Code of Conduct

Default KORRES - Saffron / Amber / Agarwood / Cardamom

Hi - Ive been away for a bit over the holidays - hope everyone had a stellar new year

When visiting Athens, I saw the launch of the 3 new Korres fragrances, and was really rather taken with their men's edt offering: Saffron / Amber / Agarwood / Cardamom

Ive just written a short blog about it (after an extended hiatus!) Follow the link in my siggy for more.

Has anyone also tried and worn this, and what are your impressions?

I think this is one M7 enthusiasts might enjoy (Jack Mack - I'm looking at you!)
    Great price point, and natural botanicals.... what more could we ask for (except for a more blog-friendly fragrance name)???
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 8th January 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: KORRES - Saffron / Amber / Agarwood / Cardamom

Welcome back Dimitri - yes, I actually thought about this particular one of the three, since it sounded like it might be the most exciting in the line. Your descriptions sound like it's much stronger than their Body Waters and yet not too strong, especially when dealing with agarwood/amber which can get cloying in the heat. I personally don't like M7 due to it's harshness, so perhaps this is a cheap wearable alternative?

Would you draw any comparisions at all to Oud Wood by Tom Ford?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 8th January 2009 at 05:22 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

welcome back Dimi.

on Korres, seems like a house i shud look into. thnx!

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

very interested to try this, i've been a fan of their skincare for a while now. that said, saffron isnt always my favourite note, and i've found the fragrances in their skin products somewhat hit-and-miss - the white tea facial wash is delicate and lovely, the ginseng face cleanser and borage moisturiser are just fine, but the Rum and juniper showergel can be overpowering if you're in the wrong mood (or have a rum-and-gin based hangover - truly distressing!) and the cedar body milk is a bit too almost-rotting-leaf-mulchy some days.

that said, i love the agarwood note in m7 (despite m7 being a touch too sweet for me sometimes) so i'm intruiged to try the cardomom/amber/saffron twist on it.

i'm going out to buy some of their yoghurt moisturiser probably next week, i'll try and report back on this one!

I tried both the Saffron and the Jasmine(unisex),Saffron dissapeared after 15 minutes and the Jasmine was too boring.
    The packaging(as all the Korres products) is one of the best in the market.

Mike, Id definitey say that the Korres product is more perhaps that which M7 Fresh ought to have been.
    The sticky sweet medicinal vibe is taken down a notch or two... on me, just one or two light puffs on my hand lasted approx 2 hours. My guess is that the absence of chemicals used in modern perfumery to lengthen a perfume's persistence means that the Korres product can maybe be treated as a "Fraiche"-esque concentration. (I believe instead they use the food-grade preservative Rosmarinus officinalis - Rosemary). The cardamom, and agarwood let it linger well though.

As for Oud Wood - the Tom Ford is a little sharper/refined with regard to its treatment of agarwood/oud... in a kind of "cold chemical" way. The Korres I feel better represents the wood in a botanical way... again, its akin to the agarwood in M7 - this is the best reference point I can use.
    Best you give it a try.

Itsthepens, I look forward to your insights too.

Giannis - shame it was so fleeting on you. I think at that price though, you can be really rather liberal with its application. An oud scent for summer, perhaps?
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 8th January 2009 at 06:12 PM.

A shameless bump here, as I'm delighted to have finally received a bottle of this as a gift on the weekend when friends visited me from Athens. I'm still in raptures over this Korres release.

Itsthepens, did you try this yet, as you'd originally planned?

I also enjoyed the very interesting, tactile packaging for this edt. Ive snapped a series of pics and posted them below.

Here are some formula facts, as declared on the box:

86.5% Natural content
    NO Mineral Oil
    NO Silicone
    NO Parabens
    NO Propylene Glycol
    NO Ethanolamines
    NO PEG
    No Sulfates
    NO Phthalates
    NO Synthetic dye
    YES fragrance
    NO Nitro Musks
    NO PCM-compounds
    YES Alcohol
    NO Retinol / AHAs
    NO Wheat
    NO Nuts
    NO Animal By-products
    NO Animal Testing
    YES Suitable for Vegans

Loving the packaging.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Basenotes Institution

Korres has such top notch graphic design/packaging/marketing. Very impressive.

Enjoy your new bottle. Wondering if this has a US release yet??

Thanks Mike - you can see the new edt products on the Korres website so it may be worth visiting their Store locator links to see if you can get it either online locally or in a bricks and mortar outlet.

I own the korres saffron amber eau de toilette for men and i think its an outstanding frag. Its delicious and makes wonders . On me it stays for a full day subtle and crispy. It reminds me M7 and Mechant Loup.
    The price is 37 eyros for the 100ml

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dalailama1 View Post
    I own the korres saffron amber eau de toilette for men and i think its an outstanding frag. Its delicious and makes wonders . On me it stays for a full day subtle and crispy. It reminds me M7 and Mechant Loup.
    The price is 37 eyros for the 100ml
    Mechant Loup? Really? Is there a discernable honey note in the Korres?

Im not personally getting a big Merchant Loup vibe Mike - no honey to speak of IMO.

I received my bottle earlier this week. It is an excellent scent, much different in vibe than M7. I think the reference to Merchant Loup comes from the Saffron note that has that sweet honeyed hay thing going on that Saffron exudes. The longevity was fairly good for me, and I found it to change as the day went along. It does have a "fresh" vibe to it, meaning I think it can be worn during warmer months and never felt cloying.

Anyone know a place that ships this to Canada?

I think www.korres.com has an online store, as well as global store locations.

they dont ship to The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I think www.korres.com has an online store, as well as global store locations.
    It looks like they have an online store, but it doesn't appear to be operative.

I got mine off of ebay. There's a seller in Greece who ships internationally--took 17 days for it to reach me in Las Vegas. When I provided feedback the other day, she still had a few available.

For those of you in NYC, there is a fabulous Korres shop in Soho at 110 Wooster Street. I can't wait to try the three new fragrances.

Default KORRES - Saffron / Amber / Agarwood / Cardamom

I dont find the option to buy
    Korres Saffron Amber , perfume in Korres website !?!?

Other Stores Online ?

Thanks !
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    It looks like they have an online store, but it doesn't appear to be operative.
    The only place I could find it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270343113168
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

*BUMP*

Any reliable places for Canucks to buy or sample this?

I'm gonna try and take a look at the Ogilvy's here in MTL and see if they have it at the Korres counter. As far as I know, it's not available for us poor Canadians just yet. I'll report back soon.
    Sales thread here

Im still trying to understand M7
    step by step I guess
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Bought myself a bottle of this fragrance from Athens airport. My initial impressions were that it smelled excellent on the korres test spray stripe, excellent botanical agarwood with soft cardamom without being cloying nor owerpowering. Being labeled as 38€ for 100ml, I couldn't resist of getting myself a bottle.
    Regarding longevity, unfortunately after having tested this on my skin for a full week I have come to same conclusion as giannis. This fragrance is indeed fleeing on the skin (or at least on mine). I think it should be labeled as a cologne, as it is maximum fraiche concentrated liquid. Neither did it last on a cloth, maximum 2-3h.
    Last edited by MemoryServes; 4th September 2009 at 08:52 AM.

I bought this blind, the only blind buy since months, so I'm rather happy with the result.
    I also think it's a shy version of M7, nothing fresh or sparkling like M7 Fresh though.
    If Duro is the perfume version of M7, this is the Eau de Cologne version of M7.
    I like M7 and all it's clones.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

^ ^ ^ ummm...ok

Anyways, I purchased this last weekend, and it really reminded me of Oud Wood but with more cardamom. This could just be my newest holy grail
    Last edited by scent; 21st April 2010 at 10:33 AM.

I just wanted to let anybody who is interested in this fragrance and knows where to get it, know that it has been discontinued. Korres will also no longer be marketing their men's line of products, at least not in the US. Whatever they have left is available at their online store for 60% off. (50% + a 10% coupon code, which is visible on their homepage.) I've always liked this company's products, but they've always made random (and mostly bad) business decisions.

I just wanted to let anybody who is interested in this fragrance and knows where to get it, know that it has been discontinued. Korres will also no longer be marketing their men's line of products, at least not in the US. Whatever they have left is available at their online store for 60% off. (50% + a 10% coupon code, which is visible on their homepage.) I've always liked this company's products, but they've always made random (and mostly bad) business decisions.
    Wow, that's a good deal on this fine scent.

On me it's got a great metallic drydown which I think is the cardamom. Awesome scent in all ways. I still think about and give thanks to the BNer who got me into this.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I certainly hope that this isn't true of the UK.... this is a range I really like, so it looks like I may need to stockpile some!!

Still love this one - Ill be sure to get another bottle. Thanks Tonyprince.

Just got this in the post today... a very, very nice scent and unbelievable for the price. I am not sure about overseas shipping but any UK basenoters might be interested in this offer. I am certainly tempted to get a couple more bottles at that price!

http://www.thehut.com/korres-saffron...1a8&affil=awin

Double post!