Code of Conduct

Default Have you made anyone so into fragrance like yourself in 2008?

At least, my family, except my dad, is buying more fragrance. They smell my SotD every day and sometimes left a comment. My mom once said "Are you using a women fragrance?" That was when I had Zino Davidoff on. LOL

My sister loves Wall Street on me, and my brother is so into CK Be.

I can notice that they've been talking more about fragrance and their shelves now are supporting more bottles, just like mine.

Apart from my family, my friends have been asking me what to buy when they wanted to buy a gift or a new bottle for themselves. They started asking me since they caught different smells on me and asked how many bottles I own. I didn't tell them the truth as I was afraid that they'd think I'm out of my mind. I told them I had about 30 bottles.

They wear scents from Armani, Bvlgari, Davidoff and Ralph Lauren. I tried to get them buy ones from the Hermes, Cartier, Creed, Serge Lutens, L'Occitane, and some other brands which were available online, but still, they kept asking "Which is the best from Bvlgari?", "What is better between Code and Mania?", and "Would it be out of date to wear Cool Water now? Well, I got these questions even after I let them tried ones from the aforementioned brands. Although I couldn't make them appreciate those heavenly smellies, still I feel that I've made them buy more and their interest in fragrance has been intensified to some extent that whenever they see me they'd come near and guess what I am wearing. Of course, never once their guess was right.

So, what about you? Have you made the fragrance industry happy? Basenotes is such an important place for this industry and it deserves more attention and supporter.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 31st December 2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Change the font color to black.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you made anyone so into fragrance like yourself in 2008?

Yes, I'm spreading the love of fragrance to those around me. Slowly but surely. And I find that even those who don't become active in any kind of love of fine fragrance, will find it to be an exceptionally interesting topic of conversation.

I think 2009 is going to be an even better year. My wife was actually commenting to me about it. She says that she simply doesn't understand why people seem so much more interested in fragrance than they were just a few years ago. Especially given the downturn in the economy worldwide. I don't know if I have an answer to that one.

Yes, I'm spreading it.

Well, I made my mom like JCE's Hermessence line and Bond's Nuit de NoHo, but she still isn't really that into perfume and says niche perfumery is sometimes too ridiculously priced. I also helped her order a tester of Bvlgari's Omnia Amethyste for $28 shipped.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, has really improved and can detect notes in the things I wear. For example, today I am wearing Bois d'Argent, and she says that "Hey! I can smell iris, incense, and something sweet --- honey?" Boy did that put a smile on my face. Now she's saying that my next FBs should be Chanel's Coromandel and PG's Coze. Now that's good taste! Strangely, she doesn't use anything for herself though.

Also sold off a dozen bottles to friends as well as making it the topic of conversation sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Now she's saying that my next FBs should be Chanel's Coromandel and PG's Coze. Now that's good taste!
    Agreed

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Yes, and I didn't even realize it. I live with two other guys and I just noticed that alot of my bottles are at waaaaay lower volume than they should be, it turns out the lads have been helping themselves quite a bit.

Which is fine by me, I'm thrilled the like what I have and are bold enough to try it.

Terre D'Hermes basically got hit the hardest. They have good taste at least!

Quote Originally Posted by scentseeker View Post
    yes, and i didn't even realize it. I live with two other guys and i just noticed that alot of my bottles are at waaaaay lower volume than they should be, it turns out the lads have been helping themselves quite a bit.

Which is fine by me, i'm thrilled the like what i have and are bold enough to try it.

Terre d'hermes basically got hit the hardest. They have good taste at least!
    That is funny. I hope they'd buy for themselves in 2009.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 31st December 2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Great thread.

My family will sometimes comment on my SotD, especially my sister, who loves Dior Homme very much on me. My younger brother developed a strange obsession with Terre d'Hermes which is IMO a good thing. He also uses my Polo Double Black and Body Kouros a lot.

My mom who is not into fragrances will comment on my SotD sometimes. I think she loves the fact that I care very much about fragrance. She very much hates the way I spend on it though

I have recently converted a friend, and after a lot of sniffing he bought Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men ten days ago. He loved it, and he is already talking to me about his next bottle. More people are getting into fragrance these days, and this is a great thing. Very recently two of my friends approached me for advice on what to buy and for my opinion on the things they already own.

So yeah, I guess I made at least 7 or 8 people fragrance-aware this year.
    Last edited by Mostapha; 31st December 2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Sur la Plage

I have had several people at work ask me to assist them with fragrance purchases.

Also, some ask me what my "S.O.T.D." is - so I have taught them that term.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

On my last visit to my Parents, I gave my Dad Bois du Portugal and my Mom Love in White.... Well, for Christmas Pops got my Mom Spring Flowers. So, I am looking forward to see what 2009 holds.

My mother became smitten with the DSH version of Cadolle No. 9, so I gave her mine and just recently bought a new bottle for myself. My sisters don't have much interest (the older wears Chanel No. 19 occassionally, the younger used to wear Anais Anais, but doesn't wear anything anymore). But I've gotten my boss interested in fragrances (Angel, Shi and Miss Dior Cherie this year), and had a perfume party for friends. One discovered Badgley Mischka, emptied the decant I gave her, and just ordered her first full bottle. Another found that Envy smells great on her, and left with a decant of that. Two other friends who attended the party were already perfume-lovers, and have small fragrance wardrobes, but one of those discovered Bvlgari Black, and its now a scent she and her husband "share" (actually, fight over, since he doesn't like her to wear it while he's wearing it.) And speaking of the husband, I sent him and his wife to visit Aedes on their trip to New York earlier this year, where he purchased his FIRST EVER fragrance: Cedre.

I'd say I'm doing my part to expand the perfume-buying market.

I wish! Sometimes I feel like I am on a deserted island and all the fish are laughing at me. I have tried and tried, but alas no can do. I thought for a little while my mother was starting to come around( she wears perfume everyday, but doesn't understand the need for more than a few bottles), but she too has told me to stop annoying her.
    That's why I come here
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 31st December 2008 at 07:33 PM.