Code of Conduct

Default Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Cristalle EdP

I am sampling Rive Gauche pour Homme today, and wow, this thing is tenacious. Sillage *grew* as the day passed, and I had to scrub, to no avail.

I like this scent. Really. But. . . it is one of three very-nice-smelling emetics on my skin.

Two other scents do this to me.

Chanel Antaeus -- again, after the piss notes in the beginning, I really like the drydown, but I get a headache and nausea from wearing it

Chanel Cristalle EdP (not the EdT) -- smells so good, but makes me sick too.

What is it that might be in all three that is inducing my nausea? Aldehydes perhaps?

(And no, I'm not pregnant. )

Thumbs up Re: Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Cristalle EdP

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    I am sampling Rive Gauche pour Homme today, and wow, this thing is tenacious. Sillage *grew* as the day passed, and I had to scrub, to no avail.

I like this scent. Really. But. . . it is one of three very-nice-smelling emetics on my skin.
    I really like this one too. I use the "Indieguy" method of spraying...that is, one ( or 2 max) sprays under my shirt ( on chest area). That way I am not knocking down people or even myself as the day goes on. I get constant "wiffs" off this great creamy-soapy-powdery-metallic scent. Just amazing how it can be all these things.

C'mon Aiona, give it another chance I remember the day I bought it blind. Boy was it strong and I wanted to kick myself for buying this disaster. Now I love it.

Default Re: Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Cristalle EdP

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    C'mon Aiona, give it another chance I remember the day I bought it blind. Boy was it strong and I wanted to kick myself for buying this disaster. Now I love it.
    I'll try. I can't remember who it was who said she used to hate Fracas, but then she sprayed it on her knees, and I guess that was just far enough away to not make her sick. My legs aren't very long though.