Code of Conduct

Exclamation Quick Review on Joop! Thrill and Joop! Electric Heat

Today was a great day for me to receive these two new Joop fragrance in the mail. It was a vacation day and I had nothing better to do then to fully try them.

Joop! Thrill is the new fragrance being released this coming year from Coty Prestige. The bottle is blood red with a gun metal cap. I did provide a picture attachment - sorry for the quality for I took them with my Blackberry. The bottle is very unique in shape in that it swoops up like a wave - starting narrow at the bottom and getting larger at the top.

The scent to me is what Joop Homme would smell like if it was launched today. Again this is going to be a love it or not love it scent. It is very unique and very sweet pierced with a cinnamon note to my nose. The green apple lends a very fruity richness to the overall scent it no way over floral powering as Joop Homme. Very long lasting and very projecting scent - I would not see this one for the office use. It also reminds me some what of Niko for Men the one with magenta colored jus. This shares the same dry amber down dry that Niko's has.

Joop! Electric Heat this is going to be this summer flanker for Joop Homme. I have to admit that each summer this company comes up with a truly different version of their summer scent each year.
    This years is again very sweet! I swear it smell like candied maraschino cherry minus all the spicy cinnamon notes of the regular Homme. The down dry is the same warm amber tones of the original - if you do not mind the sweetness you may like this version it not as spicy/harsh like the original Joop!
    Again this is not a office scent more for clubing. Its long lasting but NOT a sillage blaster like the big brother but projection is there.

I hope this helps giving you an idea of these scents. Do check them out when they are available. These boxes that I received were launch party / event gifts for they are printed on the box not for resale. I'm sure anyone in the industry will know how these gifts are given to sale management launch / press parties. So as of yet these are not available on the market.

Default Re: Quick Review on Joop! Thrill and Joop! Electric Heat

Joop doesn't get a whole lot of respect here, but I'm happy for your receipt of these two. Will have to give them a try.

Thanks Scentimus for sharing your info! I want to tried soon!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to checking out Joop Thrill. I'm very curious to see how it compares longevity-wise to the original Joop.
    Renato

Thrill smells like a mixture of Le Male and Joop Homme to me.

woah thanks scentimus, joop thrill sounds wonderful. i was always a fan of the original yet it had a naeseating quality about it, as it still does obviously lol. its headache inducing yet in small doses is great. does anyway know when its released here in england? thanks. oh and on the topic of joop, joop go does not last!! at all!
    Last edited by avfcdamian92; 28th January 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks for the news. I still like checking out new fragrances to see if they "improved" or are well received.

Scentimus! Have you lost your mind?

Don't go to the dark side. Just say no 'Joop'.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by avfcdamian92 View Post
    woah thanks scentimus, joop thrill sounds wonderful. i was always a fan of the original yet it had a naeseating quality about it, as it still does obviously lol. its headache inducing yet in small doses is great. does anyway know when its released here in england? thanks. oh and on the topic of joop, joop go does not last!! at all!
    Thrill is released on 18th of February.

I'm still waiting for a better Joop than Nightflight (one of my all-time faves). Jump was nice but gave me a searing head-ache, Go smells nearly the same as Jump, and Joop! Homme... lets not go there.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 29th January 2009 at 06:28 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Not a fan of Joop Homme, but a fan of Jump. I know - that'll be my SotD tomorrow in the 44 degree (Celsius) day!

Tried a sample today of Thrill for men in Superdrug.Very sweet and vanilla -like quality.A little synthetic but not headache inducing.Would say more of an evening fragrance.
    Someone says it is similar to the original Nikos for men.Dont really know but on the contents I have just ordered a tester of Nikos as I believe it is hard to find.
    Might invest in Thrill at a later date as it is still quite expensive here in the U.K. £31.50 for a 50ml size!
    funnyboy

£14.99 superdrug this weekend only

Quote Originally Posted by thomas456 View Post
    £14.99 superdrug this weekend only
    wow, thread from january 2009. and you dug it up

I tested it today and I like it but this notes from this scent reminds me of a Tony & Guy shampoo