Code of Conduct

Default Recommendation for odour-free deo-stick?

I have always been in that interpretation that it`s right to use the same deo-stick as the EDT etc.. But if i use a odour-free, alcohol-free deo stick, i can use it together with several fragrances, and i only have to buy the EDT....It will be cheaper to use the same (odour-free) deo stick with all my fragrances!
    - But do you have a recommendation for a good one? Maby Biotherm roll-on is ok?

Default Re: Recommendation for odour-free deo-stick?

Head on over to trader joes. I use theirs and it's great.

Blog Entries

Mitchum baby, mitchum. Works well against both wetness and odor.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Tom's of Maine Unscented- they have a new one for sensitive skin that is excellent.

Hmm... i have not seen non of them here.... But what about Clarins?

hey, check out deodorant crystals. They leave a tiny layer of salt that inhibits bacterial growth. Just add water and apply. Anyways, I had mine for about 3 years now, and it has shrunk from a rubix cube size to about a zippo size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Natural-Deodoran...3A1|240%3A1318
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Mitchum fragrance-free.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

After trying many brands, I now stick (no pun intended) with Mitchum Unscented deo/anti-perspirant. It actually does contain some ethylene brassylate (a mild synthetic musc), but this doesn't interfere with any fragrance, in my experience. I don't remember now, is the brand available in Europe? they sometimes rename things for different markets.

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    hey, check out deodorant crystals. They leave a tiny layer of salt that inhibits bacterial growth. Just add water and apply. Anyways, I had mine for about 3 years now, and it has shrunk from a rubix cube size to about a zippo size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Natural-Deodorant-Rock-Crystal-4-25oz_W0QQitemZ290285008995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item290285008995&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318
    I second the crystals, unlike anti-perspirants they don't eliminate sweating (anti-perspirants clog your sweat glands while the crystals destroy the odour-causing bacteria). So with the crystals you still sweat but there's absolutely no odour, I've started using this last summer and won't go back to any other product.

These should be available in your pharmacy, I bought mine for about Cad $6, used it for about 6 months and by the looks of it it should last me at least another year or more.

I was allergic to regular Mitchum, but the gel works great for me!
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 26th December 2008 at 10:58 PM.

Mitchum didn't seem to work for me ?? but now recommend Aramis Lab Series deodorant stick - doesn't stain clothes either.
    -
    Top 7 (Feb 2009): Dior Homme (incl Intense & Cologne versions), Penhaligon's Racquets Formula, Kenzo Power, Prada Infusion d'Homme, Gendarme, Guerlain's Veiver & Habit Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Tom's of Maine Unscented- they have a new one for sensitive skin that is excellent.
    I have to back Tom's of Maine, as well. I don't like the anti-perspirant feature of Mitchum because it just makes me sweat from weird places (back, neck?).

I think the Tom's of Maine is terrible. It said unscented but it had this weird grassy smell to it mixed with something else. I used it a couple of times and tossed it out. I now use a mineral salt roll-on that can be found at health food stores. All you need to do is pour some water on it and roll on. It's fantastic and lasts all day for me. It's odorless and kills the odor when you sweat. It cost me only $6 and it will last me for a really long time. It's a bargain. Here's an example. I don't use this brand in particular but it's identical in the way it looks:

http://www.katescaringgifts.com/Merc...STAL_STICK.jpg

Edit: I now see that others have vouched for the crystals. Yep, it's truly great and I also will never go back to regular deodorant. Seriously, everyone should try it.
    Last edited by Ronin; 27th December 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Morning Star

Mitchum Clear Gel Antiperspirant Unscented

Quote Originally Posted by reneirwold878 View Post
    Mitchum baby, mitchum. Works well against both wetness and odor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Mitchum fragrance-free.
    Quote Originally Posted by fjord View Post
    After trying many brands, I now stick (no pun intended) with Mitchum Unscented deo/anti-perspirant. It actually does contain some ethylene brassylate (a mild synthetic musc), but this doesn't interfere with any fragrance, in my experience. I don't remember now, is the brand available in Europe? they sometimes rename things for different markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I was allergic to regular Mitchum, but the gel works great for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    And all this time, I thought I was unique. Unscented Mitchum for me as well!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Anthony For Men

it has a very light odor. it wears off in 15 minutes. by far the best deodorant i've ever used. $12 a pop, but well worth it. i never use anything else.

I use either of these two - both are great:

Clinique for Men
    Lab Series for Men (Aramis)

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/Natural-Deodoran...3A1|240%3A1318
    I read the description of the item and it occurred to me that it was very similar to the Geo F Trumper Block of Alum - which one is supposed to wet and apply to the face after wet shaving, or wet and apply to the face before electric shaving.

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I use either of these two - both are great:

Clinique for Men
    Lab Series for Men (Aramis)
    I think the Lab Series one is the absolute best (and costliest I've come across) whereas the Clinique one isn't as dry and has that slight stickiness about it that the Lab series one doesn't have.

I also use Mitchum Unscented.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Me too. Working great for the last 3-4 years.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I think the Lab Series one is the absolute best (and costliest I've come across) whereas the Clinique one isn't as dry and has that slight stickiness about it that the Lab series one doesn't have.

I also use Mitchum Unscented.
    Renato

Yesterday i bought the Lab series, and so far i`m very satisfied with it!

I would have to concur with the post advocating Mitchum. I have used this for years, and it is utterly devoid of any fragrance or chemical smell. It allows you to apply the delicious scents at your disposal without fear of interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I read the description of the item and it occurred to me that it was very similar to the Geo F Trumper Block of Alum - which one is supposed to wet and apply to the face after wet shaving, or wet and apply to the face before electric shaving.

Renato

Indeed they are both alum... usually potassium alum. Sometimes the crystal deodorants have an aloe component to them to keep then from being so drying with daily use.

Crystal my recommendation as well.

Another vote for: Mitchum Clear Gel Antiperspirant Unscented

Dont get the Mitchum Gel down here but we get the roll on and that works well enough - just gotta cluck your arms like a chicken for a min or so after applying it for it to dry.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

If you prefer a deodorant, and not an antiperspirant, then I would recommend Kiss My Face Active Enzyme - fragrance free.

Sharps has no smell that I can detect and sounds like it could be what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromatic View Post
    If you prefer a deodorant, and not an antiperspirant, then I would recommend Kiss My Face Active Enzyme - fragrance free.
    Funny, every time a deodorant thread comes up I've recommended Kiss MY face Active Enzyme and the silence is deafening. It's a great product that kills odor for 24 hours.

Another equally good product is Earth Science Lichen Unscented. It works in a similar manner to the Kiss My Face product.

The plain crystal works as well, but does tend to dry my skin.

The idea of clogging my pores with antiperspirants is just not appealing. And the jury is still out on the dangers of aluminum.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Whenever I need a frag-free deodorant, I always reach for Mitchum unscented. It is the best.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

A dub of rubbing alcohol in the morning (highest strength you can get, 92% works well) kills the bacteria and keeps me smell-free all day long. Very effective, evaporates in seconds, no residue left on the skin, does not stain clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Yesterday i bought the Lab series, and so far i`m very satisfied with it!
    he he.. Thanks for good recomendations, but i wrote this for some days ago now... I`m still very satisfied with it!

http://www.vitacost.com/Jason-Deodor...-Fresh-for-Men

Extremely light soap/tea/wildflower smell.