Code of Conduct

Default YSL Rive Gauche Question

I've heard that YSL Rive Gauche is very versatile. I'm just wondering if it can be worn in all weather conditions?

Default Re: YSL Rive Gauche Question

Yes it most definitely can be worn in all weather conditions.
    It's very popular among the Basenoters especially because of the versatility you have already mentioned.
    It suits not only every weather condotion but also every social situation like work, meeting, family, etc.
    To me Rive Gauche is the typical barbershop smell that is to say gentlemen smell and i think i get this impression because of the way the vetiver and the lavender are blend together.
    Anyway, you should definitely give this one a try.

welcome to BN by the way!
    Last edited by timaru; 3rd January 2009 at 08:01 PM.

I assume that you are speaking of the women's version and not pour Homme. I tend to wear Rive Gauche in warmer weather, but I would not hesitate to wear it year-round. It is a classic floral aldehyde with a cool, silvery, metallic vibe. It is not a summer floral, but rather it is based on classical construction, with aldehydes in the topnotes, a floral heart and woods and vetiver in the base. Some people find it a bit harsh and older formulations are smoother, particularly the vintage parfum, which I definitely wear year-round.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

Well, maybe we are speaking of the men's and not the women's! Either way, the answer appears to be the same.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

I don"t know mate, below 35 C I didn't recognise anything from this wonderful scent:-)

It depends...
    pour femme: yes, certainly year round...blends well with most people's chemistry to produce a very natural smell.
    pour home: I would say no...barber shop with a metallic vibe. I wouldn't buy it as my only frag.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I wouldn't wear Rive Gauche pour homme in the summer... but you could if you really wanted to. Just go easy on the trigger, it's pretty strong stuff.
    Sales thread here

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    I wouldn't wear Rive Gauche pour homme in the summer... but you could if you really wanted to. Just go easy on the trigger, it's pretty strong stuff.
    Rive Gauche is a great summer scent, and i am saying this from a 30-35 degree (year-round) clime. However, I totally second L'aventurier's wise advice about the amount spritzed.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I agree with the others who have said wear it whenever you want but be cautious that you don't overspray.

Blog Entries

yep. brilliantly versatile.....glorious in the summer, and great in the winter!

Yeah, I wear it all year around with great pleasure.