Code of Conduct

Thread: hand care

Blog Entries

Default hand care

I'm going on an important trip in about 6 weeks. I'm trying to improve the appearance of my hands. I have a bad habit of picking @ my nails & cuticles. Right now I'm using Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle & Burt's Bee's lemon butter cuticle cream. I just want to get my nails smooth & even (flush with the tips of my fingers) & my cuticles moisturized. What (preferably drugstore) products do you all recommend?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: hand care

I've used both those products and they are pretty good. Solar Oil is better than the lemon butter if you can manage to put in on two or three times a day, in my experience, but the lemon smells great, so.... Sally's sells a buffing cream if you're not into polishing your nails, get the cream and the chamois buffer and do it once a week - it will help smooth ridges and make your nails shiny and polished. A quick treatment is to slather your hands in vaseline, let it absorb for a few minutes, then use a good scrub - any drug store one or even sugar or salt will do, rinse and apply a heavy hand cream.

Blog Entries

Thanx for the creme & buffer tip. I think I may look for that closer to the time of the trip for some last minute touches! So far w/ the Sally Hansen stuff & the lemon butter my nails & cuticles look noticeably better in just the couple days I've been using them. I can't wait for them to start growing out again.

I'm hooked on Sally Hanson's Nail Growth Miracle, too. I also use those nail emories that have four different grits and use the finest two to smooth and buff. For cuticles, Revlon's cuticle remover works well and then maintain by rubbing a little salt scrub into them as a one minute manicure. To make you own, just add some vegetable oil to salt, if they are broken, then use sugar so it won't sting. My favorite hand creams contain shea butter, like L'Occitane's or Crabtree & Evelyn's. Pure shea butter is good for cuticles (and lips!) L'Occitane sells a small size you can take traveling, as well as small size hand creams.

bleu autumn haze

My hands are wreck right now ... the cold, dry weather and all the hand washing I do at work.

My mom bought a hand care kit from Perlier (from Home Shopping Network) that I really like. It's hemp and rosemary oil. http://beauty.hsn.com/perlier-hemp-w...76023&ocm=sekw
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I get bad cracking, especially at this time of year. As well as using a good hand cream (I've tried them all,) I read somewhere that flaxseed oil supplements can help. I started taking them a couple days ago. I also read that it's important to stay hydrated, so increased my daily water intake (I'm awful about getting enough.) It's only been a couple of days, so will report back if and when I notice any difference.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I have very dry skin and eczema on my elbow and neck. My doctor recommended cream which has10% Urea, it really helps to sooth my scaly skin and often I use that as a handcream. I also use the Jurlique Rose Hand Cream which is an Australian brand, it is very thick and rehydrating.

I just bought Lubriderm with AHA's in a pump bottle and although I've only used it a few times, it makes my hands and body amazingly soft. I also like Solar oil and OPI makes this cuticle stuff called Avoplex that I like alot, too.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the tips, ladies! Beachroses, I'm also a fan of those 4-sided emories. I need to get another one of those.

I am a nurse and I constantly am washing them and wearing gloves ( which is hard on your skin) and I would be lost without Keihls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve.