Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 samples?

Has any one tried to order samples from their website? Do you need to buy something first? There seems to bee some conflicting info between customer service and the online checkout? I'm having some trouble with it. Any info would be helpful. Thx.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bond No. 9 samples?

I have gotten free samples (2) by phoning the SA at Saks whom I had spoken to personally before; I have not ordered online but the website states:

Can I get free samples?
    While free samples are only given out with online orders, Bond No. 9 does have a sampling program that we invite all of our valued customers to participate in. You can log on to www.bondno9.com and order 6 samples for $15 or call our toll free number at 1.877.276.3369 and speak to a trained sales representative. This minimum charge covers our shipping and handling fee and gives you the opportunity to try our fragrances before you make a purchase.

http://www.bondno9.com/customer-service

I've purchased samples directly from the Bond site. No need to order anything else.
    If you end up ordering a full bottle of one of the Bonds be sure to fill out and send the postcard enclosed in the perfume box. You will get free samples in the mail!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 2nd January 2009 at 04:07 PM.

I have been trying to order the 15$ sample set but It won't allow me to ad them to the shopping cart. I guess I'll just keep trying. Thx.

When I used the site, I had problems with specific choices - I would choose six, try to get them to the cart, and it would act like I'd only chosen five. By changing which choices I made, I figured out which one it was choking on, and then I could get six and get it to behave. So you could try playing with which choices you make.

Crayfish

I can't get it to work. Ef it, I'm just going to call the number.

Any luck? I've been eager to try some too but am not going to drop $135 just to give some a whiff.

Not at all. I am sort of confused by the FAQ info on the customer service page. It seems that you should be able to, and it also seems that others have had luck with it. After 3 attempts to contact them via email, I have thrown in the towel. I'll probably use TPC, but due to my frustration, it is going on the back burner.

Did you try calling the number? I can't add samples to my cart either without adding a product so I might just give them a call tomorrow.

Try going to the posh peasant. She takes paypal and has many bond #9 samples. Couldn't be easier. I've just sampled New Haarlem and Chinatown. Very interesting stuff. I think I'm in serious love with Chinatown. The other one smells like coffee, which I love to drink but think I can live without smelling like. Go to PoshPeasant.com.
    ~~~~~~~~Pulsing veins of green rushing nutrients through unfurling leaflets , dirty-faced little blooms poking their sleepy heads up through cold March dirt...the promising scent of unfallen rain hanging heavy in the dark cloud-ladden air...Oh the beauty of Spring here in the country!

They finally emailed me back. You do have to purchase something first before adding th 15$ samples. It is only frustrating because every decanter I find (including TPC and The Posh Peasant) have a limited selection. I really want to try Bleaker Street. Meh...

Try Luscious Cargo (lusciouscargo.com). They will decant 8 samples for $21 (postage included). They carry 26 different Bonds including Bleeker Street.

Quote Originally Posted by edelzwicker View Post
    They finally emailed me back. You do have to purchase something first before adding th 15$ samples. It is only frustrating because every decanter I find (including TPC and The Posh Peasant) have a limited selection. I really want to try Bleaker Street. Meh...
    I have called the number (1.877.276.3369 ) on 2 seperate occassions and ordered samples (w/o the purchase of a bottle)-never had a problem and the rep I spoke with was very kind and helpful (same lady both times). My suggestion to you is to pick up the phone and call them and order your samples. BTW you cannot order the sample sets via Bond's website.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 26th January 2009 at 01:44 AM.