Code of Conduct

Default Questions regarding Cool Water - Davidoff

Hello Basenoters, if you've perchance read my previous post, you will know that I'm completely new to the fragrance world and this website. I am currently in the process of choosing what is to be my first ever fragrance. I've tried out a few frags and I've cut the list to:

1) Cool Water - Davidoff
    2) Cool Water Frozen - Davidoff
    3) Polo Blue

For those of you who haven't read my last post, I am a 16 year old male of Indian descent living in the Netherlands. I'm slightly on the overweight side, and the perfume I'm looking for is meant for daily use.

Could you please help me choose from the list above. They are all refreshing scents.

Also I was wondering if the weather effects these scents, they all have a chilling, aquatic effect. I live in the Netherlands and currently the weather is absolutely freezing, the Arctic winds cut to the bone. Are refreshing scents like the ones in my list more suitable for warm or cold days? Also are they suitable for everyday use?

Thanks to all that reply!
    Abeid

Default Re: Questions regarding Cool Water - Davidoff

I can't say I've tried Cool Water Frozen or Polo Blue, so I'd go with the original Cool Water.

With regards to their use, I think Cool Water is suitable for everyday use, and probably all-year round. However, generally speaking, citrus and other "refreshing" fragrances are better suited for warm weather wear, so summer etc. For cold weather, heavier fragrances are better. These may be woody or incense-y scents. However, some people wear whatever they like, whenever they like, so it's really up to you when you wear a particular fragrance.

Hope that helps!

Would you happen to know any of the "heavier frags" that would suit me?

I guess I'll just save Cool Water for the Summer.

Yesterday was a summer day here in Chile.....I used Cool Water...Was nice, fresh, confortable.....

I felt very confident with it.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know, lol.

But my problem is that here it is very COLD!

haha

and I wanted to buy Cool Water, but if it's better suited for warm weather I can wait.