Code of Conduct

Default Something Similar to Gucci Pour Homme II

I recently had an opportunity to try out Gucci Pour Homme II and I actually really like it. There something about it that seems wholly unique, yet it still reminds me of a lot of other frags. The only problem is it seams sort of quiet, and remains far to linear for my tastes. It sort of just sits there and I find that I became bored of it after a few hours. I'm looking for something that still has those wonderful woods and tea notes, but may be a little more intense (?). I have tried Tea for Two and it was far too smokey for my tastes, and I own Bulgari pour Homme, and thats really as far as my knowledge of tea scents reaches. There's something in GPHII that reminds me of Opus 1870 and I'm assuming its cedar, even though I don't see it listed in the notes, but I like it far better in GPHII. Any help is much appreciated guys!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 3rd January 2009 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: Something Similar to Gucci Pour Homme II

I was about to suggest the Opus 1870...

Encre Noir also seems to have that similar woody character.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...ection=1&rv=on

Jade by Olivier Durbano is what I believe will please you. It is very tea and very Gucci Pour Homme 2.

I think I'd combine Cuba Red and Red Tea by Bvlgari if I wanted a PH2 effect, since I have both of them already. I'd spray the Red Tea a bit higher on the chest than CR.

Lalique Pour Homme Equus would be what you're looking for.

Also L'Artisian's Tea for Two.

Edit : Oh, Sorry, you had allready mentioned that one!
    Last edited by Noalick; 4th January 2009 at 12:37 PM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Thank you all for the recs. I will look in to all of them. The Olivier Durbano sounds interesting, but for some reason Luckyscent isn't working. I placed an order for samples on Friday night, and for some reason it wont add anything to my shopping cart, it just brings up my last order. Really weird. Again thanks all, keep em' coming!

I would have to agree that Gucci PHII wants to be as good as Lalique Equus with an Opus 1870 drydown. Checkout Endymion. I find it to be Opus' somewhat hipper, younger cousin. Not as sharp an opening as the Gucci PHII, but has a more complex and well blended feeling.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I will always second a recommendation for Endymion. Love it.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I don't really care for Endymion, though I loved it at first. It just seems to me like a watered down Gourmand. Obviously that's due to the EDC intensity but even so I found myself getting bored with it soon. I placed an order for a sample of Jade, and if I can find a sample of Equus I'll get that too. I like the smell of Opus but it seems incredibly linear, and in my opinion at least it needs something else to "brighten" the woodiness. That's why I like GPHII, I love the violet notes mixed with the cedar.

To me, Hugo Boss Dark Blue and Sander for Man are very similar to Gucci pour Homme II.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile View Post
    Jade by Olivier Durbano is what I believe will please you. It is very tea and very Gucci Pour Homme 2.
    A great recommendation - I totally agree. Jade is slightly more minty at the top and the GPHII is a tad sweeter. But they're in the same classification (category) for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    A great recommendation - I totally agree. Jade is slightly more minty at the top and the GPHII is a tad sweeter. But they're in the same classification (category) for sure.
    YAY! I ordered a sample and you guys are just making me anticipate it more!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I recently had an opportunity to try out Gucci Pour Homme II and I actually really like it. There something about it that seems wholly unique, yet it still reminds me of a lot of other frags. The only problem is it seams sort of quiet, and remains far to linear for my tastes. It sort of just sits there and I find that I became bored of it after a few hours. I'm looking for something that still has those wonderful woods and tea notes, but may be a little more intense (?). I have tried Tea for Two and it was far too smokey for my tastes, and I own Bulgari pour Homme, and thats really as far as my knowledge of tea scents reaches. There's something in GPHII that reminds me of Opus 1870 and I'm assuming its cedar, even though I don't see it listed in the notes, but I like it far better in GPHII. Any help is much appreciated guys!
    I absolutely LOVE Gucci Pour Homme 2 and find absolutely no fault with it.

I've always found Dzing similar to Gucci PH II, but without the tea note.