Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default [Sorry. Ended] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

To celebrate the new look and name for Douro Eau de Portugal, Penhaligon's have teamed up with Basenotes to give away 100 bottles of the fragrance to members in the UK.

The aromatic citrus scent was created by William Penhaligon in 1911 for the Croft Port Dynasty. Inspiration came in the botanical guise of the labdanum plant growing on the Quinta da Roeda estate, in the Douro Valley, Portugal.

As well as the citrus overtones, which come from lemon, lime and mandarin, the top notes of the cologne feature geranium, basil, bergamot and lavender. The middle notes are neroli and lily of the valley and the base notes consist of labdanum, oakmoss, musk and sandalwood.
    For your chance to win a 50ml bottle of the scent (worth £50), which Luca Turin has described as having one of the finest dry downs in a fragrance, simply follow the instructions below.

Sorry, we can take no more entries

• Go to this page here
    • Put the subject as Penhaligon's Offer, and fill in your postal address. [UK Only Sorry]
    • Keep your fingers crossed. The first 100 entries we get from registered members that are eligible will get a bottle.
    Last edited by Grant; 12th January 2009 at 06:30 PM.

Talking Re: [UK Only] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

This is so nice!! I love penhaligon's! Their hammam bouquet is stunning.
    Last edited by malabah; 9th January 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: [UK Only] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

Lucky UKers!

Default Re: [UK Only] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

Wow that's awesome.

Spooky, have just got back from London and brought a 50ml bottle in their sale (old style packaging). Have been a fan of Castile for ages and tried Douro in the shop several times and it never struck me before but today it did. Maybe it's the cold weather. Anyway it's been about 6hrs now and still developing on my skin. This could be a new winter favourite. So decided to check out what others have thought of it and saw this offer. Hope I'm lucky, think I may need it.

So exciting!!! I hope I made it I do!

Basenotes Plus

That's very generous!!!!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Hope i'm one of the lucky ones! The scent sounds divine!

That is awesome. Has there ever been such a generous offer on Basenotes?

I wonder if the 100 people have signed up for It yet?

The only thing they could have done for me to make up for this horrendous decision is to give me a free bottle. But Noooooooo!

This is a tragedy, as far as I'm concerned.

Douro had the best packaging scheme out of the whole line, and was my favorite fragrance bottle/box design out of any brand.

I've even made Douro-inspired artwork.

I can't imagine why they'd do away with those awesome red, blue, and yellow stripes!

Truely depressing for me.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Cool. I'm sure I'm too late, but will you be publishing a list of recipients after a certain period?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Blog Entries

This is definitely a great frag. Sorry I can't get one of these 100 bottles, but I do plan on buying one during 2009.

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

i'm probably too late, but fingers crossed! yay things for free. bigger yay, lovely things for free!

Ooooo!

I'm feeling lucky!!

When do we find out?!

The suspense is killing me! I wonder because there hasn't been any winners announced yet, there may still be a chance for people to win?

Winners will be announced early next week.

Tell your friends -- we've not quite got to 100 yet...

Oooh, i entered yesterday, does that mean i have won a prize?! If so that has made my day! : )

I knew there must have been some downside to that damn Revolution! Can't we former colonials catch a break?

Quote Originally Posted by PhinClio View Post
    I knew there must have been some downside to that damn Revolution! Can't we former colonials catch a break?
    Perhaps they will accept entries from New England
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Grant,
    I think we could have at least been offered a free bottle if we paid for postage, or something. This is a disgrace for all other BN members.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

^^the_good_life....lolz....

aww man... I wish I lived in England now....
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

If anybody wins a bottle and decides to get rid of it, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some. . .

I hope I am not too late!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mi-hooked? View Post
    Grant,
    I think we could have at least been offered a free bottle if we paid for postage, or something. This is a disgrace for all other BN members.
    Agreed.

I hope I am not too late!

For the person who posted about a disgrace to all non-UK Basenotes-just look at the threads on swaps and sales saying US only...

I do not want to start any kind of flame war here, just pointing out there seemt o me to be less lucky breaks for UK Basenoters.

And also to publicly thank the Australian Basenoter who recently sold me some frags, saw the advert, thought of me and kindly alerted me to this offer by email. Thats what I call Basenoters friendship! (Thanks, Amit, just hope I am in time.)

Oooo! What a lovely way to join a forum!

What an amazingly generous offer!

My apologies for those outside of the UK who are unable to take part in this offer. We are aware that we have a global readership and where possible take this into account, though sometimes things are out of our control.

In the almost ten years I've been running this website, this is the first UK only offer. We have had many in the past that have been US Only.

Talking Re: [UK Only] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

so so excited aint felt this good since i tried Vanisia purely selfish i guess but i hope i win....keep up the GREAT work basenote

I love citrus perfumes ! but then I just love perfume

Probably too late to get one but at least it prompted me to join after so much time 'lurking'.
    And congratulations to Grant for arranging such a good offer!

< /lurk>

Hi all - I'm sure this great offer has brought a lot of lurkers out of the woodwork and thanks to Grant for organising it and sending out emails.

I look at this site a lot because I trust what I find - and although I'm not a big customer of the cosmetics counters, I love perfume for the way it can lift your spirit.

Default Re: [Sorry. Ended] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

Oooo fantastic!

Well... you know... maybe!

Grant- when dya reckon we can find out who's been lucky?!

Mike
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Default Re: [Sorry. Ended] 100 Bottles of Penhaligon's Douro Eau de Portugal up for grabs

If I'm one of the lucky ones that wins a bottle, I promise to share the wealth with my global BN fellows and distribute vials with abandon.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Ooooh, who are the winners? I am dying to know if i am one of them!

Have I missed the winners list somewhere Grant? Hopefully i am a winner, I'm feeling ill & I need cheering up!

Grant- Any forward on the winners list?

Would lovee to know If I'm one of the lucky ones!
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

eeep - when will we know? *quivers with anticipation*

Basenotes Plus

The suspense is killing me...

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

*Pout*

Me too! When do we get to find outttt?!

But in all seriousness, when do we get to find out? Im excited

Mike
    As above, so below.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Maybe Grant has gone to Portugal to personally pick up the bottles..

Hehehe maybe!

Well that'd explain the wait...

I'm not normally this impatient...

Okay... I am... but still!

I wanna know!

All in good time im sure.
    As above, so below.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    Hehehe maybe!

Well that'd explain the wait...

I'm not normally this impatient...

Okay... I am... but still!

I wanna know!

All in good time im sure.
    Oh, i'm very impatient, esp. when it comes to fragrance! I am wondering what is taking so long though...Grant, where are you?!

Grant had issues with his 'puter, and, if my source is correct, he's just managed to iron those out. My guess is he'll be back in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Grant had issues with his 'puter, and, if my source is correct, he's just managed to iron those out. My guess is he'll be back in no time
    Bloody computers! There is always something going wrong with them!

I think its just technology in general thats the cause of all these issues... though if it wasn't for technology we wouldnt have the opportunity for these offers in the first place!

Ahhh- a world of ironies!

Looking forward to finding out.

Mike
    As above, so below.

Martin Luther King Jr.

List of winners (in no particular order)

• R Kirkup
    • S Almusawa
    • G Lush
    • M Grossmann
    • M Negus
    • K Hart
    • W Andrew Oo
    • G Howson
    • 'SmellyOik'
    • A Jackson
    • 'Shenzy'
    • H Simkins
    • R Dery
    • S Cooper
    • I Looney,
    • J Hyde
    • L Dias de Almeida
    • Z. von Roretz
    • S Passingham,
    • S Freiermuth
    • K Brown
    • L Kelly
    • G Probert
    • P Wheeler
    • C King
    • 'bigwizz'
    • N Phillips
    • E Kunec
    • R Tuppen,
    • C Brennan
    • 'tulor'
    • R Ashton
    • S Charles
    • P Blake
    • G Johnson
    • J Cooper
    • C Robinson
    • FancyNance
    • L Ban
    • S Sykes
    • P Jordan
    • R Tuppen
    • A Zadoroshnyj
    • M Gerwin
    • K Obourn
    • R Simisker
    • J Aspden
    • S Hooper
    • M Norman
    • I Halliwell
    • N Cooper-Reed
    • A Pickul
    • S Ball
    • D Mubaiwa
    • A Trowbridge
    • R Juriga
    • K M Urry
    • B Lawford
    • 'Erzanmyne'
    • P Malcolm
    • L Handlin
    • A Cottingham
    • 'silverdog'
    • P Corcoran
    • M Moazami
    • G Way
    • J Proudman
    • R Chappell
    • J Larner
    • M.Harris
    • Dr K. Daniels
    • E Mensah
    • L Jones
    • Z Fiander
    • V Chavda
    • G Jamieson
    • J Mindlin,
    • B Yau,
    • C Ashwin
    • S Gallacher,
    • J Owens
    • N Gilbert
    • A Fellowes
    • A Skroch
    • T Dunckley
    • D. Dimitriadis
    • C Murchie
    • 'petruccijc'
    • P Robinson
    • T Bell
    • A Chavda
    • A Ma
    • S Pellinen
    • L Upton
    • K Blundell
    • R Cooper
    • 'bugsy'
    • Mrs R Storino
    • Mr C Lillie

I thought we were going to have to send a manned search to come & find you! Seriously though, thanks for running this comp. yay, i'm a winner!!!

Thank you Grant and thank you Penhaligons

Thanks Grant, thanks Penhaligons and thanks to all who have made this possible. God bless

Basenotes Plus

Woop! Thanks Grant and Penhaligons :P

auburnette

OMG, I can't believe it!! I never win anything!

I will share the perfume love freely when I get some decanting supplies. Thankyou so much!

Ahaha! This is just fantastic

Thanks alot to Grant for giving us all the opportunity and for Penhaligons generosity

I look very much forward to wearing this lovely frag

Out of interest (So I know when to leave the note out for the postman) when should we expect to recieve our fortunately gotten gains?!

Mike
    As above, so below.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    Ahaha! This is just fantastic

Thanks alot to Grant for giving us all the opportunity and for Penhaligons generosity

I look very much forward to wearing this lovely frag

Out of interest (So I know when to leave the note out for the postman) when should we expect to recieve our fortunately gotten gains?!

Mike
    pass.

I gave the list to Penhaligons a few days ago, but I dont know how/when they will be shipping. If I find out anything I'll let you know

Thank you very much, Grant, for doing this and please pass on our thanks to Penhaligons.

Woohoo!!

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!
    I now have sympathy for Kate Winslet I feel blubbery, exited and sentimental! (all is forgiven Kate)
    But first I would like to thank GRANT
    Woooohooooo
    Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah! Thanks Grant!

fantastic! thanks again for this great competition.

Been avoiding checking to see if I was lucky enough to get one (didn't want to be disappointed). And I'm on the list!
    Thank again to all involved in organising this.

oh wow I'm on the list too!!

Thank you Grant and Basenotes.

:-x