Code of Conduct

Thread: Endymion

Default Endymion

I'm trying out Endymion today and it's nice, but it smells a bit generic. Also, it reminds me of something I used to wear in the 90's, but I can't remember what.
    Clinique Chemistry perhaps? Either way, I don't think I would buy this scent.

Default Re: Endymion

I agree that it's rather generic; reminds me of dozens of boring vanilla department store scents.

I will say, however, that as far as boring vanilla scents go, I actually kind of like it, and think it's better than most. Not unique, not my preference at all, but it's not bad; there's enough coffee/chocolate to make it interesting to me. I think I prefer Uomo?Moschino for this type of fragrance, which is a bit more complex. Either one gets good marks from the lady, though.
    New site for my available dec^H^H^Hsplits: http://www.badgerdecants.com

I just found this one pleasant but not particularly interesting as well. The notes sound great, but in actuality I just found it a bit nondescript.

One thing to consider about Endymion is its strength is only EdC.

I liked it, but its lack of longevity and sillage were its demise for me, as SS said keep in mind that it is EDC strength.

I love the way coffee is presented in Endymion.

I own a bottle.

I must say as it continues to develop, it's base notes are quite warm and almost creamy.
    I find myself enjoying wearing Endymion, but I want my first niche purchase to be something a bit more unique.

Yes, it has a creamy character. Honestly, I have not smelled anything quite like it to date.

when I used to own a bottle, it sorta reminded me of Opium Pour Homme.

I so wanted to like this, but the hinted at coffee never really materializes, I just end up with the vanilla tone. Having said that it does it with a degree of class, but this really smells like so many other fragrances on the market. It is perhaps a foray into the younger market, but if so, I think it is misguided. This needed a little gravitas, something to raise out of the ordinary. This is almost as sweet as Dunhill London, and that would have been some achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    when I used to own a bottle, it sorta reminded me of Opium Pour Homme.
    I used to wear Opium back in the day, so maybe that's what it's reminding me of.

Endymion's subtlety is part of what draws me to it. It simply can't be compared against the majority of scents because it behaves differently. It isn't simply generic or weak. Spend a little more time with it...you'll probably discover what I mean.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't describe it as generic or weak, but after using Penhaligon's Duoro (1st class!) Endymion was a disappointment. I didn't quite get the proverbial coffee accord but a hint of what people had been referring to (a hybrid vanilla?). Wanted to love it but it didn't love me back. Gave it away on Christmas Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I liked it, but its lack of longevity and sillage were its demise for me, as SS said keep in mind that it is EDC strength.
    +1. It`s a mystery to me why Penhaligon`s made Endymion as a EDC.. This fragrance classification should at any rate come in a EDT strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by rorschuck View Post
    I agree that it's rather generic; reminds me of dozens of boring vanilla department store scents.
    Apt description IMO.