Code of Conduct

Default Any point to wearing frags if you're going to sweat?

I usually sweat my ass of at my job. Am I just wasting frags by wearing them in this environment?

Default Re: Any point to wearing frags if you're going to sweat?

Not sure. Some say heat kills off fragrances. Wouldn't you still be wasting your fragrances if you never wear them as well? There's no use of them just sitting there unused. Do you smell the fragrance when you sweat?
    Last edited by Ronin; 29th December 2008 at 01:41 PM.

Yes, your wasting them.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

I don't see any reason why not, though you might want to go for something in the fresh, clean, maybe herbal realm, rather than something heavy or terribly complex. I'd think of it as a sensory energy booster, similar to a cold drink or energetic music.

I wore Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint, regularly re-spritzing it from a sample vial, to keep my morale up while the SO and i were doing a rather annoying and grubby hauling job that we'd been putting off.

I was so pleased to get the job done that I'm now extra fond of that scent, associating it with getting things accomplished with him. And I think of it first when I'm going to do any heavy house or garden work. Admittedly, this is rather different from a day-to-day job, but I'd still say that if a scent makes you feel good and gives you more energy or better morale for the work, it's certainly not wasted.

Crayfish

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Scents are not wasted when you sweat. Yes, the sweat washes off a lot of the scent on your skin, but some (the base) of the scent would have diffused beneath the outer skin layer, and will continue to exude its fragrance even after a wipe-down.

Again, the body heat which gives rise to sweat also amps up the scent on your skin. I have lived in the sub-Saharan tropics all my life and have used scents for 30+ years and have sweated my quota, especially by just walking a few blocks. You actually smell the fragrance more strongly due to the heat-amplification.

A good idea will be to use fresh inexpensive scents when you know you will sweat a lot after application.

Sometimes the combo of perfume and some sweating is great!
    DH wears Sisley Eau de Campagne and the more he sweats the sweeter and nicer the
    smell is.

If you are sweating A LOT at work why not wear the fragrance on cloth? Spray it on your clothes?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cumarin View Post
    Sometimes the combo of perfume and some sweating is great!
    DH wears Sisley Eau de Campagne and the more he sweats the sweeter and nicer the
    smell is.

If you are sweating A LOT at work why not wear the fragrance on cloth? Spray it on your clothes?
    On wearing fragrance on fabric you may want to look at the threead below:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=220976

My theory is to apply the fragrance underneath the clothing. It's all about the dissolved scent molecules in the oils. When you sweat, probably those oils will be washed away a tad from the skin, but if it's the clothing fabric that is absorbing them, then you still can profit from the scent.

I sweat a lot when biking in the morning after I applied my scent, I hate it.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!