Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Stetson Rich Suede is no Cuiron!

i think it was Manuel and a few other BNers who have said that Stetson Rich Suede reminded them of Cuiron the other day. Today, i was in CVS, waiting for my wife who spent 14 minutes looking at hair clips and different types of garbage bags......and there i saw the rack of 'cheaper' colognes glaring at me. So many to choose from! LOL.

There at the bottom, for $11.99, a 0.75oz of Stetson Rich Suede. Expensive! That's $48 for 3oz! i paid $20 for one of my 1.6oz Cuiron bottles at a shop in the city.....(i have 9 backup bottles of Cuiron currently)

It's NO Cuiron, that's for sure! The opening blast is pretty Cuiron-ish, but then it basically delves into Zirh Corduroy territory......and never really looks back. Some cinnamon, vanilla, etc....less leather than Cuiron and less complex as well.

i will say though, that it's a pretty nicely made scent. No element of 'cheapness' in it....and i think it smells better than Corduroy (which i thought was pretty poor actually)....i was just a little appalled by the very high price for a scent which i thought would be 'cheap'.

Default Re: Stetson Rich Suede is no Cuiron!

If you are too lazy to walk to CVS (I was) you can order a free sample from here - http://www.stetsoncologne.com/

Soooooo. You've got 9 back up bottles?Hmmmmmm. Care to spare one?

[QUOTE=everso;1405260]It's NO Cuiron, that's for sure! The opening blast is pretty Cuiron-ish[QUOTE]

"Cuiron-ish" at the opening is a pretty good description. I think I had referred to it as a "Cuiron Lite".
    Where Cuiron delves further into animalic ecstasy (that just sounds wrong!!!), Rich Suede levels out at an ambery sweet finish. For me it's a good, cheap, everyday thrill to keep my true Cuiron from running empty before it's time.

But, wow, $11.99 for 0.75oz ?! That's alot of bread, brother.
    Check out the Walgreens website - wait a minute!...9 backup bottles of Cuiron?
    Dude, I don't think you're in need of 'stretching' your Cuiron supply anytime soon...unless you bathe in it
    or use it as breath freshener

By the way Everso, Cuir Ottoman arrived in the mail a few days ago. THAT was an EXCELLENT recommendation! Thanks!
    Last edited by Manuel; 12th January 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Nine backup bottles? You must really get your Cuir-On.

Stetson Rich Suede isn't bad for what it is. I might get a bottle...someday.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Don't even try to get any of everso's Cuiron bottles - he keeps them in a safety deposit box and has them insured by Lloyds of London :-p

My only question is this - was Tom Brady's pic on the Stetson packaging? Gosh I sure hope so.