Code of Conduct

Default Good bay rum's that can alternatively be used as a daily cologne?

Something that isn't terribly expensive.
    Last edited by mrshackleford; 30th December 2008 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Change of topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cologne's/After-Shaves that remind you of pirates?

Fill an atomizer with Capitan Morgan's Rum.

Spritz responsibly!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Off-Scenter

Bay rhum compositions in general (Czeck & Speake's Cuba, for example), plus leathers with a smoky or animalic edge, including Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Knize Ten, Lonestar Memories, Idole (rum and smokey leather) and, believe it or not, Chanel Cuir de Russie.

I so want Cuba. To damn expensive though. Havana is up there too. Maybe some day though. I haven't tried it personally, but the various inexpensive Bay Rum's may get you what you desire.
    Last edited by ibarney5; 30th December 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Depp wears Zino, would that fit a pirate in real life?
    Last edited by Xephon23; 30th December 2008 at 12:53 AM.

Default Re: Good bay rum's that can alternatively be used as a daily cologne?

Yarr

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

C.O. Bigelow
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sadly discontinued, Burts' Bees bay rum is one of the finest there ever was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    C.O. Bigelow
    I agree. You can find it on their website.

Post Thanks / Like

The finest i've yet to encounter of the many i have tried is Meehan Bay Rhum. It is available from Beautyhabit under their Bonny Doone Farms line.

Post Thanks / Like

It might be I who is confused, but from what it seems, the guy is asking about actual spiced rums that can be splashed on as cologne, not asking for bay rum cologne suggestions.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with No.032 Bay Rum by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary. Under $30 for a 4.2 oz spray bottle and really nice.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128491.html

http://www.google.com/products?q=C.O...No+032+Bay+Rum

edit: after reading Scentronic's post and re-reading mrshakleford's post I think Scentronic may be right!
    Last edited by kbe; 30th December 2008 at 01:31 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time