Code of Conduct

Thread: '70's Avon

Default '70's Avon

Now I'm obsessed. I know there was an Avon fragrance that I liked when I was a kid in the '70's that is not in the basenotes listing. I think I had a cologne and a talc of it at some point and I seem to remember red in the packaging. I know this isn't much to go on, but does this ring any bells with anyone?

Blog Entries

Default Re: '70's Avon

Here is a link to a long, long list of Avon fragrances. The men's are toward the bottom. Hopefully one will ring a bell for you.

http://auntjudysattic.com/Avon_Facts.htm
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Thanks so much! I think it might have been Cordovan, but the date of 1983 seems a bit late. I think I was still a teenager when I had the one I'm trying to recall, which would have been the '70's. Very Puzzling. Hmm.

I FOUND IT!!! It was Trazarra! Does anybody but me remember this one? It's not even listed in the basenotes directory!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I think it was Cavalier it came in a red box and the jus was deep red amber color.

The scent was spicy and a better version of Pierre Cardin.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Yes, except I had the after shave and talc set, which I also just found online for the same price. I'm trying to decide which one to buy. I'm excited! I hope I still like this stuff. I haven't smelled it since I was in high school!

I received Trazarra today with a cologne lot and it really stands out as a surprise. Very difficult to describe. A bit powdery with incense, but also lightly sweet. It really is quite divine.

I've now tried a few of the really old ones. Leather Cologne is really great if you want and old/soft leather with aldehydes; lasts a long time and have good projection. Wild Country is like Canoe. Seven is similar to Azzaro Pour Homme but not as strong/sharp, and with less (if any) of the anise. Black Suede is an ambery/spicy scent with mild wood.

This summer I found a full bottle of the Wild Country in a beautiful glass tobacco pipe bottle at a garage sale. Picked it up for a couple bucks! I tried to post a picture but it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    This summer I found a full bottle of the Wild Country in a beautiful glass tobacco pipe bottle at a garage sale. Picked it up for a couple bucks! I tried to post a picture but it isn't working.
    I loved those old glass decanters. I had one in the shape of a sports car, and another in the shape of a poodle.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've now tried a few of the really old ones. Leather Cologne is really great if you want and old/soft leather with aldehydes; lasts a long time and have good projection. Wild Country is like Canoe. Seven is similar to Azzaro Pour Homme but not as strong/sharp, and with less (if any) of the anise. Black Suede is an ambery/spicy scent with mild wood.
    I still like Black Suede and my dad used to wear Wild Country sometimes my mom would get it for him (I'd sneak a little now and then when a teenager) I also remember Trazzara

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I loved those old glass decanters. I had one in the shape of a sports car, and another in the shape of a poodle.
    And the sizes could be monstrous. For example, I have an extra 8 ounce bottle of the Leather Cologne. I can't imagine ever using it because I have another bottle of the same size!

Received the frag Undeniable today (actually an 80's scent, but figured this thread was as good as any to keep this going...). The box says "inspired by Billy Dee Williams." It should say "inspired by Caron," as it reminds me of Third Homme.

Still trying to find that Avon "Boss Number One" clone -- if it exists.
    Last edited by atrac; 20th March 2014 at 05:48 PM.