Code of Conduct

Default Jicky EdP Discontinued? (Part Deux)

A few days ago I dropped by the Bergdorf Goodman Guerlain counter in NYC and was told that Jicky EdP had been discontinued. This surprised me and I asked about it on Basenotes.

A number of Basenoters correctly noted that Jicky EdP is still listed on Guerlain's website and suggested I might find it at Saks.

So today I went there to find it.

Once again, no Jicky EdP. Once again, more disturbingly, I was told that it had been discontinued.

I ended up picking up Jicky EdT after testing it against Mouchoir de Monsieur. Much as I wanted the Jicky EdP, and much as I liked the semi-exclusivity of Mouchoir, I still preferred the lower-concentration Jicky to MdM.

I'd love it if a Basenoter with better French than I asked Guerlain Paris what the deal is. It would be a great shame if the EdP of Jicky went the way of Cuiron.

(BTW, the SA in Saks was, as someone predicted, a bit pushier--and more formal--than the SA in BG, but was also very helpful and friendly.)

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jicky EdP Discontinued? (Part Deux)

Don't believe the SA, it is on the official Guerlain website: http://www.guerlain.com/index.asp?pa...Axe%3D1&logo=1

Just click the 'Range' tab and it appears at the top of the page alongside the EdT and parfum.

I was once told by a Neimans SA that Hiris by Hermes was discontinued. Some of them use the 'D' word a little too loosely, I've found. More than likely, Neiman's has discontinued carrying the EdP. Which is fine, there's other places to buy it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th December 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Please call the Guerlain Boutique at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Their number is (702) 693-7923. Donna is my SA and is delightful to work with. Her phone number is (702) 375-2138.

I bought a 250ml bottle of Jicky EdP there last month. It was well packaged and arrived very quickly.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th December 2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhinClio View Post
    A few days ago I dropped by the Bergdorf Goodman Guerlain counter in NYC and was told that Jicky EdP had been discontinued. This surprised me and I asked about it on Basenotes.

A number of Basenoters correctly noted that Jicky EdP is still listed on Guerlain's website and suggested I might find it at Saks.

So today I went there to find it.

Once again, no Jicky EdP. Once again, more disturbingly, I was told that it had been discontinued.

I ended up picking up Jicky EdT after testing it against Mouchoir de Monsieur. Much as I wanted the Jicky EdP, and much as I liked the semi-exclusivity of Mouchoir, I still preferred the lower-concentration Jicky to MdM.

I'd love it if a Basenoter with better French than I asked Guerlain Paris what the deal is. It would be a great shame if the EdP of Jicky went the way of Cuiron.

(BTW, the SA in Saks was, as someone predicted, a bit pushier--and more formal--than the SA in BG, but was also very helpful and friendly.)
    It's definitely not discontinued over here (UK), the Habit de Fete refills were available in all 3 department stores near me, I had no problem picking up a bottle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I cannot tell you how many times an SA has looked me straight in the eye and declared that a fragrance is no longer in production when I know for a fact it is. This is, sadly, a common sales tactic at fragrance counters. It seems that some SA's are actually told to say a specific cologne or fragrance is "out of production" if that counter does not stock it. That way, the disappointed shopper is better positioned to be sold something else.

Online research is crucial before heading out on a scent shopping safari.

Griff

Though this makes me revise my assessment of the helpfulness of the SAs in question, I'm not at all sorry to have picked up a bottle of Jicky EdT, which is a glorious fragrance in its own right!

Post Thanks / Like

I just talked with Donna at the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas.

In the EdP, they have Jicky in only two sizes - 250ml and 1000ml bottles.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th December 2008 at 10:41 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What ever the outcome of Jicky edp, continued or discontinued, I am glad I bought mine this Christmas

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely see Jicky EDP/PDT in any stores - but it is definitely available at online discounters.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I just talked with Donna at the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas.

In the EdP, they have Jicky in only two sizes - 250ml and 1000ml bottles.
    Well, I don't need, nor do I think I could afford, either of those sizes!

What kind of a bottle does 1000ml of Jicky EdP come in?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Jicky EDP on Ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhinClio View Post
    What kind of a bottle does 1000ml of Jicky EdP come in?
    Riannon posted this description in another thread on November 29, 2008:

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    I have a one litre bee bottle of Jicky and although it is a great piece, I will never buy one again. It is simply too huge for my hands
    I can forget decanting through a funnel because too much perfume comes out when you have no decent grip on the bottle. Only a pipette works for me. So next time it will be a 500 ml bottle again. That one I can handle.

But I realize that for a man this could be different, so, I just measured the bottle.

High: 26 cm (including the stopper)
    Wide: 33 cm (no mistake, this beauty is wider than it is high. I could hardly believe it, so I checked twice)
    Weight: 1600 gram at the moment. About 400 ml. is gone, so make that 2000 gram (two kilo) for a full bottle
    Diameter of neck: 2,5 cm (that is without the glass rim)
    I assume it is a gold bee bottle like the 250ml but I do not know for sure.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 31st December 2008 at 12:23 AM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the bottle my 50ml EDP bottle came in;

It can be bought at the following site

http://www.slapiton.tv/acatalog/Guerlain_Jicky.html
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

Jicky EdP is still in the Guerlain catalog. The 'clear bee' bottles are 500 and 1000ml. The0 'g.old bee' bottles are 250, 500, and 1000ml.