Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Baldessarini Strictly Private

Baldessarini Strictly Private
    Courtesy of cosmoty.de

Baldessarini introduces a new fragrance, Baldessarini Strictly Private, which will appear on the market in January 2009. This is a new campaign aiming at upper class, at man who chooses quality, luxurious editions, man who is a playboy.

Strictly Private is a masculine, charismatic and sexy edition, full of dynamism. Face of the fragrance is Werner Schreyer, known for advertisements for Hugo Boss perfumes, and photographer of the campaign is famous Kalle Gustavson.

Perfume Strictly Private is composed of basil and bergamot in top, with juniper berries adn pink pepper. Heart is dominated by masculine vetiver combined with fir resin, patchouli and rose absolute. Base notes incorporate a classic mixture of cedar, vanilla and amber with creme-brulee accords.

The flacon is luxurious, created of black glass, with a golden board with engraved name of brand and fragrance. Its simple, robust stopper completes the picture of quality of the edition. The perfume is available as 50 and 90 ml edt, with an accompanying program.

Prices of the Baldessarini Strictly Private collection:

50ml EDT is available for 50 euro;
    90ml EDT is available for 66 euro;
    50ml after shave lotion is available for 41 euro;
    90ml after shave lotion is available for 52 euro;
    75ml after shave balm is available for 36 euro;
    150ml deodorant spray is available for 22 euro;
    75ml deodorant stick is available for 22 euro.

Default Re: New Baldessarini Strictly Private

Wow the bottle is awesome! And the scent falls into a floral oriental category? If so, this is yummy.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Tested it today, along with the new Gucci PH.
    While the latter didnt caught my attention (almost forgot I was wearing it) Strictly Private is pretty good.

"Perfume Strictly Private is composed of basil and bergamot in top, with juniper berries adn pink pepper. Heart is dominated by masculine vetiver combined with fir resin, patchouli and rose absolute. Base notes incorporate a classic mixture of cedar, vanilla and amber with creme-brulee accords. "

This is the description of the notes I found on fragrantica and I have to say I was suprised, I would have sworn there is coumarin in it.

Anyway, it starts off as a somewhat fruity mess, I wasn't really able to pick out notes (might be my poorly educated nose) but soon settles into a well blended combination of heart and base.
    I got whiffs of the rose as well as the patchouli (at least I think so) but the vanilla amber notes are prominent.
    For some reason I always had the colour of gold on my mind when smelling it but that might have been influenced by the bottle.
    At last I want to mention the resamblance to Boss - In motion I felt all the way along.
    Sillage and longevity are well above average for designer scents, sprayed my hand once and its still going strongly after7 1/2 hours.

Conclusion : I wouldnt pay the price they ask for it but if I see it at discount, even a small one, its worth a serious consideration.
    Last edited by timaru; 17th January 2009 at 01:08 AM.

i wore the Baldessarini concentrate for my wedding and also own the edc...every release from this line gets my attention

Now this looks promising. The bottle looks great. Let's hope the juice isn't some weak, woossie mess like most recent releases. The rose, cedar, amber and 'crème brûlée' notes will be something to look out for!

The name "Strictly Private" is a bit of an oxymoron, dontcha think? Particularly as its likely to be rolling out to every depeartment store, chemist and discount perfumery on the planet.
    The notes sound interesting, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    Now this looks promising. The bottle looks great. Let's hope the juice isn't some weak, woossie mess like most recent releases. The rose, cedar, amber and 'crème brûlée' notes will be something to look out for!

Its definitely not
    I might not be the best at analyzing a scent (quite yet) but i think I would have gotten that

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    The name "Strictly Private" is a bit of an oxymoron, dontcha think? Particularly as its likely to be rolling out to every depeartment store, chemist and discount perfumery on the planet.
    The notes sound interesting, but I won't hold my breath.

doesnt it look like all the marketing heads of these compnies are lurking on basenotes? cheesy name, no doubt.

however, whtever the name be Dimi, BOSS is doing something right with their Baldessarini line imho...

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

however, whtever the name be Dimi, BOSS is doing something right with their Baldessarini line imho...
    IMO, Baldessarini (the original) is the only noteworthy release from the line. The following Baldessarini flankers have been catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    doesnt it look like all the marketing heads of these compnies are lurking on basenotes? cheesy name, no doubt.

As far as I know BOSS has traded Balderssarini away a while back.

IMO, Baldessarini (the original) is the only noteworthy release from the line. The following Baldessarini flankers have been catastrophic.
    i read that and saw your avatar...ur drinkin a lot brother i agree. like i mentioend before...the edc and concentrate has been very close to me. i do not own bottles of subsequent releases....ambre was ok...del mar i do not remember..
    Last edited by jenson; 16th January 2009 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Tested it today, along with the new Gucci PH.
    While the latter didnt caught my attention (almost forgot I was wearing it) Strictly Private is pretty good.

"Perfume Strictly Private is composed of basil and bergamot in top, with juniper berries adn pink pepper. Heart is dominated by masculine vetiver combined with fir resin, patchouli and rose absolute. Base notes incorporate a classic mixture of cedar, vanilla and amber with creme-brulee accords. "

This is the description of the notes I found on fragrantica and I have to say I was suprised, I would have sworn there is cardamon in it.

Anyway, it starts off as a somewhat fruity mess, I wasn't really able to pick out notes (might be my poorly educated nose) but soon settles into a well blended combination of heart and base.
    I got whiffs of the rose as well as the patchouli (at least I think so) but the vanilla amber notes are prominent.
    For some reason I always had the colour of gold on my mind when smelling it but that might have been influenced by the bottle.
    At last I want to mention the resamblance to Boss - In motion I felt all the way along.
    Sillage and longevity are well above average for designer scents, sprayed my hand once and its still going strongly after7 1/2 hours.

Conclusion : I wouldnt pay the price they ask for it but if I see it at discount, even a small one, its worth a serious consideration.
    Thanks much for your review. It sounds promising.

I'll wait 'til it hits TJ Maxx/Marshalls like every one of their frags. I like Ambre and just picked up the original EdC.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I hope this is good enough to stop me from whining for an edp version!
    Last edited by graffham; 17th January 2009 at 03:27 AM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Thanks for the info scentimus...saw this for the first time today Hopefully it will be available here as almost all of the Baldessarini's are. I'm very interested in the rose-patchouli-vanilla combination and can't wait to test!

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    I hope this good enough to stop me from whining for an edp version!
    As someone who has read older threads on the Canali's, Laliques and L'Instant...I think you will be whining for a parfum . Not that I mind, I am all about longevity with fragrances :wave:

Oh, Surfacing, it's -30c right now in Chelsea, Quebec!

But if I had the new Baldessarini it might be a little warmer?

I like the combination of patchouli and rose, so I will definitely be checking this one out.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

H'm ... good bottle, interesting ingredient notes ... can't wait to try this one. I wasn't a fan of the Ambre but definitely of a fan of the original so the line is batting 500 with me right now.
    Last edited by ifconfig; 18th January 2009 at 08:38 PM.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Today I found it at Douglas. It's a really-really nice surprise. Warm - this was the first word that came to my mind, and all along in the three hours since application, I do feel the same. The warmest scent I've ever encountered of those which don't have a sweet/very sweet accompanying line in it, like say Tea for two. Woody and warm, and strangely at the same time powdery, but the powder doesn't dominate like say in Amouage Gold. Altogether a very masculin yet not in-your-face scent. Comforting to the extreme.
    Based on this single one try - bottle-worthy and highly recommended.

When is it available in the States?

Kind of agree Except, that although I bought the original Baldessarini, it turned against me, the patchouli and sweetness became overwhelming, so I used only 1/4 part of it, even the spraying mechanism got wrong...

Mainly that's why I wrote that the new Strictly Private was such a great nice surprise.
    Last edited by Sandy; 1st February 2009 at 06:42 AM.

I may be receiving a bottle of the Strictly Private from my partners pursuits at the duty free. Has anyone else sampled this or made a purchase?

Sampled this today...
    Dissapointed. How this can pass for masculine is beyond me.
    It starts out very nice, kinda niche smelling, it clearly says I am not your everyday frag, with a feel of something that will pass as one of the Armani/Prive frags. But then this vanilla ( much like Kenzo Amour ) mess shows up and doesn't go away. There is spice, kinda like Krizia Uomo and other old school spicy frags in the background, while the vanilla dances mercilessly on top. Spices fade away, and the vanilla is so overpowering you want to puke.
    Sillage is great, you won't miss it. So for those who are wondering if they'll want and EdP, I really doubt it. I had 2 sprays on my wrist and my entire being smelled like a big vanilla bouquet. I also think the name is not very smart...why not Private Selections or Private Reserve or something.
    Hate to dampen your anticipation, but, at best, it is an excellent comfort scent FOR WOMEN.

I also tried the new Boss Element...opens a lot like Elements Aqua (kinda incensy) then it turns into your average aquatic nonsense. The bottle looks like a rip off of Kenzo Power but in glass and shorter.

If you want any of the 2, I have access to it. PM me. Much better prices than what is quoted in the first post too.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I bought this on Friday. It's a great scent, starting off with a lot of bergamont, juniper berry and pink pepper before I sense the patchouli coming through.

On the drydown I get a great warmth from the amber and vanilla, which I have been looking for in a scent. I dont agree with Andrew on this being a good scent for women only, I would still say this is masculine.

I bought this brilliant piece of art yesterday. Today I wrote a large review about it on my blog, if you'd like to read it: http://www.fragrancethis.com/?p=484

I live in Germany, just happened to spray Strictly Private on a strip while looking for colognes for my guy. SP is wonderful, after the top notes fade, the mid and base notes are very subtle and fantastic. SP has all the ingredients that I like. I'd say it is one of the better new fragrances to come out this year.

Cheap florals, tacky vanilla-amber base. Like Pi layered with a bad room spray. I sure hope people will only wear this strictly in private.

Oh, and if anyone thinks there's any reality to gender categories in perfume: you could rebottle this as a feminine and call it "Voluptuous Harem Dancer" and everybody would consider that an apt name.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Cheap florals, tacky vanilla-amber base. Like Pi layered with a bad room spray. I sure hope people will only wear this strictly in private.

Oh, and if anyone thinks there's any reality to gender categories in perfume: you could rebottle this as a feminine and call it "Voluptuous Harem Dancer" and everybody would consider that an apt name.
    Oh no! Please say it isn't so. I was really hoping for something to look forward to this year... something new and different. I had high expectations for this. And Varvatos Artisan.

I've now sampled it and once again I think the descriptions from the marketing bods have been overly enthusiastic. I had been looking for a good mix of patchouli and rose but I think the fragrance overall is too, well, soft, really.

I got a few samples from House Of Fraser when I was in there and when I first tried it on straight from the bottle I was slightly underwhelmed. To read the marketing hype you'd think this was going to be an expensive and exclusive smelling scent. I don't think it is.

Certainly the packaging would lead you to believe that it was going to be a fragrance that would make you stand out when you wear it. It doesn't. Ok so you could argue that you only have to look at the price point to see that it's not going to be - but that's not a reasonable argument, there are plenty of fragrances which smell more expensive than they really are, like say Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Ungaro III or Michael Kors for Men, The latter of these I was wearing last night and that really DOES smell like you are wearing a sharp suit and going out for the evening.

I'm wearing Strictly Private now and, I hate to say it because it gets said too often, it smells really synthetic. There's a slightly harsh sweet edge that comes through when you smell your skin. I've had it on maybe twenty minutes and although, yes, I can smell some rose in there, it doesn't smell like a rose that you would find growing in a garden. There's a slightly chemically smell that tickles the lining of your nostrils and ends up smelling like some cheap Givenchy concoction.

I do also agree that this could almost be a female fragrance. It's drydown is very sweet, although not as cloyingly so as Pi.

EDIT: Ok so I'm now two hours into it and the drydown is actually quite pleasant, with a nice vanillic rose at the end. I would maybe consider wearing this, but it's such a shame you have to go through the top and heart notes to arrive at this ending. I think the evolution of the fragrance could have been engineered better to end up with this.

EDIT 2; Hmm. Now way into the drydown and it's completely changed character and is actually very nice with a smooth rose/patchouli (the vanilla appears to have died off) at the end which seems to be lasting well. It's not a million miles off Dark Rose now (not the opening of DR but further down the line).

I still don't think it smells particularly expensive, but I would say it could be bottle worthy once the price comes down. It's managed to change my mind! Bloody hell, that doesn't happen often!

Question: Why does the opening have to be so bloody horrible then?
    Last edited by HDS1963; 4th March 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: On going drydown.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Is this due to be released in the States any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Is this due to be released in the States any time soon?
    Don't know, but do PM me if you want one now.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Is there any more news or a further update on the 'Strictly Private'? Availability in US/Canada?
    Last edited by graffham; 3rd April 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Remindes me a bit of Kenzo Power.

i want to test this thx for the infos.
    Last edited by sanatik; 1st May 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."