Code of Conduct

Default What did you receive for Christmas?

What fragrant gifts did you get?

Me: Kenneth Cole Reaction Gift Set....Sweet! My wife and I really like this one.
    Last edited by danho; 24th December 2008 at 05:09 PM.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Default Re: What did you receive for Christmas?

Congrats with your nice gift set! We don't exchange gifts at Christmas time, we do that on December 5 to celebrate Sinterklaas' (Santa Claus' ancient ancestor ) birthday. Among other things, I received a bottle of Chanel No. 19 EDP. For Christmas, I bought myself Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver and Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: What did you receive for Christmas?

My Cristmas fragrances to myself were: Mitsouko, Jicky, Prada Homme, Apres La Mousson and Balmain Amber Gris. It is all for my inner child.

Well, I've purchased a few random things for myself this month, but what will certainly by my last purchase of the year and a real Christmas present to myself is the bottle of Homage Attar scheduled to arrive on the 31st. A very merry Christmas indeed.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I know that Jaguar for Men (original), 100ml of Alain Delon's Iquitos and a Calvin Klein miniatures collection have been bought for me. I'll be more than happy with those.
    Last edited by egrorian; 24th December 2008 at 05:58 PM.

3 days off from work !!! LOL
    I wish happy holidays to all on basenotes.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

From my wife: Antaeus by Chanel. To her: Trouble by Boucheron. Spilt some of her Amber Sultan so i owe her biiig time!

givenchy pi

A 15ml bottle of Polo Crest in top condition.

I received a Angel for men 3.4 oz Chrome Spray that was engraved with my initials.

Wow I was really impressed -

Smile Re: What did you receive for Christmas?

Two workhorse fragrances at different ends of the spectrum that I really like -

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    and
    L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All !

My best Xmas gift ever.

$50 gift card to Nordstrom that has "fragrance" written all over it. I'll have to be sure to pick something that won't end up on my for sale thread.

Nothing really, but its cool. i get stuff year round and the parents are paying for my cruise next week so i cant complain lol but i'm yet to leave the house soooo theres still hope lol
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I received 4 and have one more on the way.
    My Wife really spoils me every year and this year is no different.
    1. Cannabis Santal by fresh
    2. Roadster by Cartier
    3. Tea for Two by L'Artisan
    4. Smiley EdP
    I also will receive D&G The One......A Very Merry Fragrant Christmas for sure.
    Gary

I don't allow people to buy me frags. If I don't tell them what to get me, I'm too picky to get blind gifts, and I wanted to get Green Valley but knowing my rents I would get one from ebay or something. So I got a bunch of gift cards and Lalique Encre Noir, Penhaligons Castile, and Green Valley shall be mine within the coming weeks. YAY! Merry Christmas everyone!

People don't buy me frags either they're all a bit too scared too lol.

I got some money, so I am going to treat myself to either a bottle of Santos by Cartier or Eau des Beaux by L'Occitane, both of which are very classy elegant frags.

Happy Xmas everyone!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

From my fiance L'Homme by YSL , I'm nutty for this one. Its almost my perfect scent.

From my uncle (who knows I love frags and work as a SA)

I got a can of Tag and a small can of Axe.

I'm not kidding haha.

Blog Entries

Great gifts, everyone! Even 3 days off is wonderful! And as for Tag & Axe - hey, it's the thought, right?

We are having a super-scented Christmas, here in Outer Cowtown.

Ambience is being provided by a Slatkin & Co. Fir Balsam scented candle.

My wife got L'Instant de Guerlain, Guerlain Météorites, a Marc Jacobs Daisy solid perfume necklace, and (drumroll) Les Floralies by Creed. She also got a tall crystal perfume bottle w/ applicator to go with L'Instant.

I got Tiffany For Men, and two minis from Banana Republic - Cordovan and Classic.

My son got Hugo Boss Pure - his favorite among all the samples and aftershaves he's tried.

Last but not least, I received a Macy's gift card with Infinite Possibilities.

Gifts to myself:

Ajmal Hazeez
    Asgharali Shuaa
    Asgharali Etlal
    Mauboussin Homme EDP
    Givenchy Xeryus
    (the older bottling, not the newer release)
    Aramis Havana

Blog Entries

Hermès Ambre Narguilé! The holy grail of Christmas scents.

To prevent my wife from buying something that would be returned, I made a Luckyscent wishlist and forwarded it to her...not subtle. I know.

Anyway, I was very pleased. I received: Farmacita SS Anunziata del 1561 Chia and some TPC decants that still haven't arrived but should soon. I'm guessing but I think my wife bought me a large decant of Guerlain Apres L'Ondee parfum and a sample of Guerlain Djedi.

I posted this earlier, but my gift to self was Guerlain (Les Elixirs Charnels) Oriental Brulent

Gifts to myself:

Vetiver Hombre
    LV Vetiver
    LV Musk
    Prada Infusion D'Homme
    Last edited by FlyingLotus; 25th December 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Well, I was going to buy Alt Innsbruck tobacco cologne for myself, but my wife did it for me, with a pledge of greater tolerance towards my fragrance obsession (the latter part was a particularly nice gift). I got myself SL Borneo 1834 and SMN Acqua di Cuba - oh, and a pair of English-made antique leather full brogues from Barker's .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Thumbs up Re: What did you receive for Christmas?

A Bottle of Polo Modern Reserve.
    I-POD Nano
    Caribou Coffee Gift Card.

Wanted L'Homme by YSL

Got Burberry Brit, with shower gel and balm, and wearing it today. If they like it, cool. If not, going back tomorrow and getting YSL

Curve Kicks for Men... unfortunately I don't like it. It's got a mint vibe that I don't care for

Though I'm surprised and appreciative that my mother attempted! I didn't even think she'd get me something let alone something I hadn't tried yet. I can at least return it to get something else.

As far as Frags, nothing from anyone. I'm going to Blue Mercury on Saturday to pick up a bottle of Dzing! I was just at the zoo a week ago and the elephant area certainly was redolent with many Dzing notes.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Lots of stuff, but no scents, except from myself. I'm expecting to pick up a couple of Guerlains that I ordered to be ready tomorrow: Rose Barbare from the L'Art et la Matière series, and Gourmand Coquin from the Les Elixirs Charnels series. I already have some of the others from both series, so I'm kind of on the way to completing the set —at least the ones I'm interested in...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Basenotes Plus

M7 from my boyfriend
    Acier Aluminium from my dad
    Mugler Cologne from my grandmother

Oh and Perfumes The Guide from my brother
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 25th December 2008 at 10:11 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Two of the Original Polo Gift Sets. The ones with 4oz EDT Spray, 3.4oz After Shave Balm, and Deodorant. In perhaps one of the greatest deals ever, my mom found them for $12 apiece at either Belk or Dillards(I forgot which one). The box design had been discontinued, so major markdown.

I didn't receive anything; nobody ever thinks to give me fragrances. I did, however, take adavantage of an Amazon $10 off deal and gifted myself with Rive Gauche Pour Homme and Sander for Men. Haven't received them yet, though. Those coupled with the Carlos Santana I decided to get with a gift card I received (and which I am very pleased with) should make for some nice holiday goodies, I think.

I didn't get any fragrances, just books, which is actually cool because I read a lot. I did however bought Rive Gauche for my dad and a limited edition of L'Eau D'Issey for my mum. The latter is really nice, better imho than the regular L'Eau.

For myself I am gonna purchase Shalimar as soon as holiday is over. I am so glad I discovered it. It'll always be a Christmas scent for me from now on.

Guerlain Vetiver Frozen, 2.5 ounce. I haven't opened it, so if anyone wants it (swap or sale), just PM me. I already have Vetiver de Puig and like that just fine. Don't need another one.

Great : Habit Rouge EDC and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

Bad : YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme which is the vilest smelling shite I have ever had the misfortune of smelling in my life , exactly the same as 70's favourite Brut by Faberge , minging beyond belief

I am over the moon as I received one of the 200ml Les Exclusifs from Chanel - the one which I think must be up there as one of the best new fragrances of 2008 - Sycomore. My partner tells me it's the last bottle left in Australia (if the SA is to be believed!). I've got to say its one of the classiest packagings I have seen in fragrances too - from the heavy glass bottle to the black and white box to the special "Les Exclusifs" Chanel carry bag with a glittering black fabric flower magnetic snap enclosure. Bliss!
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Sur la Plage

Parfums de Nicolai Maharadjah
    Comme des Garcons 2 MAN
    Cumming the Fragrance
    Madini Olive Flowers Oil
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

From myself: Samples of L'Artisan's various hot and spicy frags (its COLD in Buffalo!)
    From Dad: Perfumes - the Guide, and The Secret of Scent (Awesome!)

Nobody ever gets me anything smelly. I don't think they understand my love of fragrance. I did pick up a bottle of Prada Amber for myself that I've been thinking about for a while and a number of samples from TPC I've been wanting to try.
    Last edited by Raist679; 26th December 2008 at 03:37 AM.

I was good this year. A bee bottle of Guerlain Derby and an engraved bell jar of Iris Silver Mist. I actually teared up a little bit. I had dropped enough hints on the Derby, but the ISM was a shock. Santa rocks!

An engraved SL Encens et Lavande from me, and an engraved SL Fleurs d'Oranger from the very kind scent spirits.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Eau de Cartier. A real surprise and the donor needed no prior prompting! God love them!

from mom:
    chanel allure
    dolce and gabbana pour homme gift set with aftershave balm and shower gel
    drakkar noir
    davidoff cool water game
    from dad:
    chanel platinum egoiste
    chanel pour monsieur concentree
    from nan:
    joop go gift set with soothing aftershave balm

amazing fragrance christmas.

My aunt got me Kenzo Power, and I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather.

My wife: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
    My aunt: Calvin Klein - Eternity

Two of my very top favs!
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garçons - Wonderwood

I received Oscar and Armani. Wasn't that sweet of them?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Davidoff Adventure
    Le 3me Homme (I was getting low, so this was a nice surprise.)
    One Man Show
    Burberry London
    Coriolan
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Nothing at all for me (I've spent years begging people not to get me gifts so this is exactly what I want), but my sister gave me a set of Amouage samples for my SO, which in effect is an anti-gift for me.

Trish McEvoy - Precious Oud.
    It really does not smell like oud, but it is a nice incense fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    An engraved SL Encens et Lavande from me, and an engraved SL Fleurs d'Oranger from the very kind scent spirits.
    Very Nice!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dior Homme Intense! Thank you Santa!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.