Code of Conduct

Default has anybody recieved old stock from scentedmonkey?

I'm debating about whether I should order from scentedmonkey or scentiments for my next purchase. Scentedmonkey may be cheaper but I don't wanna risk getting some old stock.

Default Re: has anybody recieved old stock from scentedmonkey?

Generally, IMO - Cheap prices + good reputation = fast-moving inventory = fresh stock

Problem is, it's difficult to know. You would have to contact the perfume manufacturer and try to get them to help you identify the bottle/juice production date from the lot/ID codes on the bottle/box (once you receive the perfume). Some manufacturers are more cooperative than others.

Personally, I've always gotten what I believe to be adequately fresh stock from them.

BigDiscount is another discounter I trust to provide fresh stock.

What makes you suspect you might get old stock from Scentmonkey and not Scentiments?
    Last edited by MadScientist; 28th December 2008 at 03:15 AM.

My first bottle of cologne was burberry touch from scented monkey where the box looked really old.

In this age of reformulations, you should be happy to get old stock...

i'm still new to this but wouldnt old stock be diminished in a way since their probably not stored properly thus the juice might change or something?

I would recommend Amazon. I've bought from them many times and never have been disappointed. Be sure you buy directly from Amazon themselves. It should say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." They also offer free super saver shipping. You can even sign up for a free month of Amazon Prime and get free 2-day shipping. Just google it or whatever. Again, be sure you're buying from Amazon themselves since other companies sell on the site that can be less than reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by randomtw View Post
    i'm still new to this but wouldnt old stock be diminished in a way since their probably not stored properly thus the juice might change or something?

All things are possible but when you visit Nordstrom's or whatever your mall hosts take a look at how they store their boxes. It's hard to imagine any retailer behaving any differently since the goal is to sell the item and not see it returned as damaged. After it sits in its drawer or case or cardboard box for a length of time unsold the lot usually gets cleared off and sold to any number of places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's. Etailers appear to get most of their items new but in any case your juice should be fine if you stick to the better known, well established vendors.

for online sites, i imagine the cologne just sitting there in a warehouse were the cologne might experience changes in temperature rather than just sitting in a box at a retail store where it would be at room temperature most of the time

^^thanks for the amazon suggestion, never even thought to look there
    its even better since i can get a free trial of amazon prime

Quote Originally Posted by randomtw View Post
    for online sites, i imagine the cologne just sitting there in a warehouse were the cologne might experience changes in temperature rather than just sitting in a box at a retail store where it would be at room temperature most of the time

^^thanks for the amazon suggestion, never even thought to look there
    its even better since i can get a free trial of amazon prime
    Yep, go for it. That's my go-to place for fragrances. I have been impressed with Amazon Prime and Amazon themselves. Never worry about getting old stock from there. Getting your fragrances in 2 days is also really nice. They usually ship it through UPS (though they once used Fed Ex) right to your door.

I buy pretty much all my fragrances from Amazon, I have yet to receive a dud. The service is excellent, and I have not had any reason to doubt the freshness of the purchases. That is from about 30 items.