Tabaróme. Aside from that, I toy with the thought of buying Himalaya, Silver Mountain Water, and Epicéa.

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    I would like SMW on a women... I think it's horrible for men, disappointing that so many people here seem to love this sh*t
    I agree, SMW-alone, I could not wear, as I find it too feminine. However, I have come around to it, when mixed with other scents.

And I would recommend GIT, it is the only creed that is never out of place.
    Himalaya comes close, but in hot weather doesn't do well.
    MI is non-existent in cold weather, great for hot weather.
    GIT is perfect casual or formal, spring, summer, winter, fall.

I bought my first Creed last week and the one I choosed is Bois du Portugal .Have a great feeling about it.
    I also liked Himalaya but BdP is a different one,I can imagine that younger persons call this one ,,old".
    No problem for me because I am born in the year they found out Canel PM(1955) wich one I dont like anymore,but thats another story.
    Last edited by sniff; 24th December 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Of the three that you mentioned (if it has to be one of those three), I think that GIT or MI are the best bets; I quite enjoy both of them. For some reason, I've never been able to really get into SMW. As a number of others have said, Himalaya is also a great fresh fragrance.

However, that being said, I would recommend maybe asking her to get one of the older ones for you: Bois du Portugal, Acier Aluminium, Vintage Tabarome, Epicea, Baie de Genievre, and Royal English Leather are my real favorites from Creed. But ultimately, it really depends on your tastes. These older Creeds are generally more potent and mature than the modern Creeds, so you should attempt to sample them and wear each of them for a few days before settling on one.

I think the one with the most appeal to anyone under 30 might be SMW, otherwise the two bankers would be GIT and DdP.