Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Lovers - New Haarlem or So New York and why

If you had money to buy only one bottle, which one would you buy? New Haarlem or So New York? Why?

It seems to me that New Haarlem is almost universally loved. I can't find many reviews about So New York.

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Lovers - New Haarlem or So New York and why

New Haarlem, but I never smelled the other one, so I'm not really answering. New Haarlem is one of those undemandingly nice, comfy fragrances. Always pleasing, instead of a fragrance that I have to be in the mood for. Then again, I haven't bought it yet - I'll probably just get a decant at the end of the month, when the official budget allows - so apparently I don't love it _that_ strongly.

Crayfish

New Haarlem is a comfort, roasted coffee scent, without sugar. So New York has a coffee note buried underneath a gallon of candy floss and a hint of asparagus.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th January 2009 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    New Haarlem, but I never smelled the other one, so I'm not really answering. New Haarlem is one of those undemandingly nice, comfy fragrances. Always pleasing, instead of a fragrance that I have to be in the mood for. Then again, I haven't bought it yet - I'll probably just get a decant at the end of the month, when the official budget allows - so apparently I don't love it _that_ strongly.

Crayfish
    Completely agree. I don't own it either, but I remember of being semi-hypnotized when I first smelled it

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I'm jumping on the New Haarlem bandwagon. So New York is just too darn sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Thank you friends. I was most impressed with New Haarlem. On the same visit to Saks I also tried Lexington Ave. and So New York. I found the other two pleasant but sweet. When I went back to smell the cards I was not sure which one was Lexington or New York. I went back to the store and tried them again, but So New York must have been oblitarated by the Kilians I tried the same day.

I found a New Haarlem tester at www.1stperfume.com for $114.00 with free shipping and pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 7th January 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Bond No. 9 Lovers - New Haarlem or So New York and why

For you, I would suggest So New York and New Haarlem for a male in your life. i personally love new haarlem on men.

Quote Originally Posted by penelope99 View Post
    For you, I would suggest So New York and New Haarlem for a male in your life. i personally love new haarlem on men.
    Thanks Penelope. I definitely should give So New York another try, when I am not distracted by 5 other perfumes. It deserves its own test day.

As for New Haarlem, I should have my husband try it. I know it is popular with the men at Basenotes.

The first time I tried it at Saks, the SA was recommending I buy it because David Beckham had been to the store the day before and bought 5 bottles. I thought it was funny that she used that as part of the sales pitch.