Code of Conduct

Default Help me identify this Angel bottle please.

Hi, a newbie here.Forgive me if the answer is on the forum somewhere but i can't find it. I am looking to identify this particular bottle of Thierry Mugler's Angel perfume i bought off e-bay a couple of years ago. I have looked & looked on the internet for the name & any info of this limited edition (i presume it was limited) but have come up with naff all. I hope someone on here can help me as it's really bugging me not knowing anything about it!

It's a 15ml sized bottle, the cap doesn't twist & pull off like regular refillable Angel bottles.As you can see from the photo it just pulls off & is attached by a chain to the body of the bottle which has metal all along the outside of the star. The glass also seems a much better quality than the regular bottles. The seller told me they were able to buy it when they purchased so much of other Angel stuff & a lady who worked the Angel counter in Liverpool said she had only ever seen one other & that was from Paris.

! would be very thankful if someone gave me some details, name, year, how many were produced etc. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help me identify this Angel bottle please.

I think it might be Once Upon a Star. OUaS was a limited edition 15ml release about 6 or 7 years ago and did have a gold cap, but I'm not sure about the chain.

You can try sending mail to customerservices@thierrymuglerparfums.co.uk. Or reach them at:
    Thierry Mugler Parfums
    10 Cavendish Place
    W1G 9DN London
    020 7307 6700
    020 7307 6705

Wish I could tell you for sure, but I hope this helps.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I think it might be Once Upon a Star. OUaS was a limited edition 15ml release about 6 or 7 years ago and did have a gold cap, but I'm not sure about the chain.

You can try sending mail to customerservices@thierrymuglerparfums.co.uk. Or reach them at:
    Thierry Mugler Parfums
    10 Cavendish Place
    W1G 9DN London
    020 7307 6700
    020 7307 6705

Wish I could tell you for sure, but I hope this helps.
    Thanks for your response! The cap & the rest of the metal on the star are silver though....i think i will send an e-mail to customer service in Paris & the usa as well as the uk, as when i have e-mailed the uk customer service, they usually don't even bother responding.

Thanks for your help, i do appreciate it!

Bit of an update...i googled your suggestion of the name, it wasn't ouas but it did lead me to this German collectors website...there is a picture of the bottle.It was released in 1997 as a 5 year anniversary bottle, but my German translation to English isn't very good.It keep coming up with fishing rod. If anyone can give me a clear English translation i would appreciate it! Here is the German text... Vapo glamor pour le Sac 1997 to 5 jährigen Angel Jubiläum - Limitierung unbekannt Angel-year anniversary - Limiting unknown.

Blog Entries

I think there's both French and German going on here. Basically, I read "vapo glamour pour le sac" as "purse atomizer." I think "glamour" is being used in French the way "deluxe" is in English-- Bloomingdale's is selling the latest Angel "Deluxe Refillable Purse Spray." This LE bottle was released in 1997 for the fifth year anniversary of Angel. "Limitierung unbekannt" means limitation unknown, so they don't know how many were produced.

Angeln in German means to fish.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I think there's both French and German going on here. Basically, I read "vapo glamour pour le sac" as "purse atomizer." I think "glamour" is being used in French the way "deluxe" is in English-- Bloomingdale's is selling the latest Angel "Deluxe Refillable Purse Spray." This LE bottle was released in 1997 for the fifth year anniversary of Angel. "Limitierung unbekannt" means limitation unknown, so they don't know how many were produced.

Angeln in German means to fish.
    I think you may be right about the glamor bit, although i have come across some other text on a different webpage describing the glamour collection which included a 15ml refillable spray.Thierry Mugler has re-used star names a couple of times & if i recall glamour was re-used too for one of the stand alone, dressing table bottles rather than the shooting star types.I will have to look on the Bloomingdales site to see what the latest purse issue is.

Thanks again for your help!