Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just made my day

I just discovered The Perfumed Court. Does it get any better than this? Is there anything fundamentally wrong with using a decanter? Is it bad for the product to be exposed for a short period while being decanted? Are there any other Gems of websites that I have not yet discovered? I'm not sure that I could handle another one right now anyhow.

Yes...that's me beside myself.

Default Re: Just made my day

OH, yes, the Perfumed Court!! Try also Lucky Scent and Posh Peasant. The PC usually has the largest selection but occasionally I have found something they don't have on one of the other sites. Sometimes with shipping I find the PC more pricey. Depends on sizes of decants, special coupons, etc.

I have been very happy with all three. Posh Peasant mails items in a velvet pouch with an elegant thank you card. And few weeks ago at least, the only place I could get Chanel Beige.

I think there are other sources the more experienced Basenoters can recommend, too.

Post Thanks / Like

This just keeps getting better. These site are perfect for me because I can sample some scents that I have been interested in without breaking the bank. AWESOME!

Post Thanks / Like

Try makeupalley.com as well

There people trade samples and decants with others. So if you have several FB you trade a quantity of fragrance for another fragrance. The only money you spent would be on decanting supplies and postage.

People often throw in extra samples and vials too. It's great and sometimes you are met with the same generosity basenotes shows
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Striven82 View Post
    This just keeps getting better. These site are perfect for me because I can sample some scents that I have been interested in without breaking the bank. AWESOME!
    You can also buy a variety of samples from Aedes and BeautyHabit. And some houses, such as l'Artisan Parfumeur, will sell you samples of their own fragrances. And BeautyEncounter and some other maillorder sites have a lot of minis - more expensive than samples, much cheaper than buying a full bottle and regretting it.

Crayfish

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, sampling is the way to go for those with the discipline to be deliberate.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree - sampling is the best way to satisfy your curiosity without breaking the bank.
    Having had a few blind buys that proved to be expensive mistakes, I now try my hardest to sniff before I splash the cash.

Actually, it's also a good way to develop your knowledge of the scents people are talking about even if they're not your cup of tea.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I second The Perfumed Court.

Have you tried the Niche and Classic Perfumes sampler packs? These were responsible for my hobby/addiction

One of my daughters had the French Legends Pack and loved some of them so I know what to get her for birthday and Christmas presents, and I have started her boyfriend wearing Erolfa and Jules. (Sometimes I wish I had not given him such difficult-to-obtain frags as samples in the first place!!! Not really, though.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have used The Perfumed Court, The Posh Peasant and Luckyscent to try many scents over the last year.
    I think these three places are an invaluable resource for those who want to try many different scents.
    There is a web page of people from BN and makeup alley where they offer decants but I don't know the webpage off the top of my head. I think its called Scent Splits or something like that.
    The prices there can be lower than the three big places but the selection is also more limited.
    Make sure you sign up for The Perfumed Court newsletter as they offer a discount code most every month.
    Good luck with your future buys.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah, the joys of discovery and just-starting-out enthusiasm! It feels so good, doesn't it? You just made my day, Striven82!

[...and in partial answer to the original question - no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with decanting, particularly if you do it into a decent container of any kind. Don't let those of us who obsess about refrigerating vintage frags in Carlsbad Caverns for the next 50 years give you the slightest pause. Making decants, buying decants, storing decants - it's all good.]