Code of Conduct

Default Bois de Santal - does this still exist?

When I was in bergdorf other day they said they never heard of it and thought I was mistaken for BdP or BdC

I said now it was a sandalwood, so then they pointed me to Santal Imperial and Original Santal

I said I am sure I know it existed at one point maybe it is discontinued. They just looked at me like I was nuts.

so I dropped it.

Does it ever existed? I am curious to try this one out? I am sort of on a sandalwood kick

Default Re: Bois de Santal - does this still exist?

I think it was a limited edition.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I MAY be totally crazy, but I think I saw it at Saks in New Orleans... I was there for two weeks and I think I sampled every Creed they had in that time, and I vaguely remember it. Again, I may totally mistaken, but the SA who ran the counter was really great, and if she can't get it, it's not out there.

well it sounds amazing from the review ztop gave it in the directory

i am close to purchasing Tam Dao, but wanted to look at this one first if I can get my hands on it

I tried Santal Imperial and was not very crazy about it, was too light seems to need about 5-7 sprays in just one spot to smell anything
    Last edited by denec; 6th January 2009 at 04:30 AM.

I've got it. It is great. Probably my favorite sandalwood.

It is part of the Creed Private Collection, and is only available in the 8 oz flacons. (other than the tester bottles, which is what I have)

"If she can't get it, then it's not out there" is a statement begging to be disproven. In fact, if she didn't have any information about Bois de Santal, then I'd doubt her expertise...at least when it comes to Creed.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Basenotes Directory link here; it says it's still in production. I have looked at Creeds a lot at Neiman's, and I don't ever recall seeing it. Hmmm, a poser... Also, I checked the Creed UK website, and I don't find it listed there at all.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 6th January 2009 at 06:07 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Bois de Santal was a limited edition. I think it may still be in very limited production, but these kind of low volume fragrances are produced in batches relatively infrequently. It was distributed in the USA and was available in France, it has never been distributed in the UK.I have a flacon, it is very beautiful, a little like Bois Des Iles. It has a wonderful old style lemon top note with aldehydes and a rich sandalwood accord. The heart has just a very little touch of the real oil I think. I would love to have smelled this a few decades ago when the Santalum Album (mysore sandalwood) was easilly available. It must have been absolutely stunning. Still a fabulous perfume now though, my favourite sandalwod other than Bois des Iles extrait.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

so basically no way i can buy it from retail unless i am lucky to find it in marketplace or ebay

To clarify, when I said of the Saks NOLA Creed SA "if she can't get it, it's not out there", I meant that this particular SA was very, very dedicated to what she did, and from what I could tell she kept tabs on all the limited editions and which stores, globally, had what in stock. When I asked about something she didn't have in stock, she knew exactly where to order it from if I wanted it. If Bois de Santal is still available at the retail level via an official Creed chanel, there's a strong chance this woman knows about it. It's worth a call to that store, at least. I dug through my collection of SAs business cards trying to find her name, but I can't locate it. Perhaps you should just ask if she's the main Creed rep at the store (they only had one).

I think you will find it if you persist.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

If you find yourself desparate for it, you could call the Creed store in Paris to see if they have it. They had a huge selection there and I imagine if anyone had it they would. They are more than willing to ship anywhere in the world. Might be costly, but it would work.

I never even smelled it, it just sounds so well done based on the reviews from zztop

I am not sure if I should go through all this trouble for a blind buy, but then again if I do not like it sure I can sell it

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    If you find yourself desparate for it, you could call the Creed store in Paris to see if they have it. They had a huge selection there and I imagine if anyone had it they would. They are more than willing to ship anywhere in the world. Might be costly, but it would work.
    does anyone know french? i doubt they speak english

i also sent an email to the creed website, the lady on that site has always been helpful to me maybe she can track one down for me

HI, Staff in creed shop speak English quite well!
    I wouldn't bet on being able to sell it easilly, as it is not very well known and like you, people don't want to spend big on a blind purchase so definitely sniff first. I pretty sure I saw some samples on ebay.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    HI, Staff in creed shop speak English quite well!
    I wouldn't bet on being able to sell it easilly, as it is not very well known and like you, people don't want to spend big on a blind purchase so definitely sniff first. I pretty sure I saw some samples on ebay.

Actually performed court has samples

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...ISESANTAL.aspx

while i am here think going to put an order for some amouage gold as well

i know this is going offtopic but maybe someone knows i heard amouage gold reformulate recently i wonder if performed court has the reformulated or the old one? i want to try the reformulated, or the one they sell in the stores

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I've got it. It is great. Probably my favorite sandalwood.

It is part of the Creed Private Collection, and is only available in the 8 oz flacons. (other than the tester bottles, which is what I have)

"If she can't get it, then it's not out there" is a statement begging to be disproven. In fact, if she didn't have any information about Bois de Santal, then I'd doubt her expertise...at least when it comes to Creed.
    Scentronic, you are one lucky bastard! I swear I'm envious! You have Bois de Santal AND Feuille Vert!?

I thought it was a saks exclusive (in the US, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Scentronic, you are one lucky bastard! I swear I'm envious! You have Bois de Santal AND Feuille Vert!?
    Yes, and I keep them in a solid gold, temperature-controlled humidor, which is guarded by two albino tigers and a laser security system. Should the tigers actually become slain and the lasers bypassed, a third, secret mechanism triggers a sequence of mechanical devices that rise out of the floor, walls, and ceiling, which entrap you in a situation not unlike something you might have seen in the horror movie series, "Saw". I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Well I called a few Saks across the country and none of them had any

So out of curioisty what do you think of Tam Dao in comparison? Or no comparison?

I did wear out my sample i only had a 1 ml sample and I did enjoy it. But i had no other sandalwood to compare it to except santal imperial which I was not that impressed with

Yes, and I keep them in a solid gold, temperature-controlled humidor, which is guarded by two albino tigers and a laser security system. Should the tigers actually become slain and the lasers bypassed, a third, secret mechanism triggers a sequence of mechanical devices that rise out of the floor, walls, and ceiling, which entrap you in a situation not unlike something you might have seen in the horror movie series, "Saw". I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
    Lol! As I am sitting here, thinking about what I can write. I realize I have nothing witty to rebut with. Touche Scentronic, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I thought it was a saks exclusive (in the US, that is).
    If that is the case, the first place I would call would be the Saks flagship store.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    If that is the case, the first place I would call would be the Saks flagship store.
    I called a few including the one in NYC and none had

Quote Originally Posted by scentronic View Post
    yes, and i keep them in a solid gold, temperature-controlled humidor, which is guarded by two albino tigers and a laser security system. Should the tigers actually become slain and the lasers bypassed, a third, secret mechanism triggers a sequence of mechanical devices that rise out of the floor, walls, and ceiling, which entrap you in a situation not unlike something you might have seen in the horror movie series, "saw". I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
    lol!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Lattafa Ameer Al-Oudh EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke

isnt this the same scent which uses Mysore Sandalwood? and now that cutting of Sandalwood trees in Mysore is banned(for quite some time)...production cud be stalled for the time being...just a speculation. pls do not crucify.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    I called a few including the one in NYC and none had
    Try contacting the Creed distributor then
    Last edited by surreality; 6th January 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Come near my flacons, and I will f**k you up, b*tch:

There is one review of it in the Basenotes directory.

In it, reviewer zztopp noted: Bois de Santal (BdS), technically a part of the Creed private collection, is exclusive to Harrods in London and Saks in NYC.

So those are the two places to check!

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    Come near my flacons, and I will f**k you up, b*tch:

Priceless!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Well I did find one place that had it but the price is crazy!

they wanted $300 for a 1.7 oz limited edition atomizer plus shipping and tax

no way I am not spending that much, I thought it would be around $300 for the 8 oz flacon