Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Battistoni fragrances for men

Marte 61 is listed in the directory with no further info. I'd appreciate any info on this house and its men's fragrances.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Battistoni fragrances for men

I own the following Battistoni Fragrances:

72. BATTISTONI-CLASSICO
    73. BATTISTONI-CREATION
    74. BATTISTONI-MARTE
    75. BATTISTONI-MARTE 61
    76. BATTISTONI-MARTE ARTE
    77. BATTISTONI-MARTE II
    78. BATTISTONI-MARTEROSSO
    79. BATTISTONI-MARTESILVER
    80. BATTISTONI-SUMMER WATER

They are all absolutely splendid and I highly recommend all of them. Marte 61 starts off with some citrus and rapidly simmers to a warm and rich wonder. If you can get your hands on it, you should do just that, and don't let go. My favorite, however, is Marte Arte. All of these scents are quite difficult to find in the states, but I did get the Marte 61 at Barneys New York many years ago. Not only is Marte Arte my favorite of this brand, it is one of my all time favorites, and I currently have 1030 bottles of gent's scents, and look forward to that one day every three or so years when Marte Arte comes up in the rotation for that day's use.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.malpharma.com/

13A Old Mint Street, Valletta, Malta
    Tel: 21239893 Mob: 99473538, 99440117
    Email: malpharma@waldonet.net.mt

Has has most of them. They're in Malta though.

They also seem to sell health supplements. I got all excited until I noted its only creatine monohydrate and not even Malate or Kre. I thought Europeans had high end "good" stuff without all the bans. Why the backwards outdated junk? Oh well back to my Russian sources.

I'd love to try out the Batt line so let me know how it goes.

-- Al

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen many of the above on offer, while browsing the italian ebay.I have never sampled any of them though.
    Last edited by discovolante; 2nd January 2009 at 07:53 AM.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom,

I had bought Classico before two years from Berlin(KDW),highly recommended ,barbershop scent and very long lasting.
    Also first-in-fragrance carried this but now dissapeared.
    If you find it pls let me know.

Best,
    Giannis
    Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Marte 61 is listed in the directory with no further info. I'd appreciate any info on this house and its men's fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by need5398 View Post
    I own the following Battistoni Fragrances:

72. BATTISTONI-CLASSICO
    73. BATTISTONI-CREATION
    74. BATTISTONI-MARTE
    75. BATTISTONI-MARTE 61
    76. BATTISTONI-MARTE ARTE
    77. BATTISTONI-MARTE II
    78. BATTISTONI-MARTEROSSO
    79. BATTISTONI-MARTESILVER
    80. BATTISTONI-SUMMER WATER

They are all absolutely splendid and I highly recommend all of them. Marte 61 starts off with some citrus and rapidly simmers to a warm and rich wonder. If you can get your hands on it, you should do just that, and don't let go. My favorite, however, is Marte Arte. All of these scents are quite difficult to find in the states, but I did get the Marte 61 at Barneys New York many years ago. Not only is Marte Arte my favorite of this brand, it is one of my all time favorites, and I currently have 1030 bottles of gent's scents, and look forward to that one day every three or so years when Marte Arte comes up in the rotation for that day's use.
    Could you describe what Arte is like? Is it a classic kind of men's scent (that would be nice)? I do not much care for typical post-Cool water kind of scents (aquatic, ozonic, fruity etc.). Thanks!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Let me start by saying that I found Marte Arte at http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php and purchased it blind. The last time I checked that site, however, it was not there. It is not a common modern scent such as aquatic, etc. that you indicated. I would suggest that it is more floral and gourmand and I cannot say I know a fragrance like it, and trust me, I know quite a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Marte Arte is fantastic in my opinion, complex, earthy/rooty and decadent. Recommended for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Marte Arte: i think that violet and cedarwood are two key notes, on the side of some pepper and a final ambergris. The dry down is virile, woody and dusty (by pepper and ambergris), almost incensey. The juice is highly herbal and rooty in my opinion, there is a sort of nutty mysterious feel around which is musky/herbal and with a violet secret undertone. An universe of nuances envelop the wearer which elicits a really classic and artistic vibe around, virile (pepper, ambergris, woods and patchouli) and haute couture. Really a precious gem very hard to find nowadays. I also love the classic Marte (blue/golden box). My friends, purchase these great classics if you can.
    Last edited by Darvant; 29th November 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by need5398 View Post
    Wow this guy is second only to hednic!

Can't wait to visit their museum

Post Thanks / Like

I'm testing Marte Arte more and more (from my new 100 ml bottle). The initial earthy/herbal feel tends to fade soon and the fragrance becomes violet/cedar/musk prominent with an ostensibly figgy undertone (but the fig is not among the listed notes). Arte smells as compromise between Fahrenheit and Ferragamo with a touch of Declaration. Try it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm testing Marte Arte more and more (from my new 100 ml bottle). The initial earthy/herbal feel tends to fade soon and the fragrance becomes violet/cedar/musk prominent with an ostensibly figgy undertone (but the fig is not among the listed notes). Arte smells as compromise between Fahrenheit and Ferragamo with a touch of Declaration. Try it.

Remember trying two of their scents on a past trip in Europe (can't remember which two).