Code of Conduct

Default A treasure of vintage bottles found

So I went to this store in order to buy an old bottle of Monsieur Lanvin but the owner refused selling it to me without me trying it. So she opened the box and made me smell it... it was the driest chypre I ever smelled in my life, no longevity nor sillage.

Obviously the juice has gone bad. I felt really bad for refusing to buy it so I asked if she had old bottles of hard to find perfumes... The answer was yes: vintage Equipage, vintage Vetiver by Guerlain, vintage Vetiver by Carven, bottles of Coriolan, bottles of Open and Santal by R&G, a bottle of Lanvin pour Homme, one of Insense, Dunhill shaving foam, Jules deodorant (crap!), many of Molyneaux Glob, etc. She told me she will look for other things in the basement... plus a remark, "I think I have Pour Un Homme around" (which in the local context means a lot since Caron is not distributed Iocally). I was really appaled, I felt as a boy whose dream came true.

Ended up buying vintage Paco Rabanne (she has got like five bottles of it, incredibly different regarding the one presently sold around) and vintage Moustache.

Never have thought that a bottle of Monsieur Lanvin would be the chance for such an adventure. Besides the fact this lady really knows about fragrances. I spent nearly two hours trying and talking about perfumes with her. At the end I felt I made a friend.

AromiErotici

Default Re: A treasure of vintage bottles found

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    So I went to this store in order to buy an old bottle of Monsieur Lanvin but the owner refused selling it to me without me trying it. So she opened the box and made me smell it... it was the driest chypre I ever smelled in my life, no longevity nor sillage.

Obviously the juice has gone bad. I felt really bad for refusing to buy it so I asked if she had old bottles of hard to find perfumes... The answer was yes: vintage Equipage, vintage Vetiver by Guerlain, vintage Vetiver by Carven, bottles of Coriolan, bottles of Open and Santal by R&G, a bottle of Lanvin pour Homme, one of Insense, Dunhill shaving foam, Jules deodorant (crap!), many of Molyneaux Glob, etc. She told me she will look for other things in the basement... plus a remark, "I think I have Pour Un Homme around" (which in the local context means a lot since Caron is not distributed Iocally). I was really appaled, I felt as a boy whose dream came true.

Ended up buying vintage Paco Rabanne (she has got like five bottles of it, incredibly different regarding the one presently sold around) and vintage Moustache.

Never have thought that a bottle of Monsieur Lanvin would be the chance for such an adventure. Besides the fact this lady really knows about fragrances. I spent nearly two hours trying and talking about perfumes with her. At the end I felt I made a friend.
    Sounds like a pretty satisfying day to me bro!!! I'm sure you'll be back to pick up some more.

Indeed. As a matter of fact, it was on my way home after a day long job meeting which was full of "beware signs". So, definetely, this made it up.

Is the vintage Moustache the EdC? I have a vintage bottle of this and it's much more citrusy than today's EdT or EdT concentree (it just doesn't last as long)

WOW ! What a great find. So happy for you. Enjoy your new playground.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Is the vintage Moustache the EdC? I have a vintage bottle of this and it's much more citrusy than today's EdT or EdT concentree (it just doesn't last as long)
    No, the normal EdT. However, it lasts a lot, even though my skin "eats up" fragrances.

Great find!
    I`d love to find the same shop here... or there...

I`ve been in Rome and made the same finding. The small shop of bijoux was full of different souvenirs and crap bought from tourists (it was near the hotel) - but there were a lot of old stuff: Guerlain, Dior, Caron, Lancome etc - all bottles were from 60`s.
    I ended buying some Mitsouko and Dior-Dior vintage perfumes.
    Vetiver The Great!!!