Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Burr gives Sweet Lime Cedar by Jo Malone & Green by Byredo four stars

...Sweet Lime & Cedar...recaptures the essence of the brand. Its perfumer, Beverley Bayne, has created a mesmerizing scent that is a virtual template of what made Jo Malone so successful. It is light and English, a fresh membrane wrapped around a dark core — in this case, a lime habillage surrounding a cedar center...

...Byredo’s overriding principle is absolute clarity. Take Green, a perfume that is at once abstract and concrete. How is that possible? Well, in order to smell like a color (which is impossible), it has to be abstract. But in perfume, colors are very specific. Green, for example, represents spring, plants, new growth. The perfume...succeeds on both levels...

You can read the full reviews on the NYT Style Magazine online here.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Burr gives Sweet Lime Cedar by Jo Malone & Green by Byredo four stars

I like both these scents, so I'm glad the great man agrees with me!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Burr gives Sweet Lime Cedar by Jo Malone & Green by Byredo four stars

Sweet lime and Cedar sounds good. Everyday I'm finding new love for Jo Malone.

Basenotes Institution

I was really underwhelmed by Sweet Lime & Cedar - I wore it twice and each time the lime almost instantly disappeared (and it wasn't 'sweet' at all on my skin). Cedar? Yes! But I really wanted something more lime prominent on my skin, you know something like Virgin Island Water.

I smelled the Green once on a tester strip and I could hardly smell anything. This is one I need to retest. i'd be interested to see what Burr thinks of the other scent in the line, Pulp.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

i have always maintained Byredo green happens to be one of the most "green" scent out there. as green as mehendi (mehendi is a paste(henna leaves) indian girls use as body art on an auspicious occasion, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna). its pretty thick and intense on application and stays that way for quite long. sillage and staying power is definitely good.
    Last edited by jenson; 8th January 2009 at 07:21 PM.

Basenotes Institution

My opinion on Sweet Lime & Cedar has not changed. Joe gave me a new sample that I've been wearing here-and-there for the past month (gym, lounging around the house) and it's just so boring and forgettable. I like both cedar and lime notes but this combo proves to be too pedestrian for my tastes.

Anyone know any other cedar/lime scents?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Among those who don't agree with Burr's opinion on these two scents.

How is the longevity of Sweet Lime & Cedar for you? I want to enjoy Jo Malone scents but they always disappear so quickly. I'm fine with linear smells (especially if the line in question is cedar...YUM) but yeah, anyway.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Basenotes Institution

Below average longevity, which is sort of what I expect from JM scents.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Rats. I wish she would come out with something that wouldn't just piddle away in a few hours.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Just got a sample of this one (along with about 6 other JM samples the SA handed me without me even asking for anything) and I'm looking forward to trying it. Jo Malone stuff has been hit or miss with me, and I'm having a terrible time finding any decent lime scents. TF Azure Lime was a bit of a dud, and the Penhaligon's Lime extract was gone from my skin in a flash. From previous posts in this thread it looks as if I will need to temper my expectations with this one.