Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Did I get ripped off?

Hi there,

I have been ordering mini's on Ebay...

However, I received an AG Petite Cherie and EL Amber Ylang Ylang. The EL bottle looks like the regular sized bottle, but it doesn't have any labeling on it. Nothing, just a plain bottle.

The AG has sticker/paper wrapped around it tha says AG, but it doesn't have the name of the perfume on the label. I don't know what either of these fragrances smell like so I don't know if they are authentic. These bottles were from 2 different seller. Why would anyone take the time to sell a "fake" bottle for $9.00?

Lastly has anyone ordered from "prince of perfume" on Ebay? I won a bottle of L'Artisan. Sadly, Ebay contacted me and told me that removed his listing and I would be refunded. Darn, I was so excited for that package to arrive!

With all this rantving (yes, half rant, half raving) I have overall had great luck with most of my Ebay purchases.

Is there a thread somewhere re; who NOT to buy from on Ebay?

Default Re: Did I get ripped off?

This was a conversation yesterday on Makeup alley and the main thought was lots of Chanel frags are fakes and you best know vintage labels because there are many empty bottles being sold and then being refilled with new products and sold as vintage. I usually buy sealed items off evilbay and hope for the best. Minka

I was the victim of one of the Chanel fakes on ebay. I keep the bottle and box next to my computer monitor as a warning that the credo "buyer beware" applies any time you're bidding on ebay. In the past year or two, I've had only negative experiences related to fragrances being sold on ebay (the fake Coco Chanel and a La Chasse aux Papillons tester that was represented as a regular retail bottle. I was refunded for both purchases, but don't feel like I can trust most fragrance listings anymore and don't buy fragrances on ebay. I have had luck with buying electronics on ebay, and will continue to look there for certain items, but not fragrances.

While I'm ranting, let me say that I've been equally disillusioned by Makeup Alley, having recently been "swaplifted" for a high end fragrance. I think I'll just keep my fragrance mistakes as reference scents.

Post Thanks / Like

This is so sad. I hate it when people steal. Actually, it could happen anytime on e-bay.
    If anyone has had a positive experience with honest e-bay perfume dealers, please PM these people with those names.
    Usually you can form a business relationship with a few good people, and you're set for years of safe purchases. There are sellers who travel to France regularly and will pick up whatever you pay them to buy and send it to you.
    It's those "bargain" bottles that are risky. I would say this: find a reputable buyer, forget the "something for nothing" mentality and pay a fair price to work with this person to obtain quality perfumes.
    That is what I would do if I wanted something that was unavailable through a department store or directly from a manufacturer or dealer. I have given up on warehouses, having encountered old perfume too many times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    This is so sad. I hate it when people steal. Actually, it could happen anytime on e-bay.
    If anyone has had a positive experience with honest e-bay perfume dealers, please PM these people with those names.
    I do most of my perfume purchases on ebay and I haven't been disapointed yet. I continue to shop through the same sellers-that is if they have what I need or want. If not I look for what I want and then go by their feedback (my standards is 300+ feedback with at least 99% positive) and so far it has worked out good for me and I have purchased over 45 bottles some for myself and the rest as gifts for christmas.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had some luck on Ebay. I use The French Shopper on Ebay, that's what Purplebird was referring to, for Guerlain & S. Lutens, etc. She is great, good prices, not inflated. Anyway, I want to mention I had trouble leaving negative feedback last time. The Ebay sign said, "You can't take it back. Are you sure you want to leave neg. Feedback?" I tried to do it and it would not register at all, so I just wrote my complaint but left positive (plus) button. Otherwise it was just frozen. How about that for a hanging chad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I The Ebay sign said, "You can't take it back. Are you sure you want to leave neg. Feedback?" I tried to do it and it would not register at all, so I just wrote my complaint but left positive (plus) button. Otherwise it was just frozen. How about that for a hanging chad?
    You can contact eBay and they can change it if you have a reason or proof for negative feedback-such as item not arriving, wrong item, non payment etc..

This link talks about feedback but there is a contact button to the right hand side and they can help correct and change the pos. feedback to negative if you explain what happened.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ithdrawal.html
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ltaraleigh View Post
    Hi there,

I have been ordering mini's on Ebay...

However, I received an AG Petite Cherie and EL Amber Ylang Ylang. The EL bottle looks like the regular sized bottle, but it doesn't have any labeling on it. Nothing, just a plain bottle.

The AG has sticker/paper wrapped around it tha says AG, but it doesn't have the name of the perfume on the label. I don't know what either of these fragrances smell like so I don't know if they are authentic. These bottles were from 2 different seller. Why would anyone take the time to sell a "fake" bottle for $9.00?

Lastly has anyone ordered from "prince of perfume" on Ebay? I won a bottle of L'Artisan. Sadly, Ebay contacted me and told me that removed his listing and I would be refunded. Darn, I was so excited for that package to arrive!

With all this rantving (yes, half rant, half raving) I have overall had great luck with most of my Ebay purchases.

Is there a thread somewhere re; who NOT to buy from on Ebay?
    Maybe if you post some pics, we could help you out better. I've had *mostly* good experiences buying perfume on eBay, but you really take your chances. I bought a mini yesterday, so I hope i don't jinx myself!

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten a lot of stale minis off Ebay and various websites, but have not encountered a "fake" yet. The seller rebottling frags in vintage bottles is the notorious polkadotpatty operating under a different name.