Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I don't think Lot numbers mean anything on Creed

Fragrancenet shipped my MI and GIT today and so I will add my lot numbers, which bottle they came in and how long I can detect it and my impressions and append onto this thread.

Just to add a small bit...
    I have had most of the male and unisex Creed scents over the years and still have many of them.
    Some 4oz, some 2.5oz and some 1oz factory bottles and several decants of varying sizes up to 2oz. .
    Some have been purchased from authorized retailers/e-tailers. some from online discount sites, some obtained from BN friends, and some, (carefully) from E-Bay.
    I have NEVER paid attention to a lot #, a serial #, born on date, etc. All are authentic, all smell fine and all EXCEPT one have lasted perfectly for as long as I have had them.

The one that "got away"..... MI and only the top notes. After 10-15 minutes, it still smells fine.
    This is a 1oz factory bottle from an authorized e-tailer bought in 2004 and it just went off this year.
    FWIW it was initially stored in it's box in a dark cabinet and then transferred to a refrigerator for the last 3 years.
    Hopefully, this helps someone.

Steve, in a post above, said "My GIT has LOT A3208E01." Mine is the same except it ends in 02. Gotten from Fragrancenet with no date embossed on back, 4 oz black bottle. Lot number is on the reverse side of the bottle, at the lip that is at the bottom of the reverse side, not the bottom of the bottle. Wife says it smells legit. I think so as well.

My 4 oz Imperial is in the clear bottle, same location of the lot number, and is A3308F01. Seems legit, and a metallic note as well, but wife says it is legit. Dreamahawkus wrote above that he had the same serial number. Now this packaging has 2004 embossed on back. I see a white sticker on the side of the box that has the ingredients and the lot number as well.
    Last edited by finsfan; 8th January 2009 at 11:40 PM.

^Looks like we may not have cracked any code at all.
    The plot thickens...
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Steve, in a post above, said "My GIT has LOT A3208E01." Mine is the same except it ends in 02. Gotten from Fragrancenet with no date embossed on back, 4 oz black bottle. Lot number is on the reverse side of the bottle, at the lip that is at the bottom of the reverse side, not the bottom of the bottle. Wife says it smells legit. I think so as well.

My 4 oz Imperial is in the clear bottle, same location of the lot number, and is A3308F01. Seems legit, and a metallic note as well, but wife says it is legit. Dreamahawkus wrote above that he had the same serial number. Now this packaging has 2004 embossed on back. I see a white sticker on the side of the box that has the ingredients and the lot number as well.

I still think the most important is does it smell good?

I have two Creeds with serial numbers ending in 01, and those are Bois Du Portugal and Millesime Imperial (clear bottle). Both smell excellent. In fact, my Bois Du Portugal is more intense than the official sample tube that I have from Neiman's.

By the way, I own six Creeds total and all but one of them came from Fragrancenet.com.
    GIT, SMW, HIM, MI, BDP, AA

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    Will all readers examine this line and evaluate their purchases or would-be purchases from the house in light of it?

I post this now because this thread is already at the top of the forum and I won't thus be bumping it up all over again.

There are currently multiple threads about authenticity from this house, about member paranoia about their products of the house, and other issues devoid of thought about the quality of the smell of whatever products. That's too much.

Many long-standing extremely experienced members have posted to these threads offering their insights and help. Please examine the threads for this thoughtful reflection before posting further to the threads. Otherwise members's efforts to help is all in vain.

MOST IMPORTANT:
    Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Cool Re: I don't think Lot numbers mean anything on Creed

The SA at the SAKS I frequent says that they DON'T reflect the year of manufacture...I had asked previously about this exact question! Apparently, he had had reps. from CREED visiting his store later that week, and had asked them my question pertaining to LOT #'s, to which they replied that '08 at the end of the LOT # DID NOT mean it was manufactured in 2008....(they didn't give him an answer to what it DID mean, but it definitely was NOT the year of manufacture). I think all us retail CREED buyers are just trying to justify paying $225 for a bottle, even though the reason we're paying it is to ensure that we're getting the real deal, and not some BS product...even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking: "would people REALLY go through the difficulty of uncrimping the top of the bottles just to empty them and put what in the bottles (?)?? That's a whole lot of unbelievably tedious work just to make a few bucks! Like I've read in previous "fake CREED posts: if you're in question of the validity of a source, just suck it up and buy retail! It's the ONLY guarantee you've got! I've bought a one oz. and a 4oz of SMW and the LOT # on both boxes have matched the imprint on the back of the respective bottles...so there!

hey, that's cool by me!