Code of Conduct

Default Versace Pour Homme, D&G Light Blue, Armani AdG et al.

So I've recently embarked on that journey that happens every 18-24 months.

The search for a new scent. It's 2009, I've freshened the wardrobe a bit, am in much better shape (down 40lbs.) than I was a year ago and my career has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years. I'm also less than 2 months away from turning the dreaded three-O..., yes 30. I'm a young, trendy (at least I would say so.., most of by business-casual wardrobe is Banana Republic and Express), mid level manager for a large and financially successful biotech. I don't like having a bathroom full of bottles and prefer to stick with one good-for-everything fragrance that is "just me."

That being said..., I'm currently wearing D&G, Light Blue Pour Homme. I had a bottle of their older stuff that I wore prior to this..., my wife wears the female version which I love..., so I thought I'd give it a try (that was nearly 18 months ago.) It was a nice fresh frag that I could wear to work, out and about and always received compliments. I'm sure a bagillion people own it by now but I still get the "i love that smell..., what are you wearing." It also reminds me of single life, circa 2000 when I was wearing Aqua Di Gio like every other man on earth. Except this seemed a bit more "musky" or is it "manly?" In any case, my recent search has ended but I'm just not sure I'm happy. I wanted something that was still light enough to wear during the day but masculine enough so that I don't feel like I'm wearing something made for my wife or something made for a guy who's 22.

I settled on Versace Pour Homme. I'm not IN LOVE with it by any means..., but it works. It also smells an awful lot like the AdG which many dispute. The odd thing is..., sephora.com classifies it as a "woody-oriental" but it seems so much like a "fresh-aqua." Hmmmm.... Interesting....

Has anyone smelled this? Does it seem a bit feminine? Does the light aqua'ness wear off a bit..., maybe just floating me through a morning meeting and turning into a lighter woodsy scent by noon? I'm curious because at first smell..., (to my untrained nose) this seems A LOT lighter smelling that the D&G, Light Blue Pour Homme.

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme, D&G Light Blue, Armani AdG et al.

Myself and others think Versace PH is way more than just another aqua..you really have to have a full wearing or a few. It develops and becomes a classy, all around scent to wear. Instead of going into details again, here is a good thread where it is discussed in detail. Good luck branching out and I hope you find something you love

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ace+Pour+Homme
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme, D&G Light Blue, Armani AdG et al.

Has anyone smelled this? Does it seem a bit feminine? Does the light aqua'ness wear off a bit..., maybe just floating me through a morning meeting and turning into a lighter woodsy scent by noon? I'm curious because at first smell..., (to my untrained nose) this seems A LOT lighter smelling that the D&G, Light Blue Pour Homme.
    I haven't tried Versace myself but I was planning 2.

Joop Jump is not an aquatic, but is extremely fresh,like a fresh version of Le Male but still different. With very good silage and longevity. It's not really light though, fresh but not light.

Another one is David Beckham Signature, that's a nice aquatic.

Prada infusion D'homme is shower-fresh and very good. It's light too.
    Last edited by brianroy; 4th January 2009 at 10:26 PM.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full