Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Heritage After Shave by Guerlain

I'm not talking about the Heritage After Shave balm, the milky lotion-type usually seen in Heritage gift sets.

I'm talking about the clear liquid one, probably in production years ago. Anyone smelled it?

I'm hoping it might be an Eau de Cologne strength version of Heritage, which might wear lighter and I might enjoy when I don't want to invest in the EdT and it's insane diffusion/longevity/sillage. I like the EdT, but I find that I really have to be in the mood for it, to wear it. Same goes for the EdP which I used to have a decant of.

So, anyone actually smell this juice?

Default Re: Heritage After Shave by Guerlain

Haven't smelled, but I'm with ya, gotta be in the mood for this monster-projector!

I have it and it comes in the original bottle*. The box was pretty beaten up when I got it, but there was no other indicator of how old it is. I like to use it when I shave the back of my neck. The top notes are similar but the base notes do not evolve as well in the AS. Longevity is good, 4 hours or so, but I am not sure sure about its sillage. I do not know what else to tell you as I have never given it a full proper wearing.

*That bottle http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120772.html
    Last edited by irish; 24th December 2008 at 02:59 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I bought a splash bottle of the AS via mail order, thinking it was the EdT, and never returned it. I need to wear this more often, as it's an easier wear than the EdT for reasons mentioned above.

Mike, PM me and perhaps you'll receive a belated Christmas gift...
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Basenotes Institution

Thanks guys.

I found a bottle online last night that was very affordable, so I bought it (last minute Xmas gift to myself was the justification I used ). Thanks for the kind offer Snafoo.

I have a feeling, I will like it based on Irish's and your comments. I really do enjoy the Eau de Cologne versions of Vetiver, Habit Rouge, Jicky, Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue that I wear also...this just seems like a no brainer. I rarely blind buy, but when I do with a Guerlain scent, I'm usually okay.

It's a splash bottle, but I'll decant it into an atomizer.