Code of Conduct

Default Splash on's - your favorite Aftershaves/eau de colognes

i would prefer splash on's as the feel is totally different than a spray...any favorites..? any classic drug store colognes?

we have one here by a well respected clothing brand called Raymonds...their Park Avenue line has a standard eau de cologne (100 ml for some $2) meant for scenting towels, bathing water or any similar purpose, including after shave. the composition is - bright citrus with a strong invirogating notes of herbs...done in a very live jazz or eau sauvage style..(no similarity in smell)... the quality is top notch. for $2, it's superb i must say. feels good to splash these on after a bath.....any such recommendations....? preferably not from our typical line of scents...would prefer those obscure, not so famous types..
    Last edited by jenson; 26th December 2008 at 12:57 PM.

Default Re: Splash on's - your favorite Aftershaves/eau de colognes

Parfums Berdoues 1902 Naturelle EdC... wonderful stuff, comes in a gigantic 14oz bottle, giving you enough to splash to your heart's content.

I also must profess that in the heat of summer, the dirt-cheap 4711 is not without its charms. Yes, it disappears in 15 minutes, but it's so cheap you just keep splashing...

If money were no object, PdN Cologne Sologne would be a nice one to use with abandon...
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 26th December 2008 at 12:59 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Sur la Plage

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Pinaud's Clubman, Clubman Special Reserve (seconded!) and Lilac Vegetal

Roger & Gallet's Jean Marie Farina Extra Vieille

Shulton's Old Spice
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 26th December 2008 at 01:15 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I am loving Caswell Massey's Aura of Patchouli Cologne. My wife got it for me for Christmas, and I just can't quit splashing this on! Really nice smoky/woody patchouli, but with a medicinal edge to it that keeps it very fresh. Patchouli is probably my favorite note in perrfumery, it's so great to have a patchouli fragrance that's not so heavy and overbearing. This is great stuff!
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

The three Aqua velvas, Old Spice Fraicheur and a bottle of adidas moves AS. I also prefer tumulte in AS version. Last all day long, 10 hrs or so. Is the Colgone series by CdG spashon? Unforgibable and MI should be.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

My Dior Diorama (reissue) is a splash, but I know that's not what's being asked.

In the world of traditional EdCs, my favorite is Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert, and I have a handful of 30ml splash bottles.

I've used an old bottle of Old Spice cologne as an aftershave when it was the cheapest alcoholic thing in the house... That hurt

I've got a bottle of Ice Blue Aqua Velva, it's very nice. I can't stand a common smell, tho...

Basenotes Institution

Rose Water by Santa Maria Novella is one of my favorites. And of course, Eau D'Orange Verte by Hermes.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

SMN Musk is the only splash-on i own....but i gotta say, the other day i was in a drug store, and tried out a little bit of Brut Cologne Splash on my wrist, and i loved it! LOL. actually i think it was just nostalgia of remembering my father to smell like that when i was a kid.

I've used Old Spice, Aqua Velva Orange, and Brut. Inexpensive and good.

AromiErotici

I recently got Cellini by Faberge and didn't think I'd like it. WRONG again. It is an excellent Fougere with a hint of floral, wood and leather in balance.

I was surprised at the longevity of it also.

thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread!!

of the list, Old spice is the only one which is widely avaialbe here and a one which i used to wear when younger...

i do have the concetrate orange vert and can imagine how the original would be enjoyable in a splash on format...

will definteily look into acquiring other mentioned...some seem rather in-expensive..perfecto!

Post Re: Splash on's - your favorite Aftershaves/eau de colognes

Royall Lyme of Bermuda,makes a nice splash. I especially like their Muske, old barbershop vibe goin on.
    Nothing earthshaking for sure, but very pleasant.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

as far as drug store scents go, I just like old spice or aqua velva ice blue. They're cheap, and they work.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
    +1

Excellent leather scent.

I usually like to splash on my Cologne Blanche by Dior.

For aftershave splashes...

Proraso is an excellent aftershave with a first class scent.

Blenheim Bouquet aftershave is fantastic.

But hands down the best one you're going to find is Musgo Real. The scent is not like any of the Musgo Real colognes. In fact, Musgo Real aftershave may be my most-frequently complimented scent. It has better staying power than half the fragrances I own.
    - E.J.

Perfumerías Gal, a subsidiary owned by the Spanish fragrance maker Antonio Puig, launched a spin-off of Heno de Pravia, Agua de Pravia.

It is an eau de cologne with typical hesperidic top notes, but with the addition of indolic notes in its drydown. Ingredients listed include Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) and Evernia Purpuracea (Treemoss).

Glass bottles containing 150 ml are sold for roughly USD 10 in major local drugstores.

As well as in all eaux, longevity and sillage are limited.
    Last edited by Pollux; 24th May 2009 at 08:35 PM.

My SoTD happens to be a splash-on, but a rare one - Lacoste Eau de Sport (1968) by Patou. It's nice, primarily for historical reasons, but I enjoy more Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert, Signoricci 1, Puig Vetiver, Balenciaga Ho Hang, and Spazio Krizia.

Splash On, everybody!

Jenson, I just picked up a bottle of Dior's Eau de Cologne Fraîche (vintage), which is a citrusy chypre EDC... recommended if you want an EDC with clout.

My favorite aftershaves are several of the Pinaud line including Clubman and Citrus Musk as well as Old Spice. One EDC that I enjoy is Guerlain Imperial.

Sur la Plage

I am enjoying Mont St. Michel Ambree EDC.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have a few 'splash ons' in my collection. I must say I'm liking the Brut loving going on up there in some of the earlier posts... definitely a classic splash on scent!! Brut is awesome, but the variants Brut Musk and Brut Oceans are also excellent quality and value with superb longevity.

I also recommend the cheap and cheerful Blue Stratos. Pharos by Alain Delon, and the equally superb designer scent, Hugo Boss (original) are both excellent splash ons I own.

Personally, I enjoy Lynx/Axe scents, that are also splash on, and from the current crop available, you can't go wrong with either Lynx/Axe Instinct or Africa. Cheap as chips!
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!