Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Frags hated by many BNers that you like, and why.

I love Cool Water and Unforgivable even though many here hate them because they are cheaper wannabe's of their beloved Creed scents.

They smell good and the price is right for me thats all that matters in my book.

Cool Water, for I have to admit it is quite original for the year it was released.
    Le Male proved a surprise, I found the dry down very nice.
    B*Men: I like Avon's Woody Musk, B*Men is its complex version.
    Adddition: I forgot about Mennen's Skin Bracer! Add the original scent dodorant to it and it is a smasher... LOL
    Last edited by Pollux; 3rd December 2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Addition

Many Basenoters happen not to like or at least, are neutral, about YSL PH Concentree, but I love it, because it has style and is one of the best classic (old-school, conservatively elegant) citrus frags around.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 5th December 2009 at 10:46 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey
    - because it's different and I appreciate 'edgy originals'.

I still like cKone.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Stetson is girly as hell, and it smells great.

Not a fragrance as such but I really enjoy the smell of Aqua Velva Musk aftershave (the orange-colored one).

It's not hated by any means, but I've never gotten the Terre d"Hermes backlash that followed its initial celebration. It's never been my favorite frag, but I love it as well as I did when I got it over a year ago. Versatile and incredibly wearable.

La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL.

Hey.... I like it.

Kouros smells like pee.
    Last edited by albumleaf; 3rd December 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Whaa? I didn't know anyone on here disliked that! That's one of my fav. frags of yet.

As for mine, Candies for Men! It was one of my first fragrances and I just really enjoy it

*paper bag over my head*

CK One and Escape
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I like Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, they're fun and I enjoy them once in awhile. And since I grew up in the '90s, I have a soft-spot for CK Escape and Cool Water Woman.

Drakkar Noir. From Guy Laroche (slight bias) and it totally gets whaled on. Its good stuff tho!

A*Men
    Joop!
    Unforgivable

The Trifecta.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

Too many to list..........
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyX View Post
    A*Men
    Joop!
    Unforgivable

The Trifecta.
    trifecta lol

smeller

Eternity for Men

A lovely aromatic fougére. No matter how synthetic it is, it smells great on me.

I have to say Gio Pour Homme.....a fantastic scent that stays with me all day.....One of those fragrances that I will spray when I don't want to think about my Sotd.....One of my favorite hot weather scents.....Gary

I finally tried Caesar's Man for the first time a few days ago, and I really like it. There are lots of bad reviews on it here, calling it cheap-smelling garbage. Sure the packaging and the fact that it's made in Las Vegas reek of cheap cheeziness, but it doesn't smell cheap.

Unhappy Re: Frags hated by many BNers that you like, and why.

I usually dislike modern synthetic sweet-fruity-vanilla type fragrances alot. But for some strange reason, I like Lacoste Pour Homme quite abit. It is kind of similar with Boss Bottled, which then again is horrid. Weird, I know!

Now you guys know my darkest secret.

Cool Re: Frags hated by many BNers that you like, and why.

1. Salvador by Dali (not Salvador Dali by Dali)
    Why?
    Because it's far, far from pedestrian, though most reviewers think so.

2. Le Roy Soleil also by Dali. Not as condemned as Salvador, but highly underrated.

3. The Baron (1965) by LTL or Evyan or whoever owns it these days.
    Because it's funky and fun.

4. Mont Blanc Individuel by Mont Blanc
    Because I'm not yet 100 years old, nor as much of a snob as I think--Oh the shame of it!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

It seems to me that Sécrétions Magnifiques is a “bête noire” for a lot of people here. However, I really like it. If I recall well (please, correct me if I am wrong), only a few other Basenoters (tigrushka, moon_fish, sofresh…) find it winsome, as well. Oh, and why do I like it? I don’t know exactly, I mean: why do we like or dislike anything in our lives?
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Jessica Simpson Fancy. I luuuurve it. Subtle and well-done.

I also appreciate/enjoy the whole idea behind the ELdO line, which a lot of people seem to loathe. Cheeky is good in my book and I like that they're doing something that feels different.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Continuing the trend, I really like Versace PH!

Polo Blue. It seems quite... "meloncholy" to me. Especially for a fresh scent, and that's why I like it. I quite like the suede-y note and the strong alcohol note, too.

Another A*men lover

Why - I always get this "love/hate" response. My closest friends always give me some "constructive" feedback when I wear this, and then total strangers compliment me on it. I will always have a bottle in my wardrobe - I enjoy constructive feedback

Acqua di Gio and Armani Code. Armani scents get bashed over here but in the "normal" world it almost always gets positive feedback and more important.. I just love them