Code of Conduct

Default Properly storing cologne for maximum shelf life - no lights, no heat?

This is what I was told, now the lights...are they refering to sunlight or is house lighting even bad for coolognes over time? If so, I guess I should keep my scents in a closed cabinet or something where its dark.

Default Re: Properly storing cologne for maximum shelf life - no lights, no heat?

I am not trying to be rude, but give the search function a try because there have been many topics on this issue. I think you will find all the information you need in past threads. (also you had a thread about a Calvin Klein fragrance which was not necessary because the reviews are in the directory.) No worries though because I did the same thing a while ago but try and take a few monets to learn how to navigate BN. Best of luck and welcome!
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 24th December 2008 at 04:52 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Properly storing cologne for maximum shelf life - no lights, no heat?

Basically yes, avoid light and heat, but TheAttorney is right-- you can find lots more info on this by using the search feature for prior threads.

Post Re: Properly storing cologne for maximum shelf life - no lights, no heat?

For years I have kept my fragrances in two of my dresser drawyers. I have a half bottle of Chanel for Men from the min 70's that has lost a little off the top, but other wise is just fine.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....