Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents - Edition II

Now I remember why I didn't post on the first version of this thread... I see collections like NeOtY26's and remember what I total newb I am.

I love the 'rainbow spectrum' of bell jars in that back row.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Now I remember why I didn't post on the first version of this thread... I see collections like NeOtY26's and remember what I total newb I am.

I love the 'rainbow spectrum' of bell jars in that back row.
    Yes all these pictures are very intimidating.....They just go to prove that I am a newbie...

Blog Entries

Wow! You can buy a house for that much down here in Houston ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Here they are sorted by house (front to back) There are a few missing.
    Sorry for the weird angle, and nasty lighting - once I get proper storage for my fragrances I'll take another.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Wow! You can buy a house for that much down here in Houston ;-)

those serge lutens alone could... lol

bbBD: can i have that tray along wiht it's contents?
    Last edited by jenson; 6th January 2009 at 12:48 PM.

This thread is even more epic than the previous one.

Futami that is sexy!

The dark wood looks great. Careful with those lights, though.

This thread is making me want to buy the mini wine fridge. really bad.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    You should reenact the scene in Indecent Proposal where Demi Moore is rolling around the bed filled with money...
    hahaha...I honestly have been tempeted to do a few well arranged still shots with a nude, beautiful women in an artistic pose. Any volunteers PM me.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Futami that is sexy!

The dark wood looks great. Careful with those lights, though.
    Thank you. Crazy thing is I just started collecting about a year ago, Kinda scary.

Those lights are diodes and don't light up much. After seeing JRD4T's setup I'm thinking of getting some of those lights instead.

JRD4T: are those lights battery powered or electric?

Default Re: Post A Picutre of Your Scents - Edition II

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    jrd4t: That's just stunning!
    Agree, I'm speechless on jrd4ts. I'm just a scent 1 month old compared to that display.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 6th January 2009 at 08:16 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Noalick View Post
    XXEnNyXx, I just recently discovered that Burberry Brit is wearable (recieved it in a swap). Having had problems with London and Touch before I was naturally sceptic. As it turns out, I very much like its fresh powdery accord and now I better understand the_good_life's praise for it.
    I agree...I like Burberry Britt alot, on me it is very mild...sweet but not too sweet...the others are Burberry London the Fabric edition and it is nicer and warmer than the original Burberry London although it sometimes has a grape smell in the beginning, and the other is Burberry The Beat...I haven't tried Burberry Touch yet.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

this is rather addicting.
    here is a girly view. the cabinet is from my mom and the black box in front is my childhood jewelry box. the kind with a ballerina that twirls around to the music. the ballerina broke off, but I fit a nice collection of decants and samples inside. there is a mirror too, so everything inside is amplified.
    I miss the ballerina.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    here is a girly view. the cabinet is from my mom
    The cabinet is very nice rtamara41...I need something like that...especially because my collection is growing (I treat myself to a perfume I like every couple of weeks ).
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    JRD4T: are those lights battery powered or electric?
    There are two kinds in the cabinet and one in the drawer. The cabinet one are all electric - a couple bars of diode lights (that can be 5 different colors!) with a couple sets of additional diode down-lights. The drawer has one of those battery powered diode bars that turns on for a little bit when you open the drawer and back off when you close it. They claim that it'll last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    here is a girly view.
    Ooooooh. I see an Ayala Moriel in there

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    There are two kinds in the cabinet and one in the drawer. The cabinet one are all electric - a couple bars of diode lights (that can be 5 different colors!) with a couple sets of additional diode down-lights. The drawer has one of those battery powered diode bars that turns on for a little bit when you open the drawer and back off when you close it. They claim that it'll last a long time.
    Sweet setup! An ikea trip is defiantly in my future. (god I hate that place, visual over-stimulus) lol

update with a few new arrivals.

Ooooooh. I see an Ayala Moriel in there
    yes, it's Immortelle L'Amour, a comforting gourmand scent reminiscent of coffee and maple sugar. It's companion tea is also quite good.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

What creed is that on the right side? it has green colour on it. never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by djobeat View Post
    What creed is that on the right side? it has green colour on it. never seen that before.
    I believe it's Bois du Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by abc1234 View Post
    update with a few new arrivals.

What's the green bottle besides the Cool Water?
    Very nice collection by the way, as so many others here, too!
    i love those pics!
    Last edited by timaru; 7th January 2009 at 07:40 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

What's the green bottle besides the Cool Water?
    Aspen.
    One of the better drugstore cheapies.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post

I am floored !!!!!!!!!!

That's AWESOME collection you got there --- The total number is about 600, so even you change EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year, it will take you TWO years to rotate back given you don't add new ones!!! That's mind boggling.
    Last edited by abc1234; 7th January 2009 at 08:13 PM.

excellent! (im rejoicing). -rock solid collection JaimeB! lovely to see the Nasamoto and lagerfeld classic, shoulder to shoulder

btw, the way you have lined up those Serge Lutens almost scared me..
    Last edited by jenson; 8th January 2009 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    Aspen.
    One of the better drugstore cheapies.
    Exactly, it's Aspen.

I am planning to conduct a side by side comparison between Creed Green Irish Tweed vs. Davidoff Cool Water vs. Coty's Aspen. I've heard so many things about the similarities which intrigues me. But given all the fake GIT flying around the internet, I haven't got a good and reliable source to buy GIT yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    btw, which is the bottle between the kilians and Chanel..?
    200ml of Alpona by Caron

JaimeB, please remember me in your will.

P.S. I like Creed's

Ooooh Child!!!
    ......make Diva do the church fan wave.

Fumnai, jrd4t, & JaimeB Wow!! Y'all done made Diva tingle a little bit *giggle* Y'all smells goooooood

The way you guys have that set up is so nice. I was looking at curios and cabinets last week. I wanted to move my scents from my vanity into a cabinet like you guys. Thanks for the visual tips.

Well here's the latest pic of my little darlings

Last edited by Divatologist; 8th January 2009 at 05:13 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Ooooh Child!!!
    ......make Diva do the church fan wave.

Well here's the latest pic of my little darlings
    as thr Dj said.."you rock gurl, you rock" such an awesome display!!

btw, cud you pls enlighten me on the four bottles in the top row, front, starting from the from the right?), which are those?

NEoTY26: thnx buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by abc1234 View Post
    Exactly, it's Aspen.

I am planning to conduct a side by side comparison between Creed Green Irish Tweed vs. Davidoff Cool Water vs. Coty's Aspen. I've heard so many things about the similarities which intrigues me. But given all the fake GIT flying around the internet, I haven't got a good and reliable source to buy GIT yet.

You can wait for a poorly listed 2.5oz on eBay. Or just pay the $120-$130 for an authentic 4oz. at a reputable discounter. I'm fairly cheap, and after setting up specific searches on ebay for regular emails, I now have 2 authetic 4oz '07 and '05, for $138/8oz, that included shipping. the lot number and glazing on the bottle text is key.

As for the comparison, Aspen shares the mintiness/citrus/ and some herbal greenness in the mid-notes, and cool water onviously shares the entire top and has a wetter-violet leaf-type middle. But neither have the Sandalwood/vanilla/Ambergris base with the lingering lower registers of leaf of violet like genuine GIT.

2 more great for comparison are Truefitt & Hill's Freshman (the happiest synthetic GIT/Cool Water), similar to the 90's cool water, not the new lavender-loaded swill sold as cool water now. Also, Chez Bond copies the dry violet leaf of GIT exactly, but Chez's base was not for me, too much grape kool-aid powder.

Sorry for thread-jack, back to pics...

Dullah, cud we pls keep this thread to topic?

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    as thr Dj said.."you rock gurl, you rock" such an awesome display!!

btw, cud you pls enlighten me on the four bottles in the top row, front, starting from the from the right?), which are those?

NEoTY26: thnx buddy!

Hey Jenson! Thank you...*tee hee*

Top front row from the right....

D&G The One
    Viva La Juicy
    Versace EDP
    So In Love by Victoria Secret
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

JamieB: WOW! :OMG: Amazing collection. I don't think could decide what to wear in the mornings. I'd always be late everywhere

Diva: Thanks. Yes, it does look like your wardrobe has outgrown your dresser. Please post new pics when you switch.

Im just loving all these pics. Keep em coming guys.

This time last year I owned 95 bottles, now I have 22. My collection is inside a cabinet with doors in my bathroom. Looks rather sad next to everyone else. I used to own mostly niche and now I only have maybe 5 niche bottles out of my remaining 22. I am happy though and that is what matters the most. Everyone should be happy with their wardrobe whether it is 4 bottles or 900.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    This time last year I owned 95 bottles, now I have 22.
    You maybe on to something. I'm thinking that I need to make a top 20 list and get rid of everything else.

Great idea to restart a new thread Noalick! I love the collection pics!

There are some fine collections there! I am currently culling my collection, so no pics at the mo.

This time last year I owned 95 bottles, now I have 22. My collection is inside a cabinet with doors in my bathroom. Looks rather sad next to everyone else. I used to own mostly niche and now I only have maybe 5 niche bottles out of my remaining 22. I am happy though and that is what matters the most. Everyone should be happy with their wardrobe whether it is 4 bottles or 900.
    JWS, is that one of the new DK Fuel bottles you got there?

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    JWS, is that one of the new DK Fuel bottles you got there?
    The black column bottle I think you are referring to is Emporio Armani Night He.
    The red column bottle is my guilty pleasure - Perry Ellis 360 Red

I had gotten my collection to 10 back in October, but just realized it was too bare bones for my enjoyment, so I grew it a little this fall and winter. 20 - 25 is my sweet spot. I can cover all corners of my likes with that number range.

The black column bottle I think you are referring to is Emporio Armani Night He.
    The red column bottle is my guilty pleasure - Perry Ellis 360 Red

I had gotten my collection to 10 back in October, but just realized it was too bare bones for my enjoyment, so I grew it a little this fall and winter. 20 - 25 is my sweet spot. I can cover all corners of my likes with that number range.
    Yep the black column one was the one I was referring to. Thanks!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 10th January 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Jrd4t = *jawdrop* I even dragged my husband to read your post and look at that picture and he said "I'm impressed" (and he's not a fellow perfume obsessive; he just has to put up with my growing collection).

Neo: Your collection looks awesome!

Futami: that cabinet and those scents make a great display. It looks beautiful and practical.

Rtamara - I love your wardrobe and the tray and that giant Dali bottle (one of my all-time favourites) and that adorable white cabinet!

Jock, your post is right on the money (about being happy with your collection regardless of the size) and actually, your display is achingly stylish and shows that you have some good taste.

Is it wrong that this thread makes my heart beat just a little faster?

I'm currently not in a position to add a cabinet or a fancy display to my flat - hoping to move house later this year. But when I do... I will have some kind of wonderful display set-up too! And a lab and a perfumer's organ (either in a spare room or kitchen). Can't. Wait. Right now all my perfume raw materials are stored in boxes under the bed. ><

Here's my current collection (samples and my messy own-experiment shelf not showing ).

Last edited by Nukapai; 10th January 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Basenotes Plus

We have some very impressive collections here!
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 11th January 2009 at 06:58 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I can`t belive my eyes! My friends tells me i`m crazy that got 5-6 scents in my collection..
    But this?? What can i say...

Fantastic collections you guys have.
    Last edited by eric; 11th January 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: pic upload problems

Basenotes Plus

Mine are kept on two shelves above my desk, I was going to take pics but you wouldn't have seen everything so I've taken them off the shelf.

Guerlain

Creed

Thierry Mugler

Juliette Has a Gun, Montale & Tom Ford

Jo Malone & Prada

Christian Dior

Vivienne Westwood

Jean Paul Gaultier

YSL & Chanel

Alexander McQueen

Victor & Rolf, Tommy Bahama, Marc Jacobs, The Body Shop and CK
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Got a few more since last time

Last edited by FighterHayabusa; 13th January 2009 at 05:23 AM.

Great thread going here - it's good to see how some peoples' have grown since the previous thread, and also seeing which fragrances seem to get used more (by virtue of being half empty etc). Mine has even grown since my pic back on the first page!

Fighter - what's the bottle behind your Kouros on the left (also on 2nd shelf of JaimeB's first pic)? There were a few of that in other pics I noticed but couldn't work it out.

Cheers,

R
    -
    Top 7 (Feb 2009): Dior Homme (incl Intense & Cologne versions), Penhaligon's Racquets Formula, Kenzo Power, Prada Infusion d'Homme, Gendarme, Guerlain's Veiver & Habit Rouge

Neoty26 and futami, i have no words. Being a classical musician is apparently not the line of work I should be in... hahaha
    Last edited by nthny; 13th January 2009 at 06:11 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichMelb View Post
    Great thread going here - it's good to see how some peoples' have grown since the previous thread, and also seeing which fragrances seem to get used more (by virtue of being half empty etc). Mine has even grown since my pic back on the first page!

Fighter - what's the bottle behind your Kouros on the left (also on 2nd shelf of JaimeB's first pic)? There were a few of that in other pics I noticed but couldn't work it out.

Cheers,

R
    It's Jacques Fath Yang. Here's my review of it:

This smells more green and hay-like (coumarinic) to me than any of the pyramid notes would suggest, I suppose the green tea and cardamom-musk combination might fool my nose into imagining that. This is a very fine and subtly constructed scent. I think some people are put off by the impression that this is not very tea-like; this is immaterial to me, not being much of a tea-scents fan. Edwards calls this a woody-oriental, but it has something of a fougère feel to my nose. I find it to have a moderate sillage for a while, but not an extraordinary longevity. Still, I would rate it a pleasant and nicely constructed scent. I find it somewhat reminiscent of 1998's Fath pour l'Homme (Olivier Gillotin, who also did Cereus No.7, Dior Higher and Higher Black, and the new Ed Hardy Men). I find that same slightly acerbic hay note in Jacques Fath pour l'Homme, too; I do think, however, that I find pour l'Homme slightly preferable to this one.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Cheers - some interesting reviews on that one. I was curious because I saw a lot of it in the last post.

R

Hey folk, we are crazy aren´t we??

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I needed to make room in the closet I had been using before, so I bought a cabinet and wired it up with lights (diodes so they don't get hot). I lined the drawer in the middle with foam that I upholstered with black velvet for samples (still have a blasted box full of manuf. samples too!). Below the shelf is a repeat of the cabinet above, but filled with all the boxes as storage. I'm still going to 'curtain' the frosted glass doors with the same black velvet to keep any light out that makes it through the frosted glass.

I'll tell you - I made it so fun to stand and stare and play with them that it now takes even longer to pick one in the morning.

Your fragrance storage space is like a shining monument to the glory of fragrance
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

WOW IMPRESSIVE! What fragrance do you NOT own
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

JaimeB I love the little army of Serge Lutens bottles

You maybe on to something. I'm thinking that I need to make a top 20 list and get rid of everything else.
    Send me a pvt message if you ever have a fragrance garage sale Futami.

my little collection.
    Last edited by cmax; 15th January 2009 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    my little collection.
    Very attractive.

Jaime, I love your crow (raven?) picture!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Jaime, I love your crow (raven?) picture!
    It's a woodblock print of a raven by a local artist, which my husband admired at an art fair; so I bought it for him, and he decided to hang it there on the bedroom wall.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Last edited by jenson; 23rd February 2009 at 05:14 PM.