Code of Conduct

Default A bread box! Hey, a bread box! (And other Kitchenware For Perfume)

So I assume that I'm far from the first person to realize that a steel or aluminum bread box:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/srch/...ords=bread+box

is a great way to keep a number of current perfumes protected from light but easily accessible from both front and above, without all the rattling and falling-over involved with opening a drawer. But I just recently realized it, and am delighted with the new breadbox sitting on the shelf by my desk.

I have twelve bottles and probably a hundred samples in there, the samples sorted into more kitchenware - tiny tiny (roughly 3"X2"X1" high) metal loaf pans, each with a category label on the front.

I also keep things that might tend to be stinky - decant bottles, sample papers, sample bottles that I want to carry into the living room, etc. - in a small tightly-lidded metal canister, so that I can have them wherever I want them, without them constantly making a scented cloud and causing a sneezing fit for the SO.

I also realiezd that small shot glasses are really nice for holding samples. Especially the kind that taper down at the bottom and keep the vials from falling over.

Again, probably all obvious to everyone, but I'm enjoying my stinky kitchenware.

Crayfish

Default Re: A bread box! Hey, a bread box! (And other Kitchenware For Perfume)

I like the idea of a bread box for bottles! I see that you have a metal one, but also those old wooden roll-top kinds would be nice. I think I have an old roll-top box that used to house 5-inch floppy disks...... perhaps I can put it to better use.

These are great ideas! I especially like the shot glass idea.

Great idea! Now, this wouldn't work for full bottles, but a friend gave me a flat wooden box with a drawer for Xmas with compartments inside that will be ideal for storing some of my samples. She first tried a fishing tackle shop and then found this in an artists' materials shop - I guess they would keep their paint tubes in it or something. I look forward to having a good sorting session!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

That sounds great. Enjoy! I want to get my fragrances and other things organized for the new year as well. Too much clutter around here.

What a great idea!!!!

I use "Stackables" (wooden jewelry organizers) for samples and decants because I can actually sort them (all the "A's" together, etc--yes I alphabetize my samples) and it is easy to see them and find them quickly, but I have not come up with a solution for bottles. Here are the stackables:
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...115275&RN=1008

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Since you've got us in the kitchen, Crayfish, how about a spice drawer insert for small bottles or big decants? Here's one.

Ooh! More ideas, thank you.

So does spending money on perfume organizers count as perfume spending?

I'll have to think that over.

Crayfish