Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive

I'm not here to discuss the merits of Bond No. 9 v Creed. I really wanted to make a comment on this scent in general. I forgot I still had samples of Bond No. 9 Chez Bond, Riverside Drive and Central Park. My one comment on other fragrances is that I don't get Creed or any other houses in this. I get a muted 80s powerhouse...muted by green freshness. Really a nice and sophisticated scent. Seems great for dates or business. In fact the green from this was taken out and then made into Central Park...another nice one.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive

That's a great scent that my wife always loved on me while I had it. She liked it more than I did.

Central Park, along with New Haarlem, are my favorites from Bond.

When all is said and done, there may be more Bonds than Creeds that I like.

Chez Bond is kinda bland on me.

agree..
    i have New Haarlem and Central Park, both are amazing stuff..
    I have also the So NY, but this one gone quickly, no silage, but a great scent.

iI change alwys between NweHarlm and So NY and A*Men.

The So NY Candle is by far the best candle in the world, i have ever tried, bombastic throw and amazing burn quality.
    scent up your life!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a great scent that my wife always loved on me while I had it. She liked it more than I did.

Central Park, along with New Haarlem, are my favorites from Bond.

When all is said and done, there may be more Bonds than Creeds that I like.

Chez Bond is kinda bland on me.
    I wore Chez Bond a today...didn't do much on me and was gone quickly. Central Park is really fresh and I enjoy it. Grassy and exaxtly what the name implies. New Haarlem is the only gourmand type scent I have enjoyed but I don't think I would purchase it. Well done though.

Riverside got greener on me as it went along but I still enjoyed it alot. Like I said it had a greener/lighter 80s feel to me that I enjoyed.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 30th December 2008 at 07:15 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I love a few Bonds ( haven't tried Central Park, but really want too), but Riverside Drive left me cold. It was too herbal, I am really getting into green frags as of late but there is just too much basil in Riverside, it sort of overwhelms the rest of the frag.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I love a few Bonds ( haven't tried Central Park, but really want too), but Riverside Drive left me cold. It was too herbal, I am really getting into green frags as of late but there is just too much basil in Riverside, it sort of overwhelms the rest of the frag.
    I can see this. It has been more herbal in the drydown than the beginning..which I loved. But I still enjoy it. You should like Central Park more if green is your thing and the basil isn't working here.
    --Ben Hogan

i love blending riverside Drive with Bleecker street......the greens and cucumber really bring out the violet woods of bleecker street...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

^Appropriate.
    I always thought Riverside drive didn't have enough bright leafy greenness to balance the deep sweet pineapple. And I always thought Bleecker Street needed more dark, heavy, "dull" basenotes to balance it's sharp leafy galbanum/citrus top.

love it! of the 9 sampled so far..this is the one i wud put my money on..

Blog Entries

This is one of the two Bonds I've bottled on so far, the other being Wall Street. I agree that it's a greenery powerhouse, and I can see how it could be too much. Some days it's too much for me. I'll look at Central Park, although my current loves are Coney Island and Lexington Avenue.

Hey man, I would highly recommend for you to also try Wall Street and Bleecker Street

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Hey man, I would highly recommend for you to also try Wall Street and Bleecker Street
    Actually got alot of samples along with the 3 above and tried these...they are gone now. I loved them at the time. I thought Wall St was along the lines of some others from other houses I had smelled but it was wonderful and Bleeker St. was green and turned woody..loved it too. Will have to revisit.
    --Ben Hogan

4 sprays of Riverside Drive is a bit much for work today. Should have went with 3! I have a scent aura around me right now.

I use 3 sprays max for work. It's deceptively strong and I sometimes feel it gets stronger during the day. Definitely a powerhouse. Great scent though!

Of all the Bonds I've tried this was the only one I felt smelled pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Of all the Bonds I've tried this was the only one I felt smelled pleasant.
    Seems like you might like Central Park if you like this one. My current FB Bonds include Riverside, Hamptons, and Bleecker. I'd like to get Central Park back in my wardrobe. Maybe next month!

Love this scent, definitely my favorite Bond fragrance. I agree with others that said it's deceptively strong. You think you can't overdo it, but you can. I find it has excellent longevity as well if I do 2 sprays, and then a refresh spray like an hor or so later - from there on, lasts all day on me.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Basenotes Junkie

Haven't given Riverside Drive a sampling yet...I have it, but only for 1 day, it's up for a test run soon...but I just can't get enough of New Haarlem..yeah, I've been touting it's greatness on lot's of threads today. I really like the smell of Riverside in the bottle, I just want to smell it on the skin before I give it a true rating.