Code of Conduct

Thread: V pour Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Default V pour Homme

Versace pour Homme.
    Classic. I got a 100 ml bottle. yesterday, last time I wore it was perhaps 12 years ago.
    If this juice had a different name like Montale Montego Bay or Creed Virgin mystery , it will be a cult classic. It is fine though , lets keep this gem just underrated.. superb.
    I hope they don't discontinue it.
    For the newbies they should give it a good try and understand what an 80īs masculine and visionary fragrance is.
    Thank you Versace.
    Last edited by Basteri; 11th January 2009 at 11:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: V pour Homme

I saw recently where this is now packaged in a new box and bottle. Is that all that was changed?

Hopefully we won't be mentioning the dreaded R word about this one!

noggs

Post Thanks / Like

I think the one that came out in the eighties is called Versace l'homme. There is one that came out last year called Pour Homme. They are very different. I haven't seen l'homme in awhile so I don't know if it's in new packaging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I think the one that came out in the eighties is called Versace l'homme. There is one that came out last year called Pour Homme. They are very different. I haven't seen l'homme in awhile so I don't know if it's in new packaging.
    Right.

Versace L'Homme is the old classic

Versace Pour Homme was the new one last year that is the blue juice...very good stuff IMO.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

I think the original post was referring to the classic fragrance from the 1980s, and that is the one I was also commenting about. I believe this is known as l'Homme, while the newer one is Pour Homme.

I could be confused about the box I saw. The SA pointed out the box to me, saying that it was the old Versace l'Homme fragrance repackaged, and grabbed a bottle of a newer Versace fragrance, saying that the new bottle for the classic fragrance was just like it. I didn't get a real close look at it. I suppose it could've been the newer fragrance and the SA was confused about it as well.

The Versace website does indeed show a new box for the classic l'Homme, but the bottle appears to be the same as the older one. So the SA may have been half right. I'll have to pay closer attention to these things in the future.

At any rate, when I saw the new packaging, the first thing that crossed my mind was reformulation.

Sorry for any confusion.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 11th January 2009 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

same bottle, no reformulation (at least to me, still smells like the one I had in the 90īs.)
    Box.. I dont even remember how the box looked back then maybe it was changed.
    VERSACE Lī HOMME
    Eau de Toilette
    Natural Spray.
    Made in Italy

Post Thanks / Like

Basteri
    dmarino is correct .
    they are different frags in different bottles as both noggs & TC have also ponted out .
    cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43